Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

Farewell! Marineford will close down on July 22. All info here.

Today's Chapters: BnHA | HxH | OP | SnS

Werewolf Game - Discussion & Analysis
Thingyman Offline
Threads:

"Newbie"

1,953,000฿

RE: Werewolf Game - Discussion & Analysis

UPDATE ON MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP

Originally, the plan was for this season to feature 135 communities. We will now have 165 participating communities, which means that this season alone we will have more different communities represented than all other seasons combined. Approximately 60 communities are participating for the very first time. Of the returning communities, about a dozen of them are resending a previous representative, while the rest are all sending fresh faces.

As a result of how big this season has gotten, we'll have more games to look forward to than ever before. We will have 11 qualifying games, 2 wildcard games and 1 finale game = 14 games in total.

All kinds of communities are partipating. Besides the sites dedicated specifically to mafia, we have forums dedicated to popular entertainment, sports, poker, board games, online games, video games, role playing, LEGO, personality type testing, stick figure animations, science, atheism, music, mathematics, comics, students, etc. Some of these communities started playing mafia more than a decade ago; Others just started this year.

Despite this being a forum event, we will also have communities that play the game via various chat clients (Discord, Telegram, IRC, custom, etc.) and via webcam (with games often streamed on Twitch.tv). And not least, there are communities centered around mafia game variants that you can buy on Steam (Town of Salem and Throne of Lies).

This season will also have the biggest international scope yet. For the very first time we will have representatives from Romania, Hungary, Chile, Portugal, Ukraine and Czechia as well as our first person representing a Japanese community. We even have our first Native American.

In addition to this, we of course welcome back countries such as USA, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Italy, Indonesia, South Africa and Ireland, meaning that we'll have more than 20 different countries represented in total.

Next update: I am hoping very much I will have all the info I need from all of the representatives by Wednesday at the latest next week. Assuming I do, I will schedule all the qualifying games on this day and get back to you with your representative's start date.

04-22-2017 02:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes Thingyman's post:
من رفتم (04-22-2017)
pele10brazil Online
Threads:

"Advanced Pirate"

205,419,500฿

Achievements

(04-22-2017 02:09 PM)Thingyman Wrote:  This season will also have the biggest international scope yet. For the very first time we will have representatives from Romania, Hungary, Chile, Portugal, Ukraine and Czechia as well as our first person representing a Japanese community.

.İmage

04-23-2017 12:01 PM
Thingyman Offline
Threads:

"Newbie"

1,953,000฿

FINAL UPDATE

Your representative has been slotted into this game below.

GAME 4 @ MAY 15 (48/24 Phase Lengths w/ 4 PM EST deadline)
@abarker (What the Daily WTF?)
@braided pain (Personality Cafe)
@Celever (PokeBeach)
@Crispetalous (Sugoi Desu!)
@Dp101 (Realms Beyond)
@GrayNinja (BisaBoard)
@lexistenz (Hattrick.org (Romanian))
@machucado (Hattrick.org (Swedish))
@Maribro (Australian Super Smash Bros.)
@Murska (Giant in the Playground)
@pele10brazil(Marineford)
@TEOL (Extreme Warfare Battleground)
@Voe (W3D Hub)
@Yraelz (Debate.org)
@Zone Q11 (Novel Updates)

Do you wish to spectate and/or talk with players from other communities?
We have a big chat on Discord (300+ members) for those that want to spectate and talk about these games. The representatives will be added to this channel too after they die. Or if you just want to chat with people from other communities, we have a general chat too that is unrelated to the Mafia Championship.

1) CLICK HERE TO JOIN: https://discord.gg/zdeEhcg
2) Tag one of the red or blue people in the chat (write @Thingyman or @staff for example), let them know who you are and from what community, and they'll give you the necessary permissions to see the spectator channel. This is necessary to avoid the wrong people (the representatives and their backups) joining the channel.

You don't need to have Discord installed in order to join the channel, as there is a web version.

Do you want to have your own private community spectator chat?
This is definitely both allowed and encouraged. However, I ask that you please do everything possible to make this chat private and inaccessible to your representative, backup and your representative's opponents. It's important that your thoughts and comments don't influence the game. In other words, please don't post about the game in public threads -- this is very important.

Where do I get more info?
Refer to this thread: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/thre...-Is-Now%21

This thread will tell you all the details about this season. It also includes the list of participating communities and their representatives.

If you need to get in contact with me, my Skype is "thingyman" and my Discord is "Thingyman#6075". From this point on I will be checking in less on the various sites. I will make sure to pop in again though when your representative's game starts and post a link :)

04-29-2017 04:50 PM
Thingyman Offline
Threads:

"Newbie"

1,953,000฿

Hi guys!

Your representative's Mafia Championship game has started: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/thre...ampionship

I wish them the best of luck.

Remember to please keep discussion of the game to private channels where the players wouldn't be able to see your comments on the game. Also, if you want to spectate the game along with people from other communities, you can join the Discord server here (500+ people): https://discord.gg/zdeEhcg. Just remember to tag @staff and ask them for access to the spectator channel upon joining server :)

05-16-2017 05:24 AM
pele10brazil Online
Threads:

"Advanced Pirate"

205,419,500฿

Achievements

The game has ended. I was town and mafia won. It was an intense and fun experience tho Thumbs Up

Gratitude @Ouki for being behind me!

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2017 12:18 PM by pele10brazil.)
05-29-2017 11:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Werewolf Game #13 Bye07Law 1,070 17,917 03-14-2017 03:11 AM
Last Post: pele10brazil
  Werewolf Game #13 - Sign-up Bye07Law 116 1,971 02-19-2017 12:47 AM
Last Post: Harazaki
  Important Thread Werewolf Game [Mafia Game] - Rules & Explanations Shooter 116 11,217 02-18-2017 07:45 PM
Last Post: من رفتم
  Werewolf Game #12 Shooter 361 13,665 05-04-2016 01:29 AM
Last Post: pele10brazil
  Werewolf Game #12 - Sign-up Shooter 46 3,199 02-14-2016 08:00 PM
Last Post: Shooter
  Werewolf Game #11 Garrona 321 11,936 12-19-2015 06:16 PM
Last Post: Garrona
  Werewolf Game #11 - Sign-up Garrona 43 2,599 12-04-2015 02:44 PM
Last Post: Garrona
  Werewolf Game #10 Bye07Law 819 20,221 10-17-2015 06:51 PM
Last Post: Katrina
  Werewolf Game #10 - Sign-up Bye07Law 55 4,282 10-06-2015 11:36 PM
Last Post: GOMU
  Werewolf Game Hall of Fame Shooter 1 1,036 10-03-2015 08:35 PM
Last Post: Shooter

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)