Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

Star Wars - Who Is Supreme Leader Snoke?
Fulcrum Away
Admirals
Threads:

"Toruinu - Turquoise Dog"

906,706,490฿

Achievements
Star Wars - Who Is Supreme Leader Snoke?

Snoke:

What we know about Snoke:

1. He is a Force Sensitive
2. He is skilled in the Dark Side of the Force
3. He is the Supreme Leader of the First Order
4. He is very knowedgable of The Force and the events of both Jedi Purge and Empire
5. He is powerful enough to have a lot of apprentices including Ben Solo
6. He is humanoid ALIEN

What we can talk about:

1. First and foremost who is he? And what is his plan?

2. He seems to be very powerful and knowedgable of the Force. Who was his Master? Was he alive at the events of Empire and Jedi Purge?

3. So far, none of the members of the First Order has been classified as Sith. Do you think he will end up following their ideology?

4. Why is Snoke so interested in Luke? In both movies and the Expanded Universe, we see that many Sith Lords are interested in turning Luke to the Dark Side. Is it the case with Snoke? Or he just wants to destroy him?

Theories about Snoke

-Darth Plagueis-
Spoiler :
I will now tell you a thing from Expanded Universe. It contains spoilers for those who don't read novels and comics. Darth Sidious, a master of Dart Vader, from the Episodes III, IV, V and IV had a master called Darth Plagueis. As you recall, when Sidious was taking to Anakin, he said there was a Dark Lord of Sith who could save the loved ones from dying and cheat death. He was actually reffering to his old master. Now in the novels Plagueis was able to control midi chlorians to such extent that he could create and prolong life. It was mentioned both in the movies and EU that Plagueis is dead (killed by Palpatine). But what if he has cheated death and somehow survived? His physicial appearance in the Force Awakens is very similar to those in the movies and the EU. JJ Abrams already made a connection between Jacen Solo and Ben Solo. He might aswell make this one too. It would explain a lot of things about Snoke. Plagueis is the one who is responsible for all the things that happened before Palpatine revealed himself as the Dark Lord of Sith. And he is one of the most wisest/smasters Sith to ever live so he could easily know the things that happened in the Empire. It would also explain his powers and why he is so interested in Skywakers bloodline being that he can be called Anakin's "father". So maybe hw is interested to see what became of Anakin and Luke.

Proven Wrong

Spoiler :
-Darth Sidious-
Spoiler :
I have many ideas what it could be. But my best idea would be that Snoke is a Clone of Palpatine / Darth Sidious. He prepared a clone of himself if something would happen to him - so that his clone would take over his legacy if he died. We have now about 30 years after Endor. So we know that the clones can alter with double speed - so he would be around 50-60 now.
Why does he look so deformated? Maybe Palpatine's usage of the dark force deformed his cell's so he had to use corrupt cell's for the cloning process.

This theme was already done in the old Extendend Universe Saga (the first extended comic) and there a Clone Imperator brought Luke to the Dark Side.

-Mace Windu-
Spoiler :

-Ezra Bridger-
Spoiler :
Snoke's thoughts about Ben.

Ideal embodiment of the Force, both Light and the Dark Side.

Why would a villain like Snoke be interested in the Light Side? If he is in fact Sidious, or Plagueis, he wouldn't have interest in it. Not that much.

I agree that a completely new character would be lame, but what if he actually isn't any of the previous Sith but actually a Jedi padawan from Star Wars: Rebels? Or he actually has some connection to him. xD Ezra Bridger.

Ezra is a character introduced in the Star Wars Rebels series. He is a young Jedi Padawan of Kanan, a Jedi who managed to survive Order 66 and is now a Rebellion fighter. He is very gifted with the Force.

I'll star with obvious. In concept art, Snoke has blue eyes, same as Ezra.

Ezra obsession is collecting helmets. He has faced Darth Vader and admires him so him getting his helemt (We didn't see Luke carrying it in return of the Jedi) isn't really so hard to believe. Ben had to get that mask from somewhere.

Ezra did used the Dark Side couple of times prior to the season 2.

What got me thinking that Snoke or Knights of Ren have some connection to Ezra is a mid season 2 trailer.

We already talked about Gray as the concept of the Force.

They are not canon now. They exist only in the Legends department. But, the line used to describe Snoke's thought about Ben - He is perfect embodiment of both sides. Sounds like a Gray concept to me.

In the trailer we see Kanan in front of a man, who uses both Force and is skilled in lightsaber combat. And he is all in gray. Plus, look at the logo above Kanan. It looks really a lot like a logo used in EU for Gray Jedi Order.

Trailer also gives us strings about Ezra's connection to the Dark Side. In video below Yoda speaks about how his abilities are growing and with them the danger, too. Next scene we saw Vader approaching, and Ezra admiring Anakin in video that Ashoka shows him. Back to my prior assumtion, I think this is the reason why Ezra would track down Vader's helmet.

In the next shot we see a Gray Jedi talking about Ezra, how the Dark Side calls to him, how Ezra used Sith Holocron (Not really a Jedish thing), how Darth Maul returns and is actually calling himself Ezra's Master. He says Ezra seeks knowelgde.

Ezra already talked to Yoda. He has tuteleage of Kanan and Ashoka Tano. Why would he seeked anything from a Sith? He is rebelious nature as seen here.

So him wanting to get knoweldge on both sides, appearing of the Gray Jedis, and later in Force Awakens appearing of Supreme Leader Snoke who believes in both sides is just too much to be a coincidence. Plus Kanan was in fight with this Gray dudes.

İmageİmage

Kanan is holding his own lightsaber but also a red one which is always a symbol for Sith. Maybe they are fighting to show him that both sides are needed to have peace.

Ben lightsaber - We know his saber is unstable and we also know this:

This lightsaber was first used in Great Scourge of Malachor. Scourge - A means of inflicting severe suffering, vengeance... So Sith being connected with it, doesn't seem odd.

Ashoka, Kanan and Erza come to a very Sithy place.

Erza finds this:

This crossguard is actually the first one seen in canon Universe, as Star Wars Rebels timeline is before The Force Awakens. So Ezra is the only canon character that actually hold a stable saber. Someone had to teach Ben how to make one, and it was most likely Snoke who did it.

Not to mention that Erza is a rebel who had ties with Leia. She witnessed the plans of Death Star. How in the hell would Snoke know how to built the devastatin weapon similar to Death Star if he hadn't have plans for it. The Death Star was destroyed twice, so most probably the only plans left are the ones with the Rebel alliance.

Seems far fetched for Erza to be Snoke, but his connection to the concept of both light and dark side (same as Snoke), him admiring Anakin and having obsession with helmets (Kylo couldn't possibly get that helmet on his own, nor we saw Luke carrying it), his training by Kanan, Ashoka, Yoda, Maul implies that he will have a vaste knoweldge of the Force, him wielding the first crossguard saber we saw in canon, him using both sides, defying the logic of Light and Jedi, his lighsaber skills who are high enough to match Vader (Ben did not create the Ren Knights, somebody did it before him. As there are not really so many great swordsman in the Galaxy except Erza/Obi Wan/Ashoka) implies in some manner that Erza will actually have some connection to Snoke and the First Order.

-Tarkin-
Spoiler :
recently read a somewhat theory that Snoke is actually Grand Moff Tarkin İmage

There are definitely similarities in how they look Snoke looking like a deformed version of Tarkin. The big thing that everyone was talking about was the book that was published this year called "Tarkin", it was pretty much the first piece of canon material outside the movies made by Disney. He would also have a reason to corrupt Ben Solo, that reason being Leia. The issue everyone had was Snoke being a Force Sensitive at the least if not a Force Master user. This can be explained because in the now Legacy universe many characters would gain force powers after surviving a traumatic ordeal. What could be more traumatic than being the sole survivor of the Death Star explosion?

It would also explain why he knows so much about the Skywalker and Solo family and his control over the First Order, and even how to build a new Superweapon. The words Grand Moff even meant Supreme Leader in canon not an exact translation but he was technically on the same level as Darth Vader was in canon, which was above all admirals and other governors. They were literally the right and left hands of Sidious.

Now do I believe this? Not entirely but it would be pretty awesome.

-Kylo Ren-
Spoiler :

Feel free to add any more questions you would like to discuss here.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2017 10:31 AM by Fulcrum.)
01-12-2016 11:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Kurowara Offline
Threads:

"The GodFodder"

573,049,900฿

Achievements
RE: Supreme Leader Snoke - Discussion

Spoiler:
Scenaristically, I think it would be Plaeguis would be logical choice. As far as I remember, in the canon universe, the only pre-episode I Sith lord that are mentionned are him and Darth Bane (the Clone Wars). But Bane lived before Yoda was born, whereas Plaeguis is a "recent" character. Moreover, I don't think the scenarists grant more value to what we see the Clone Wars than what we see in episode III.

A new powerful dark side force user coming out from nowhere would be a little bit lame.

A story of the fodders, by the fodders, for the fodders

01-12-2016 10:56 PM
The following 1 user Likes Kurowara's post:
Gobee129 (01-22-2016)
Garrona Offline
Shichibukai
King's Crew
World Nobles
Threads:

"Ergo Proxy"

533,053,867฿

Achievements

I have many ideas what it could be. But my best idea would be that Snoke is a Clone of Palpatine / Darth Sidious. He prepared a clone of himself if something would happen to him - so that his clone would take over his legacy if he died. We have now about 30 years after Endor. So we know that the clones can alter with double speed - so he would be around 50-60 now.
Why does he look so deformated? Maybe Palpatine's usage of the dark force deformed his cell's so he had to use corrupt cell's for the cloning process.

This theme was already done in the old Extendend Universe Saga (the first extended comic) and there a Clone Imperator brought Luke to the Dark Side.

01-13-2016 04:12 AM
Fulcrum Away
Admirals
Threads:

"Toruinu - Turquoise Dog"

906,706,490฿

Achievements

(01-13-2016 04:12 AM)Garrona Wrote:  This theme was already done in the old Extendend Universe Saga (the first extended comic) and there a Clone Imperator brought Luke to the Dark Side.

It wasn't the first extended comic. Marvel did SW comics way before Dark Horse started Dark Empire.

Though I like the idea. Hamill in the interview said there will be a relevation in the new triology even bigger that Vader is the father of Luke. So Palpatine actually surviving the fall would be a great relevation. Then again they would be taking a direct idea from a material that they now deem not canon. Which is kinda stupid. Plus they would have to a buy a licence from Dark Horse...

But yeah, it's possible.Thumbs Up

01-13-2016 10:19 AM
Diamante Offline
Threads:

"God of Thunder "

241,879,312฿

Achievements

Well, who is he? Hopefully not an entire new character, would be lame if a totally unrelated Sith hid somewhere and didn't show up until now; especially when it only should be two siths at the same time, one master and one apprentice. Except for the time when Plagueis (Master), Palpatine (Apprentice) and Maul (Palpatine's apprentice) was active at the same time, but that was because Maul only was used as an assassin and wasn't a true apprentice in that regard, according to the EU of course.

However, I've heard and there are lots of theories that Snoke is Darth Plagueis which would be really cool; some people say that the song that played when Snoke appeared was the song "The Tradgedy of Darth Plagueis" which played when Palpatine told the story about Darth Plagueis. One Video comparing the music;

I didn't pay that much attention or don't have that much knowledge to say that if this is correct or not but I would certainly prefer if Snoke were Darth Plagueis rather than a completely new, separate Sith Lord. If this music comparison is correct I would say it's pretty safe to say that he's Darth Plagueis.

Spoiler: Picture of Snoke

He looks like shit but on top of his skull we can see a nasty scar and Sidious said he killed his master in his sleep; that could be were the scar comes from, Sidious assault.

And, like Cajinn brought up, Plagueis had the knowledge to cheat death so yeah, him being able to avoid dying would be pretty neat and it would be a Sith Lord that's connected to one of the already existing characters so I really would enjoy if Supreme Leader Snoke would end up being Darth Plagueis. :)

01-18-2016 08:42 PM
The following 1 user Likes Diamante's post:
Fulcrum (01-20-2016)
Captain E Kid Offline
Threads:

"Advanced Pirate"

203,792,800฿

Achievements

I recently read a somewhat theory that Snoke is actually Grand Moff Tarkin İmage

There are definitely similarities in how they look Snoke looking like a deformed version of Tarkin. The big thing that everyone was talking about was the book that was published this year called "Tarkin", it was pretty much the first piece of canon material outside the movies made by Disney. He would also have a reason to corrupt Ben Solo, that reason being Leia. The issue everyone had was Snoke being a Force Sensitive at the least if not a Force Master user. This can be explained because in the now Legacy universe many characters would gain force powers after surviving a traumatic ordeal. What could be more traumatic than being the sole survivor of the Death Star explosion?

It would also explain why he knows so much about the Skywalker and Solo family and his control over the First Order, and even how to build a new Superweapon. The words Grand Moff even meant Supreme Leader in canon not an exact translation but he was technically on the same level as Darth Vader was in canon, which was above all admirals and other governors. They were literally the right and left hands of Sidious.

Now do I believe this? Not entirely but it would be pretty awesome.

01-21-2016 03:57 PM
The following 1 user Likes Captain E Kid's post:
Fulcrum (01-21-2016)
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:

"Kigarashi - Yellow Lion"

3,585,817,593฿

Achievements

I think we all agree that Snoke being a new character would be lame. So let's talk about the choices possible. The only choice I really like would be Darth Plagueis, simply because, as @Kurowara correctly stated already, he is the only mentioned Sith Lord we have not seen on screen yet (in the movies). But the theory I like the most is Snoke being the first ever Sith.

I read a comment on a youtube video:

Snoke - The First Sith
"I don't think Snoke is a conventional Sith. If he was, he would have named Kylo Ren Darth Ren the same way Darth Sidious named Anakin Darth Vader. I feel that it's far more likely that he's the first true master of the dark side of the Force.

This would explain why Luke is searching for the first Jedi Temple and why Ren's lightsaber looks much more ancient in design. According to the established lore, the first Sith was once a Jedi. What if Snoke was that Jedi and Luke is trying to find information on him in the ruins of the first Jedi Temple? Makes sense to me.?"

I dig this theory a lot, for a couple of reasons:

1.) Luke searches the first Jedi, but Snoke is the first Jedi -> The path will lead him to Snoke and the story comes ultimately to its climax.
2.) As far as I know, Abrams said in interviews, or rather never said, that the Sith would appear in the 3 new movies. He never confirmed either Snoke or Kylo as Sith. This leaves open the question "what classification are they then?". Snoke being the first "Sith", or the first being of the Dark Side, would explain why they dont go with the normal Sith procedures.
3.) "The first Sith / the first Dark Side being" would be the ONLY acceptable new character. Like I said at the start of this post, a completely new character for Snoke would be rather lame. But not at all if he turns out to be the first ever Sith!

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2016 05:57 PM by Gobee129.)
01-22-2016 05:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Captain E Kid Offline
Threads:

"Advanced Pirate"

203,792,800฿

Achievements

(01-22-2016 05:56 PM)Gobee129 Wrote:  I think we all agree that Snoke being a new character would be lame. So let's talk about the choices possible. The only choice I really like would be Darth Plagueis, simply because, as @Kurowara correctly stated already, he is the only mentioned Sith Lord we have not seen on screen yet (in the movies). But the theory I like the most is Snoke being the first ever Sith.

I read a comment on a youtube video:

Snoke - The First Sith
"I don't think Snoke is a conventional Sith. If he was, he would have named Kylo Ren Darth Ren the same way Darth Sidious named Anakin Darth Vader. I feel that it's far more likely that he's the first true master of the dark side of the Force.

This would explain why Luke is searching for the first Jedi Temple and why Ren's lightsaber looks much more ancient in design. According to the established lore, the first Sith was once a Jedi. What if Snoke was that Jedi and Luke is trying to find information on him in the ruins of the first Jedi Temple? Makes sense to me.?"

I dig this theory a lot, for a couple of reasons:

1.) Luke searches the first Jedi, but Snoke is the first Jedi -> The path will lead him to Snoke and the story comes ultimately to its climax.
2.) As far as I know, Abrams said in interviews, or rather never said, that the Sith would appear in the 3 new movies. He never confirmed either Snoke or Kylo as Sith. This leaves open the question "what classification are they then?". Snoke being the first "Sith", or the first being of the Dark Side, would explain why they dont go with the normal Sith procedures.
3.) "The first Sith / the first Dark Side being" would be the ONLY acceptable new character. Like I said at the start of this post, a completely new character for Snoke would be rather lame. But not at all if he turns out to be the first ever Sith!

I actually would prefer this theory, it's a new one for me and I really like it. The only problem I see with is the fact that the first practitioner of the Dark Side was never stated as far as I know. I might be wrong in this as I'm a fan of the Legacy universe but not an expert by any means. If that is the case that this dark side user was never mentioned where did the name come from? Did JJ just make it up or was it George Lucas putting his two cents in?

I really do like the idea and actually would prefer this over every theory I've read so far.

01-22-2016 06:25 PM
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:

"Kigarashi - Yellow Lion"

3,585,817,593฿

Achievements

(01-22-2016 06:25 PM)Captain E Kid Wrote:  The only problem I see with is the fact that the first practitioner of the Dark Side was never stated as far as I know.

Why would that be a problem? Isn't it actually good that the first sith never "appeared" in the EU, but is now brought into action by the movies? That way, we get a) new things, and b) the hardcore fans wouldn't see any EU characters be declared non-canon (like with Han Solo's kids). Not much of a problem if you ask me.

About the name, hmm, well where does "Kylo Ren" come from? They made it up, right? Maybe they just made Snoke up as well. Or it has a hidden meaning/connection we don't know yet. (?)

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2016 06:34 PM by Gobee129.)
01-22-2016 06:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Captain E Kid Offline
Threads:

"Advanced Pirate"

203,792,800฿

Achievements

(01-22-2016 06:33 PM)Gobee129 Wrote:  
(01-22-2016 06:25 PM)Captain E Kid Wrote:  The only problem I see with is the fact that the first practitioner of the Dark Side was never stated as far as I know.

Why would that be a problem? Isn't it actually good that the first sith never "appeared" in the EU, but is now brought into action by the movies? That way, we get a) new things, and b) the hardcore fans wouldn't see any EU characters be declared non-canon (like with Han Solo's kids). Not much of a problem if you ask me.

About the name, hmm, well where does "Kylo Ren" come from? They made it up, right? Maybe they just made Snoke up as well. Or it has a hidden meaning/connection we don't know yet. (?)

I guess it wouldn't be as much of a problem because it would be noncanon anyways just an inspiration really. When it comes to Kylo Ren on the other hand it means "Knights of Ren" Ren being more so a title of for the organization however mysterious it is.

01-22-2016 06:38 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi - What Will Happen? Gobee129 23 683 04-27-2017 09:42 PM
Last Post: Fulcrum
  Star Wars Rebels (2014 - ) Fulcrum 43 2,335 04-17-2017 10:00 PM
Last Post: Kurowara
  Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) Fulcrum 33 949 04-11-2017 09:15 PM
Last Post: Gobee129
  Star Wars - Darth Bane Vs Starkiller Fulcrum 0 43 03-24-2017 10:01 PM
  Star Wars - Pictures, Videos, Gifs, Memes Gobee129 61 5,294 03-21-2017 08:39 PM
  Star Wars - Knights Of Ren Discussion Fulcrum 0 63 02-24-2017 06:57 AM
  Star Wars - Favourite Duel Fulcrum 28 2,550 02-23-2017 08:56 PM
  Star Wars - Should Ahsoka Tano Appear In The Movies? Fulcrum 1 123 02-23-2017 03:22 PM
  Star Wars Anthology Series (2016 - ) Fulcrum 13 1,178 02-22-2017 05:40 PM
  Star Wars - Favourite Quotes Fulcrum 11 441 02-17-2017 11:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)