Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

Today's Chapters: Tokyo Ghoul:re

One Piece Most Overrated Characters
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:

"Kigarashi - Yellow Lion"

3,692,439,593฿

Achievements
Most Overrated Characters

Overrating and overestimating a character happens a lot, be it because one loves the character / or its Devil Fruit, or because one puts too much importance on rumors / what other characters say about the person, or simply because one is overly impressed by the latest showing of that character in the Manga/Anime.

Name one overrated / hyped / overestimated character, and explain why you feel he/she is overrated. Share your opinion about the true strength of that character. ;)

For most underrated characters, go here.

07-12-2014 12:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Psycho Zoro Offline
Threads:

"The God Of Orientation"

307,453,710฿

Achievements
RE: Most Overrated Characters

One Character that´s surely being overrated amongst OP fans is the protagonist: Luffy!

I mean as much as i love the guy, but when i hear people say that Luffy can take on admirals and even yonkos (wtf), a "Facepalm of Doom" is simply inevitable. Come on guys, i understand that he is the protagonist and all, but seriously? -.- Luffy is definitely overrated at times. Can he beat an average Shichibukai? Yes. Can he even beat close-to-admiral-level guys? Yes, if he really goes Rage-Mode, he probably can. But can he beat an Admiral? NEIN NEIN NEIN!! ...sorry ._.

Anyway, I could think of some more overrated characters, but Gobes said "name one" so... you´re the boss ._. Maybe later ^^

07-12-2014 01:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 6 users Like Psycho Zoro's post:
abhishah901 (10-29-2016), Anokata (02-29-2016), Bep07Law (07-12-2014), Gobee129 (07-12-2014), Lisaan (11-19-2015), Raziel07 (11-24-2015)
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:

3,692,439,593฿

Achievements

(07-12-2014 01:35 AM)Psycho Zoro Wrote:  One Character that´s surely being overrated amongst OP fans is the protagonist: Luffy!

I mean as much as i love the guy, but when i hear people say that Luffy can take on admirals and even yonkos (wtf), a "Facepalm of Doom" is simply inevitable. Come on guys, i understand that he is the protagonist and all, but seriously? -.- Luffy is definitely overrated at times. Can he beat an average Shichibukai? Yes. Can he even beat close-to-admiral-level guys? Yes, if he really goes Rage-Mode, he probably can. But can he beat an Admiral? NEIN NEIN NEIN!! ...sorry ._.

Anyway, I could think of some more overrated characters, but Gobes said "name one" so... you´re the boss ._. Maybe later ^^

Ahahaha great post. The Nein Nein Nein was perfect, did Nazi that coming XDD And finally someone who reads the rules Thumbs Up Yay. I wanted people to name 1 at a time, so we can get some discussions started.

I agree with you that Luffy cant beat an Admiral, and that he miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight be able to beat someone close to Admiral, but I dont feel like people overrate him so much in general. They say he can beat an Admiral or last long fighting him? I never got that feeling really. Surely a few fanboys here and there, but on a consistent basis?

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2014 03:02 AM by Gobee129.)
07-12-2014 02:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Bep07Law Offline
Vice Admirals
Supernova
Threads:

"Kurokuma - Black Bear"

1,111,639,330฿

Achievements

(07-12-2014 02:56 AM)Gobee129 Wrote:  
(07-12-2014 01:35 AM)Psycho Zoro Wrote:  One Character that´s surely being overrated amongst OP fans is the protagonist: Luffy!

Ahahaha great post. The Nein Nein Nein was perfect, did Nazi that coming XDD And finally someone who reads the rules Thumbs Up Yay. I wanted people to name 1 at a time, so we can get some discussions started.

I agree with you that Luffy cant beat an Admiral, and that he miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight be able to beat someone close to Admiral, but I dont feel like people overrate him so much in general. They say he can beat an Admiral or last long fighting him? I never got that feeling really. Surely a few fanboys here and there, but on a consistent basis?

You'd be surprised how many of those Luffy fanboys I've seen around really. Bringing down admirals, yonkos and this and that..I would have said Luffy as well hadn't Psycho been a bit faster than me xD

07-12-2014 03:17 AM
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:

3,692,439,593฿

Achievements

Enel is overrated as well. By some people, he is certainly underrated too, but in general he is more overrated than underrated. People always put him on Admiral_level, just because his DF is so strong. But a strong DF doesnt put u on Admiral Level, but people like to ignore that.

When I see 7 out o 24 people vote for an Enel win over Kizaru, who has an overpowered DF himself (!!!), then he is certainly overrated:

This poll shouldnt have 3 options, it should only have 1 option, and that is "Kizaru". Everything else is a joke.

Enel is not on Admiral Level, unless and only unless he has some really good Armament Haki, some really, really good Haki. People only consider his DF, which is a mistake. Some people underestimate him, cuz he wasnt able to defeat Luffy, but at the same time you could also say: Enel wasnt even able to defeat an unexperienced rubber man, how lame. The same people who overrate him always try to argue that his heat could be a great weapon, simply ignoring his heat couldnt even do anything against Luffy (a rubberman).

Everyone should meet halfway, and stop overrating or underrating him. In this forum, people dont overrate Enel as much as I have seen in other forums or on facebook posts, and I'm happy with that Thumbs Up

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2014 03:33 AM by Gobee129.)
07-12-2014 03:28 AM
The following 2 users Like Gobee129's post:
abhishah901 (10-29-2016), artixhu (05-20-2015)
wonkzninesix Offline
Threads:

"Valar Morghulis"

482,071,146฿

Achievements

as long as I like Boa to be influence character, but also she is overrated..

well of course he has Mera Mera no Mi, a devil fruit that give you the ability to make someone madly in love with you..and she can use Conqueror Haki too..

but is that make her strong? can she fight women with just Mera Mera no Mi (women love woman? no way!!)..the 3 Kuja fighter that been petrification by her, just because the don't want to defy the queen..
and her DF looks like only work for unrank soldier not those with brave heart and strong haki..

so I think Boa is overated, I'm really think that the other 2 sister (Marigold and Sandersonia) can fight better.. :P

07-12-2014 09:17 AM
CodeZero Offline
Vice Admirals
Threads:

"Murahebi - Violet Snake"

1,442,078,670฿

Achievements

For me, I think the most overrated character is Crocodile.

Everyone's just assuming that he's got Haki. Which, while understandable, is pretty disappointing. I've seen people trying to convince me (can't remember if it was on this forum), that Crocodile had all three types of Haki. I just couldn't help but laugh. If, in the hypothetical scenario, it's stated that Crocodile has Haki, then fine, but otherwise, don't kid yourself.

07-12-2014 09:50 AM
ArioBarzan Offline
Yonko
Threads:

"Yonko"

1,256,689,378฿

Achievements

(07-12-2014 03:28 AM)Gobee129 Wrote:  Enel is overrated as well. By some people, he is certainly underrated too, but in general he is more overrated than underrated. People always put him on Admiral_level, just because his DF is so strong. But a strong DF doesnt put u on Admiral Level, but people like to ignore that.

When I see 7 out o 24 people vote for an Enel win over Kizaru, who has an overpowered DF himself (!!!), then he is certainly overrated:

This poll shouldnt have 3 options, it should only have 1 option, and that is "Kizaru". Everything else is a joke.

Enel is not on Admiral Level, unless and only unless he has some really good Armament Haki, some really, really good Haki. People only consider his DF, which is a mistake. Some people underestimate him, cuz he wasnt able to defeat Luffy, but at the same time you could also say: Enel wasnt even able to defeat an unexperienced rubber man, how lame. The same people who overrate him always try to argue that his heat could be a great weapon, simply ignoring his heat couldnt even do anything against Luffy (a rubberman).

Everyone should meet halfway, and stop overrating or underrating him. In this forum, people dont overrate Enel as much as I have seen in other forums or on facebook posts, and I'm happy with that Thumbs Up

I disagree with some of your points. first off, Enel is on a really high Level But he cant beat people like kizaru as a result of his lack of haki so U R right about that, But I get the feeling from Ur post that U say that his DF wont make him stronger that much which is unacceptable. Look at what he did at skypea, that layed back and arrogant guy beat Zoro with only one attack and Zoro wasnt that much weaker than luff. The only reasons why He lost to luffy are:

1.Oda doesnt obey the rules of nature(or he might not know that it does not matter If U R Ruber or whatever that doesnt pas electricity, with a high enough voltage U will be toast or even get Ur molecules to deform)
2.Enel was introduced early in the story
3.That guy never even tried to fight luffy. the only time he did, it ended up with luffy falling off the ship with a huge ball of gold. He was trying to destroy the land and go to moon and till the end stupidly presisted on his arrogance and even took that golden Riffle attack.(He still never lost and went to moon anyways)

His DF is freaking strong and He is Really Good with it. Look at how he used it: He punched a huge hole in the ground from a far away distance, He used his devil fruit to melt the Gold and creat a staff for himself and He had so many different attcks+ he used it to enhance his obs haki. That Guy is so strong But got sacrificed.

(07-12-2014 09:17 AM)wonkzninesix Wrote:  as long as I like Boa to be influence character, but also she is overrated..

well of course he has Mera Mera no Mi, a devil fruit that give you the ability to make someone madly in love with you..and she can use Conqueror Haki too..

but is that make her strong? can she fight women with just Mera Mera no Mi (women love woman? no way!!)..the 3 Kuja fighter that been petrification by her, just because the don't want to defy the queen..
and her DF looks like only work for unrank soldier not those with brave heart and strong haki..

so I think Boa is overated, I'm really think that the other 2 sister (Marigold and Sandersonia) can fight better.. :P

First off, the women from her Island loved her aswell.
secondly, Her DF worked on Momonga so U cant really say that It only works on low ranked members.
thirdly, she has the con haki and Only the strong characters have that.

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2014 12:37 PM by ArioBarzan.)
07-12-2014 12:34 PM
The following 1 user Likes ArioBarzan's post:
Anokata (02-29-2016)
wonkzninesix Offline
Threads:

"Valar Morghulis"

482,071,146฿

Achievements

(07-12-2014 12:34 PM)ArioBarzan Wrote:  
(07-12-2014 09:17 AM)wonkzninesix Wrote:  as long as I like Boa to be influence character, but also she is overrated..

First off, the women from her Island loved her aswell.
secondly, Her DF worked on Momonga so U cant really say that It only works on low ranked members.
thirdly, she has the con haki and Only the strong characters have that.

worked on Momonga? no man, Momonga distract his heart so that he wouldn't fall to her.. :D

well I didn't say conqueror haki is something that can be deny..ofc it belong to them who has strong will, but Boa Hancock? I don't think she can use it very well like the others who have the con haki too..

07-12-2014 01:02 PM
KurohashiSanji Offline
Threads:

"Senior Pirate"

1,413,747,900฿

Achievements

Oh,here he comes,Sanji fanboy.Save it!

I´m here to talk about Sanji/Zoro.I don´t know which of them happens more often:Underrating Sanji or Overrating Zoro but in this thread.I will talk about overrated Zoro.In the thread Luffy vs Zoro,there are 25 votes and 9 of them say that Zoro is at least equal to Luffy which is crazy.In the thread Sanji vs Zoro,there are 28 votes ,22 for Zoro winning and 6 for a Draw -.- which I also find crazy.

Zoro is without a doubt overrated but after timeskip,that´s 100% on Oda who threw said strong enemies at Zoro (Hyouzou and Monet) and made Zoro defeat those small fries with 1 or 2 moves,what was he expecting?Of course people would go mad over Zoro.Zoro fanboys of course.

And Sanji is the opposite,just throw super strong enemies at him and make shit hard to him.What was Oda expecting?Of course people would put Zoro on a pedestal and Sanji in a hole

07-12-2014 01:16 PM
The following 2 users Like KurohashiSanji's post:
GOMU (05-18-2017), lucas648 (03-29-2016)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One Piece Strongest Female Characters In One Piece Shooter 115 20,942 06-11-2017 07:56 PM
Last Post: Fulcrum
  One Piece Top 10 Strongest One Piece Characters Kaiser 120 19,753 06-09-2017 08:49 PM
Last Post: Fulcrum
  One Piece Most Underrated Characters ArioBarzan 174 13,930 05-18-2017 07:09 PM
Last Post: Gobee129
  One Piece Physically Strongest Characters In One Piece Gobee129 37 950 04-27-2017 12:04 AM
Last Post: Lucifer
  One Piece Fastest Characters In One Piece Shooter 71 7,585 03-08-2017 03:03 AM
Last Post: Badre
  One Piece Characters Oda Hyped The Most Gobee129 29 982 11-16-2016 07:26 AM
Last Post: kuroashi
  One Piece Characters You Want To See Go All Out In Battle RaisedPhoenix 45 4,465 05-02-2016 12:10 AM
Last Post: Ape

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)