Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

Today's Chapters: One Punch Man

One Piece Monkey D. Luffy Destroying Fishman Island
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Kigarashi - Yellow Lion"

3,211,262,893฿

Achievements
Monkey D. Luffy Destroying Fishman Island

For those who forgot: Madam Shirley foresaw that one day Monkey D. Luffy will utterly destroy Fishman Island (from now on called FI).

In this thread, I will post the most common theories about how/why this will happen, and I will give a short evaluation. ;)

1.) Big Mom vs. Jinbe & Luffy
Spoiler :
We know that Jinbe has some unfinished business with BigMom, we know Jinbe wants to leave BigMom and join the Strawhat crew, and we know Luffy really pissed off BigMom
So after Jinbe finishes his business, he tells Mama his desire to leave (and join Luffy & Co). Big Mom gets angry, because Luffy is her enemy, or because nobody just leaves her crew like that. Thus she kills Jinbe and takes her anger out on the other fishmen and Fishman Island. Luffy once again saves FI, avenges Jinbe and in the fight destroys the whole island, because Luffy vs. Big Mom should be a really huge battle!
-> I like the drama, but this theory is unlikely!

2.) Luffy vs. the next Hody/Arlong
Spoiler :
This one is similar to the first theory, with the exception that this time Luffy doesn’t fight a yonko for taking revenge, but he fights yet another fishman who hates humans! Just like Arlong and Hody, another evil and crazy fishman appears, threatens everybody and Luffy comes and defeats him. The fight is so enormous the whole island gets destroyed.
-> Dont like it, also unlikely!

3.) Luffy doesn’t destroy it, he is just the trigger
Spoiler :
When Madam Shirley looked into her crystal ball, she saw FI in flames and Luffy standing in the background. So she saw him just standing there, she didn’t see him actually throwing punches, destroying houses or something! That’s why many think Madam Shirley only saw the one who is responsible (= Luffy), not the one who actually destroys FI. Luffy declared FI his territory, using his flag to protect it. Lets say in the future he pisses off another pirate/or even the world government (someone really powerful or influential), or simply another evil enemy appears who hates the Strawhats. To declare war against them, they would destroy Luffy's territory, Fishman Island.
-> This would be a catastrophe for the human/fishman-relationship. Very unlikely...

4.) “Project One Piece” and creation of the All Blue
Spoiler :
Destroying FI is not an accident/catastrophe, it's part of a plan! Destroying FI, along with the 10.000km long part of the Redline above FI and Mariejois, to combine both halfs of the Grand Line (New World + Paradise) is a famous theory about the meaning of "One Piece". Destroying the 2 spots where the Grand Line and the 4 Blues are seperated, Mariejois/FI & Reverse Mountain, to create one big sea: One Piece, and the All Blue where all 6 oceans flow together.
The common idea is that Luffy uses Pluton (the ancient battleship) to destroy FI and Shirahoshi uses Poseidon (herself, the ability to command the seakings) to carry all fishmen/merfolk with the ship Noah up to the surface. That is the one purpose Noah has been built for, the promise Joyboy gave the mermaid princess 800 years ago.
-> Nice theory, could happen.

5.) Luffy destroys Fishman Island on purpose, leading all fishmen and merfolk to an equal and peaceful life, side by side with the humans
Spoiler :
Really, really far from now, maybe close to the end of the manga, Luffy wants to lead all fishmen to the surface, “to the sun”. He has been fighting discrimination (mostly represented by the World Government) since the beginning, maybe he has changed the world by then, or at least changed the attitude of many humans, so that the time has come for fishmen and humans to life harmoniously together. He was able to break the resentment between humans & fishmen, so he wants them to rise, and fulfill their dream of living on the surface. But they hesitate, still doubting the human race (no big surprise after all that’s happened), so Luffy (in a kindhearted fury he often gets in, e.g. when he virtually shot the World Government flag to declare war just for Robin). So he is in his controlled fury-mode ;) and starts to destroy FI, all the houses etc (without hitting any fishmen), and now they have no other choice but to flee towards the sun, away from the rampaging luffy and up to the surface. So in the end luffy destroyed FI, but what he really did was leading the fishmen to an equal and better life among humans (by kind and well meant force).
-> My favorite idea, most plausible.

Well that’s it, hope you enjoyed it.
What do you think about these theories? :)

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2016 10:43 PM by Gobee129.)
01-02-2014 03:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 5 users Like Gobee129's post:
JarvinII (06-26-2014), kirankaran (01-21-2014), Teufel (03-22-2015), Wil D. Banana (01-22-2014), WizManAngry (03-18-2015)
Salamander Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"The Eternal Fire."

63,151,900฿

Achievements
RE: Monkey D. Luffy destroying Fishman Island

I think the first theory seems the most plausible. I favor that the most. One Piece has had only two important deaths, and that too in the same arc, WB and Ace. To shake things up a bit, we have Jinbei. The strongest merman ( till now atleast). A man extremely loyal to Luffy, and one who has promised to join Luffy in the future. This is the only scenario that can stop Jinbei from joining the Straw Hats. He doesn't fit with their usual members. His addition would overpower them, in such a way that they are unbeatable at sea, which I dont want to happen.
Jinbei's death will be the trigger to Luffy's wrath, and I think that is when we shall see the true potential of the Haoshoku as well. The destructive battle between Big Mom and Luffy will wreck the island, but will not destroy it. I think Madam Shirley's prophecy is a metaphorical one. I think was Luffy destrys isnt the island, but it bad mentality, and change the island from within, making them accept humans, and also keeping Merman Island free from the influence of Yonkou and pirates.

01-13-2014 02:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Lightning Flash Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Pirate"

116,264,250฿

Achievements

The first theory is plausible. Jinbei has not become one of Luffy's nakama and he did say that he would free FI from Big Mom. So if she attacked it, he would go and fight her.
As you have written, the second and third are highly unlikely. Even if there is a next Hody or Arlong, I don't think they would be strong enough to make such a fight to destroy FI.
The fourth is possible too. But it has a very less chance of happening. And so does the fifth.
I'll go with the first being the most possible for now.

01-16-2014 07:34 PM
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Kigarashi - Yellow Lion"

3,211,262,893฿

Achievements

(01-13-2014 02:42 PM)Salamander Wrote:  I think the first theory seems the most plausible. I favor that the most. One Piece has had only two important deaths, and that too in the same arc, WB and Ace. To shake things up a bit, we have Jinbei. The strongest merman ( till now atleast). A man extremely loyal to Luffy, and one who has promised to join Luffy in the future. This is the only scenario that can stop Jinbei from joining the Straw Hats. He doesn't fit with their usual members. His addition would overpower them, in such a way that they are unbeatable at sea, which I dont want to happen.

Jinbei's death will be the trigger to Luffy's wrath, and I think that is when we shall see the true potential of the Haoshoku as well. The destructive battle between Big Mom and Luffy will wreck the island, but will not destroy it. I think Madam Shirley's prophecy is a metaphorical one. I think was Luffy destrys isnt the island, but it bad mentality, and change the island from within, making them accept humans, and also keeping Merman Island free from the influence of Yonkou and pirates.

(01-16-2014 07:34 PM)Lightning Flash Wrote:  The first theory is plausible. Jinbei has not become one of Luffy's nakama and he did say that he would free FI from Big Mom. So if she attacked it, he would go and fight her.

As you have written, the second and third are highly unlikely. Even if there is a next Hody or Arlong, I don't think they would be strong enough to make such a fight to destroy FI.

The fourth is possible too. But it has a very less chance of happening. And so does the fifth.

I'll go with the first being the most possible for now.
I think the first theory is very unlikely, like I said in the original post. There is one reason for me the theory seems off: The Place -> Fishman Island

Luffy and his crew just came from Fishman Island, they wont be there again in like 300 chapters, unless someone teleports them again. And the idea, that they simply decide to head back to Fishman Island, is quite far-fetched. Oda wont bring back FI so fast. IF Luffy changes his course to hurry to Jinbe's rescue, then that rescue will be on a different and new island, like Oda did with Ace on Impel Down and then Marineford.

So the only way Luffy vs BigMom could actually happen on FIshman island, would be if the fight is in very, very, very, very far future^^ And I dont think that Jinbe's decision will take so much time, he will be joining, or attempting to join the Straw Hats within the next 2 arcs, else it'll take too long. And Luffy heading back to FI within the next 2 arcs is, like I explained, highly unlikely.

01-16-2014 10:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Salamander Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"The Eternal Fire."

63,151,900฿

Achievements

@Gobee129 who says it will be within the next two arcs? I feel this arc will end in Dressrosa, with the next arc dealing with Kaido. The arc after that possibly with Dragon. There is a long long time for Luffy to face Big Mom. Jinbei cant leave because Luffy isn't srong enough to fight a Yonkou, and then Big Mom's wrath would be on FI only. In order to safeguard the island, he will stay on.... until Luffy is powerful enough to take down Yonkou.

01-16-2014 10:59 PM
kirankaran Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Amateur Pirate"

3,486,100฿

(01-02-2014 03:18 AM)'Gobee129' Wrote:  For those who forgot: Madam Shirley foresaw that one day Monkey D. Luffy will utterly destroy Fishman Island (from now on called FI).

In this thread, I will post the most common theories about how/why this will happen, and I will give a short evaluation. ;)

1.) Big Mom vs. Jinbe & Luffy
We know that Jinbe has some unfinished business with BigMom, we know Jinbe wants to leave BigMom and join the Strawhatcrew, and we know Luffy really pissed off BigMom
So after Jinbe finishes his business, he tells Mama his desire to leave (and join Luffy & Co). Big Mom gets angry, because Luffy is her enemy, or because nobody just leaves her crew like that. Thus she kills Jinbe and takes her anger out on the other fishmen and Fishman Island. Luffy once again saves FI, avenges Jinbe and in the fight destroys the whole island, because Luffy vs. Big Mom should be a really huge battle!
-> I like the drama, but this theory is unlikely!

2.) Luffy vs. the next Hody/Arlong
This one is similar to the first theory, with the exception that this time Luffy doesn’t fight a yonko for taking revenge, but he fights yet another fishman who hates humans! Just like Arlong and Hody, another evil and crazy fishman appears, threatens everybody and Luffy comes and defeats him. The fight is so enormous the whole island gets destroyed.
-> Dont like it, also unlikely!

3.) Luffy doesn’t destroy it, he is just the trigger
When Madam Shirley looked into her crystal ball, she saw FI in flames and Luffy standing in the background. So she saw him just standing there, she didn’t see him actually throwing punches, destroying houses or something! That’s why many think Madam Shirley only saw the one who is responsible (= Luffy), not the one who actually destroys FI. Luffy declared FI his territory, using his flag to protect it. Lets say in the future he pisses off another pirate/or even the world government (someone really powerful or influential), or simply another evil enemy appears who hates the Strawhats. To declare war against them, they would destroy Luffy's territory, Fishman Island.
-> This would be a catastrophe for the human/fishman-relationship. Very unlikely...

4.) “Project One Piece” and creation of the All Blue
Destroying FI is not an accident/catastrophe, it's part of a plan! Destroying FI, along with the 10.000km long part of the Redline above FI and Mariejois, to combine both halfs of the Grand Line (New World + Paradies) is a famous theory about the meaning of "One Piece". Destryoing the 2 spots where the Grand Line and the 4 Blues are seperated, Mariejois/FI & Reverse Mountain, to create one big sea: One Piece, and the All Blue where all 6 oceans flow together.
The common idea is that Luffy uses Pluton (the ancient battleship) to destroy FI and Shirahoshi uses Poseidon (herself, the ability to command the seakings) to carry all fishmen/merfolk with the ship Noah up to the surface. That is the one purpose Noah has been built for, the promise Joyboy gave the mermaidprincess 800 years ago.
-> Nice theory, could happen.

5.) Luffy destroys Fishman Island on purpose, leading all fishmen and merfolk to an equal and peaceful life, side by side with the humans
Really, really far from now, maybe close to the end of the manga, Luffy wants to lead all fishmen to the surface, “to the sun”. He has been fighting discrimination (mostly represented by the World Government) since the beginning, maybe he has changed the world by then, or at least changed the attitude of many humans, so that the time has come for fishmen and humans to life harmoniously together. He was able to break the resentment between humans & fishmen, so he wants them to rise, and fulfill their dream of living on the surface. But they hesitate, still doubting the human race (no big surprise after all that’s happened), so Luffy (in a kindhearted fury he often gets in, e.g. when he virtually shot the World Government flag to declare war just for Robin). So he is in his controlled fury-mode ;) and starts to destroy FI, all the houses etc (without hitting any fishmen), and now they have no other choice but to flee towards the sun, away from the rampaging luffy and up to the surface. So in the end luffy destroyed FI, but what he really did was leading the fishmen to an equal and better life among humans (by kind and well meant force).
-> My favorite idea, most plausible.

Well that’s it, hope you enjoyed it.
What do you think about these theories? :)

Nice theory.I would go for 4th theory though becz i think it is most likely and plausible one.

01-21-2014 08:42 PM
Lucifer Online
Threads:
Crew:

"Sin of Pride"

574,907,423฿

Achievements

I would love to see theory 5 in action!!
The most epic one... In comparison to any other !!

01-23-2014 12:53 AM
Heavenly Yaksha Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Joker"

300,736,200฿

Achievements

I think it is the 4th one because it makes a lot of sense and that way Sanji's dream will come true!

01-23-2014 01:04 AM
BrOoK c: Offline
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:

"Kuro Ran"

442,047,090฿

Achievements

nice theory
i think the 4th.One piece project is the most interesting and possible one and if it happens it would be suuuuuper cool,looking forward to it

01-26-2014 05:17 PM
Jesus Offline
Instructors
World Nobles
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Fujipanda - Purple Panda"

9,611,600฿

Achievements

I really believe that this could be the 4 and 5 of your theories mixed together as Luffy will destroy the fishermen island in the end to make fishmen leave it. In the process the All Blue will appear.

Right now there are many theories circling where would the all blue even be. Many say it's in the Reverse Mountain that needs to be destroyed so all the fishes from all seas could mix and the it would appear.

In my opinion at this point is that it is under the Fishman Island.

Luffy will be the one to kick the ass of government protected royalties and free the repression and stop the slaving of Fishmen.
Luffy already has claimed the Fishman Island as his territory. So he will return to make it right. Discriminating is one thing Luffy and other Strawhats already have history with that. As Jimbe will be joining the crew in future it makes sence. I see this happening in the end. I think all of the crew needs to acomplish their sdreams in order for Luffy to find One Piece and become the Pirate King. I think Sanjis dream to find All Blue will obviously be a part of that.

So this is what I think. Really cool idead again Gobes.

Hang loose,
A.

01-28-2014 10:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One Piece Luffy And Dragon Will Fight Gobee129 40 7,699 10-15-2016 06:47 PM
Last Post: pandapugger22
  One Piece Luffy's Mother Is Gol D. Roger's Sister WizManAngry 41 7,832 07-16-2016 01:41 PM
Last Post: Ghost
  One Piece Law Gives Eternal Life To Luffy Crimsion 32 4,542 07-16-2016 01:21 PM
  One Piece Luffy & More People Cannot Die EddWarD.NewGate 7 793 07-16-2016 01:18 PM
  One Piece Doflamingo Will Become Luffy's Ally WizManAngry 18 2,738 07-14-2016 04:25 PM
Last Post: Kurowara
  One Piece Gold D. Roger is Luffy Ovoner 45 7,897 07-14-2016 06:32 AM
Last Post: CodeBreaker
  One Piece The Family Name Monkey jefforange04 11 1,304 07-14-2016 06:09 AM
Last Post: PranavToD
  One Piece Yonko Monkey D. Dragon Anonymous 11 1,970 07-14-2016 04:59 AM
Last Post: Kurowara
  One Piece Luffy And Dragon Have Shandorian Origins Kurowara 10 1,146 06-25-2016 06:24 AM
Last Post: merzy

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)