Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

Today's Chapters: Fairy Tail | Nanatsu no Taizai | Tower of God

One Piece Luffy And Dragon Will Fight
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Kigarashi - Yellow Lion"

3,204,266,593฿

Achievements
Luffy And Dragon Will Fight

Have you ever thought about the possibility that Monkey D. Luffy and his father, Monkey D. Dragon, will fight in the future? Luffy and Dragon are different, and that difference in attitude might lead to a disagreement between father & son? Let me show you what I mean:

At the moment, most fans believe: World Government = Evil, Revolutionary Army = Good.
But is it really that simple?

Sure, Luffy "hates" the World Government, but he is a good guy who would never harm any innocent people. How about the Revolutionaries?
We don't know anything about their actions! Maybe their approach and means are much more cruel and ruthless than we think. They conquer nations affiliated to the WG, which means they might even start a war / rebellion in those nations. War always affects and hurts the citizens and the innocent, and seeing how angry Luffy was at the rebellions in Alabasta, he might dislike what his father does!

And that's the key point: Luffy might not agree with Dragon's view and ways at all. If Dragon expects Luffy to help him or even join the Revos, Luffy might be very reluctant. We all know Luffy's indifference and disinterest towards political stuff, and that indifference might make Dragon very angry. Dragon: "You have to join my side Luffy, you can't just ignore what I tell you!" - And Luffy's response: ... Luffy Nose

It seems as if Dragon and Luffy are very different in their attitudes, and that is definitely a potential for friction and disagreement between father & son. Enough potential to actually make them fight, even if it's just for a short moment?

Luffy vs Dragon - Possible? Share your opinion ;)

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2016 02:45 AM by Gobee129.)
01-02-2014 05:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Salamander Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"The Eternal Fire."

63,151,900฿

Achievements
RE: Luffy and Dragon will fight

I do agree to this. I'e always thought Dragon would fight Luffy . Their philosophies are so different, and their goals are so far apart, that they would'nt exactly click. Dragon's revos do start a war in every country, and he may expect Luffy to side with him or join him. He is against monarchy, and if they wish to destroy Alabasta's monarchy or something, even if they are good, Luffy will set himself against Dragon. I think something will happen to set them apart, rather tan them being a father son duo.

01-06-2014 07:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes Salamander's post:
Gobee129 (01-09-2014)
Jesus Offline
Instructors
World Nobles
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Fujipanda - Purple Panda"

9,611,600฿

Achievements

Well One Piece is one wacky world of different angles. To see anything in black and white in your life is pretty much impossible and same goes with One Piece world. Mainly it's cray and to some special, special boys and girls its unicorns and rainbows.

Anywho, so we have:
  • Marines - the Navy - Good guys, right?
  • Pirates - Although many of our protagonist are pirates, still mainly we can call pirates killers, thieves, cheaters, rapist etc - Badguys
  • World Government - Well this is one of the gray blurry areas, cause we really do not know that much. But we know there is a punch of oldies who probably are monsters in power.
  • Revolutionary Army - Good guys or so it seems - not too sure aswell.

All comes down to point of view. We all know that Doflamingo is bad and has influenced many navy officers. Also he is royalty. The Royal Family is offlimits to everyone but does unthinkable horrors and gets away with it - no questions asked. Why? Cause they are protected by the Government. Marines are regulated by the World Government, so the chain of power tells the good guys how it is.

Now that said we can clearly see, that there is no pure Black/White, Good/Evil standpoint. There is individuality and ambition.

So, what is the individual ambition of Revolutionary Army and what are they planing. They fight the Man, fight the Power. Still they are not a punch of hippies in Woodstock. They have manpower and big names.

Finally we get to the man of the hour Dragon - yes yes, Luffy is there too but we all know what he wants EAT, SLEEP, BECOME PIRATE KING, REPEAT. So, Dragon: Leader of Revolutionary Army, Luffys Father (Says in Darth Vaders voice) and one of the most hunted, feared, nutorious man on planet. There have been some hints that Dragon may be one of the most powerful characters in the entire One Piece series, since the World Government has dubbed him as the "World's Most Wanted Man".
What are his plans? What does he and the Revolutionary Army have in store for the One Piece World? - Jet to be seen

Lets say he wants to bring World Government down and has a specific plan for it. He needs Luffys help. Maybe thats why he helped Luffy in Loguetown, to see him get stronger and help him in future.

But still seeing how master Oda writes his story there is little chance of this happening but if there is something that is really against Luffy's princibles or stops his ambition of becoming a Pirate King. This could be a potentsial fight starter.

In conclusion, we do not know why they were seperated with Luffy. So we do not know the background. Luffy says his name out pretty easily, but whats the story there? Luffy and Dragon could fight, if Dragon's plans (maybe a mass destruction for greater good) or standing in Luffy's way and blocmking his dream to become a Pirate King! People can think, now Sabo (maybe) is in the picture etc etc Revolutionary army must be good. We have yet to see if it is Sabo and how has his character developed in many years. :3

Also, I atone people to think outside of box and see that there is not only good and evil and try to consider individual aspects as well.

PS: YES, I will try to write all my post this freaking long in thoery threads so people can see my chain of thought and maybe be inspired or able to make mistakes in it.

Hang loose,
A.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 09:48 PM by Jesus.)
01-06-2014 09:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

3,204,266,593฿

Achievements

(01-06-2014 07:48 PM)Salamander Wrote:  I do agree to this. I'e always thought Dragon would fight Luffy . Their philosophies are so different, and their goals are so far apart, that they would'nt exactly click. Dragon's revos do start a war in every country, and he may expect Luffy to side with him or join him. He is against monarchy, and if they wish to destroy Alabasta's monarchy or something, even if they are good, Luffy will set himself against Dragon. I think something will happen to set them apart, rather tan them being a father son duo.
That is quite a nice idea! The Nefeltari fmaily belongs to the 20 kings who formed the WG 800 years ago, and was the only family not to move to Mariejois, but to stay on their own island/country. Even tho they are "good" and stayed on their own country, they might still be "World Nobles" in the eyes of the Revos, and Dragon could traget them, inciting Luffy's anger, triggering a collision between father and son.

@Jesus, I'm not quite sure if you point your appeal "to think outside the box" towards me, but rest assured that I do think outside the box, else I wouldnt have started this thread^^

About Good & Evil in One Piece, I would say u can find both in every party:

Good Marines: Coby, Smoker, right sense of justice, loyal, humane - Evil Marines: Akainu, Nezumi, Narisugi, (Vergo), absolut justice, inhumane, corrupt
Good Pirates: Straw Hats, Red Hairs, Whitebeards, protecting innocent, helpful, comradery - Evil Pirates: Kids, Caribous, Arlongs, killing, spreading terror, lust for power
Good WG: A little difficult, but they try to build a stable and save world, fighting against Pirates, nothing bad with that - Evil WG: World Nobles, discrimination, racism
Good Revos: Ivankov, immediately helping Luffy, even risking his life multiple times and going against the storngest opponents (Magellan, Akainu), he is a true nakama, Kuma (protecting the Straw Hats and Sunny), their overall idea of fighting against racism is honorable - Evil Revos: Tough to say yet, but like I suggested, they may have a few merciless tendencies, starting war in countries, affecting civilians

You mentioned a nice fact, jesus: "He needs Luffys help. Maybe thats why he helped Luffy in Loguetown, to see him get stronger and help him in future." This was mentioned a few times by fans, they believe Dragon is the trigger of the final arc, the huge war that will come, and he plans on using Luffy, or in a nicer way: Winning him for his side.

I dont really believe that they will be true enemies, but I do hope for some friction between them. Drama we had when Luffy and Usopp fought.

01-09-2014 05:11 PM
The following 1 user Likes Gobee129's post:
Katrina (09-04-2014)
Jesus Offline
Instructors
World Nobles
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Fujipanda - Purple Panda"

9,611,600฿

Achievements

Nah man, never questioned your thinking ability individually. It was like for everyone, that we can't take (specialy) nowadays in good and evil stand points. We need to examin every characters standpoint and curse of action. Also the influentces and backstories.

Thats all I ment by that...

Hang loose,
A.

01-09-2014 08:48 PM
Lucifer Online
Threads:
Crew:

"Sin of Pride"

574,807,423฿

Achievements

There's quite strong probability that this might happen!!
they are gonna have an epic fight!!

01-16-2014 03:16 PM
Lightning Flash Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Pirate"

116,264,250฿

Achievements

This is quite possible.On normal circumstances, I would say that they would not fight as Dragon is against the WG and Luffy too will be hounded by them so they share a common enemy. But as Dragon is leading revolts against the Kings, if he does go against Vivi or any other person of importance who Luffy has befriended, they would be on the opposites sides of the battle.

01-16-2014 07:25 PM
CodeZero Offline
Vice Admirals
World Nobles
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Murahebi - Violet Snake"

1,397,087,870฿

Achievements

I think that it's definitely possible that something like a fight between the Father and Son will occur. And quite frankly, I want to see it happen. I'd like to see the dynamic between them when they meet, and whether or not they'll be able to properly click with one another, or at the very least see from one another's perspective (and then probably disagree, and then fight Thumbs Up ). It'd be very interesting to see how serious they fight, if they do indeed have to fight one another.

07-02-2014 05:21 AM
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

3,204,266,593฿

Achievements

Oda would waste such a huge opportunity if this fight didnt happen. I'm sure it will happen one way or another, be it serious or just for friendly test purposes.

07-11-2014 03:54 AM
CodeZero Offline
Vice Admirals
World Nobles
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Murahebi - Violet Snake"

1,397,087,870฿

Achievements

(07-11-2014 03:54 AM)Gobee129 Wrote:  Oda would waste such a huge opportunity if this fight didnt happen. I'm sure it will happen one way or another, be it serious or just for friendly test purposes.

But in either case I can definitely see Luffy going full force, which will be interesting to see Thumbs Up

07-11-2014 07:38 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One Piece Dragon Will Fight Akainu Anton D Jibreel 13 472 09-13-2016 03:44 PM
Last Post: pandapugger22
  One Piece Dragon Was A CP-0 Agent (Cipher Pol) GOMU 31 2,289 08-20-2016 10:38 PM
Last Post: pandapugger22
  One Piece Dragon's Tattoo - Revolutionary Army Connection To Belarus blackmarket 12 1,083 07-16-2016 07:30 PM
Last Post: Ouki
  One Piece Luffy's Mother Is Gol D. Roger's Sister WizManAngry 41 7,819 07-16-2016 01:41 PM
Last Post: Ghost
  One Piece Law Gives Eternal Life To Luffy Crimsion 32 4,540 07-16-2016 01:21 PM
  One Piece Luffy & More People Cannot Die EddWarD.NewGate 7 792 07-16-2016 01:18 PM
  One Piece Garp And Akainu Will Fight Ouki 26 2,540 07-14-2016 11:09 PM
  One Piece Monkey D. Luffy Destroying Fishman Island Gobee129 30 6,779 07-14-2016 10:53 PM
  One Piece Doflamingo Will Become Luffy's Ally WizManAngry 18 2,734 07-14-2016 04:25 PM
Last Post: Kurowara
  One Piece Gold D. Roger is Luffy Ovoner 45 7,876 07-14-2016 06:32 AM
Last Post: CodeBreaker

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)