Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

Today's Chapters: One Punch Man

Poll: What do you think is covered in the fog?
Sea monster / Mythical creature
Island
Ship
Ancient weapon
Something else
Show Results
One Piece Florian Triangle - Mystery
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Kigarashi - Yellow Lion"

3,211,262,893฿

Achievements
Florian Triangle - Mystery

The Florian Triangle is a mysterious sea located between Water7 and Fishman Island.

According to old lady Kokoro, many pirate and commercial ships mysteriously go missing every year and sometimes a ship will be found sailing without any people aboard.

We know that Gekko Moriah was causing some of the disappearances with his Thriller Bark, but he is not the main reason. It was said in the manga, that ships disappeared long before Moriah arrived! Look at this:

So what is this thing we see in the manga covered by mist? A sea monster? A mythical creature? An island?
Post your ideas ;)

01-02-2014 03:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Somutokeri Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"THE AWESOME CHICKEN"

18,777,800฿

Achievements
RE: Florian Triangle - Mystery

At first I thought it's something natural, like a tornado or something like that. But that sounds pretty lame, and One Piece probably wouldn't use something like that. I think a sea monster would be super cool, but I can't say for sure. There's not really any evidence.

01-14-2014 04:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes Somutokeri's post:
Kaiser (01-15-2014)
Kaiser Offline
World Nobles
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:

"One Man With One Heart"

485,884,720฿

Achievements

(01-14-2014 04:08 PM)Chickenkeri Wrote:  At first I thought it's something natural, like a tornado or something like that. But that sounds pretty lame, and One Piece probably wouldn't use something like that. I think a sea monster would be super cool, but I can't say for sure. There's not really any evidence.
Sea monster or mythical creature sound very cool indeed and I hope we get to see it if it's really the reason. But I can also imagine that the missing ships are caused by some phenomenons like they appear in the new world.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2014 11:39 AM by Kaiser.)
01-15-2014 11:38 AM
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

3,211,262,893฿

Achievements

(01-15-2014 11:38 AM)Kaiser Wrote:  
(01-14-2014 04:08 PM)Chickenkeri Wrote:  At first I thought it's something natural, like a tornado or something like that. But that sounds pretty lame, and One Piece probably wouldn't use something like that. I think a sea monster would be super cool, but I can't say for sure. There's not really any evidence.
Sea monster or mythical creature sound very cool indeed and I hope we get to see it if it's really the reason. But I can also imagine that the missing ships are caused by some phenomenons like they appear in the new world.
If it were simply a phenomenon, then the Manga wouldnt have said: "It's lucky the mist is hiding the true face of the sea". The way this was built up, suggests it's something very, very special.

01-15-2014 02:19 PM
Kaiser Offline
World Nobles
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:

"One Man With One Heart"

485,884,720฿

Achievements

(01-15-2014 02:19 PM)Gobee129 Wrote:  
(01-15-2014 11:38 AM)Kaiser Wrote:  
If it were simply a phenomenon, then the Manga wouldnt have said: "It's lucky the mist is hiding the true face of the sea". The way this was built up, suggests it's something very, very special.
So then it's probably some creature. It could be a sea monster/mythical animal or there is another person/pirate (with crew) causing the missing of so many ships.

01-15-2014 03:04 PM
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

3,211,262,893฿

Achievements

The first thing that came to my mind when I read the Manga the first time, was that it's the HQ of the Revolutionaries. But we know that Baltigo is the HQ, altho we dont know where Baltigo exactly is^^

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2014 03:09 PM by Gobee129.)
01-15-2014 03:09 PM
Ultimatespoon Away
Instructors
World Nobles
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Aoryu - Blue Dragon"

155,674,730฿

Achievements

(01-15-2014 03:09 PM)Gobee129 Wrote:  The first thing that came to my mind when I read the Manga the first time, was that it's the HQ of the Revolutionaries. But we know that Baltigo is the HQ, altho we dont know where Baltigo exactly is^^
That we do not :b but it is a pretty flat place from what we have seen and being as windy as it is infamous for, I dunno about that much fog lingering :b

I had always assumed it was called the Florian Triangle because the phenomenon in that part of the sea was a perfect triangle, like the Bermuda triangle in real life that it is named after. But I don't know if we ever saw that? I can't really remember, but having a quick glance right now I could not see it on a map of the Grand Line in a triangle shape.
And there are three tower like things, the middle one is closest, the right is second closest and the left one is the farthest away, just thought it could be possible that if they are in a fixed triangle shape together that, that could be the reason for the name of the sea :b Or something like that, maybe I am still delirious from being ill xD
But if the structures were the cause of the disappearances (which we pretty much know, thanks to the commentator mentioning the disappearances as they appear on page) and are in a constant triangle shape, I figured they could be the cause of the name, and not the shape of the area :b Just a weird thought ^_^

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2014 04:06 PM by Ultimatespoon.)
01-15-2014 03:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Heavenly Yaksha Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Joker"

300,736,200฿

Achievements

ALIENS

01-20-2014 08:53 PM
Wil D. Banana Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Advanced Pirate"

104,026,860฿

Achievements

I dont know why but I think this has something to do with bege's disappearance. :)

01-28-2014 10:57 AM
Yellow Flash Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"The Flash"

222,380,857฿

Achievements

I think it's maybe a route to the other world like Rainbow Mist.

02-14-2014 11:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)