Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

Today's Chapters: Tokyo Ghoul:re

Poll: What was the best saga so far?
East Blue
Alabasta
Sky Island
Water 7
Thriller Bark
War
Fishman Island
Punk Hazard
Dressrosa
Show Results
One Piece Favorite Story Saga & Arc
Gobee129 Online
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Kigarashi - Yellow Lion"

3,197,770,393฿

Achievements
Favorite Story Saga & Arc

One Piece has given us 8 diversified and fascinating sagas so far:

East Blue - Romance Dawn, Orange Town, Syrup Village, Baratie, Arlong Park, Loguetown
Alabasta - Reverse Mountain, Whiskey Peak, Little Garden, Drum Island, Alabasta
Sky Island - Jaya, Skypiea
Water 7 - Long Ring Long Land, Water 7, Enies Lobby, Post-Enies Lobby
Thriller Bark - Florian Triangle, Thriller Bark
War - Sabaody Archipelago, Amazon Lily, Impel Down, Marineford, Post-War
Fishman Island - Return to Sabaody, Fishman Island
New World - Punk Hazard, Dressrosa

Tell us your favorite story saga of One Piece and why?

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2016 01:10 PM by Gobee129.)
01-02-2014 03:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes Gobee129's post:
Zoksa (10-16-2015)
Usopp Offline
Instructors
World Nobles
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Akawani - Red Crocodile"

183,970,300฿

Achievements
RE: Favorite Story Arc

East blue.

I absolutely love Arlong and the story with those arcs was amazing aswell, really enjoyed all of it and ultimately thats what got me hooked to OP ;)

01-02-2014 03:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Luffuzaki Offline
Threads:
Crew:
Warriors 

"Status: Broke ._."

558,872,277฿

Achievements

War and Water 7!

Water 7 is a bit better than war imo because it got everything, the fights, the feels, funny moments, and many more.

01-02-2014 01:16 PM
Kaiser Offline
World Nobles
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:

"One Man With One Heart"

485,341,420฿

Achievements

I'd say War

01-04-2014 02:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Gobee129 Online
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Kigarashi - Yellow Lion"

3,197,770,393฿

Achievements

For me it's without a doubt the War arc. I mean Marineford alone would be awesome, but Impel Down is my favorite story part of the entire Manga/Anime. And then also Amazon Lily and Sabaody? The War arc is just so good, it's really amazing. The characters we finally meet (Kizaru, Rayleigh, Hancock, Kid, Law, The other Supernovas, Jinbe, Magellan, Akainu, this list just goes on and on and on...)! Best arc of any Anime I have ever seen. Feel like watching it again now xD

And I also voted for Thriller Bark. The arc is not really important storywise, but I love the atmosphere, the idea of "Thriller bark", a ship with a factory like system & functionality, and it contains so many funny scenes (Zoro vs Negative Hollows, Luffy vs Cerberus, Luffy vs Zombie, Usopp/Chopper/Nami vs. Zombies, Intro of Brook, ...) I laughed so much.^^ And the way Brook was introduced, a Skeleton, with many secrets, on such an amazing "island"/ship -> best crewmember intro so far. Thriller Bark is the arc I've seen 2nd most often.

And for the future I wanna nominate Dressrosa. The arc in the manga started slowly, kinda boring, but with all the bigshots and fights now, it has the potential to become the 2nd best arc in OP so far! :)

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 12:35 AM by Gobee129.)
01-09-2014 12:33 AM
Jesus Offline
Instructors
World Nobles
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Fujipanda - Purple Panda"

9,611,600฿

Achievements

First of all, I love the adventure aspect of the anime the most. For me it was Sky Island Arc. The build-up to the unknown. Loved the moment they escaped from Blackbeard to the moment when they left and fell into the Marine stronghold. Oh, yeah Blackbeard Pirates had a fucking cool ship back then, hahaha!

Skypiea, yeah. Again, I really liked the unknown of the story.The Strawhats going by the story and actually making it to the lift-up to the sky islands. The Lightning killing people. The repression of the locals.

As I do not really care for Enel that much as I'm more into the whole Arc. Enel's power is cool and the loose, chill persona he is. Like being bit tierd of everyone but still very nartcistic and selfish. I dug the priest as well.

The whole Sky Island was pretty and the different aspects of Island scenery looked cool as animation. Also the history part was great!

Also Water 7 was cool as well. I always like the Arc's that give away hidden info that you can puzzle fit and put together later on.

Hang loose,

A.

(01-04-2014 02:02 AM)Kaiser Wrote:  I'd say War

Why, what did you like about it the most? Fights? Anything specific?
(01-09-2014 12:33 AM)Gobee129 Wrote:  And I also voted for Thriller Bark. The arc is not really important storywise, but I love the atmosphere, the idea of "Thriller bark", a ship with a factory like system & functionality, and it contains so many funny scenes (Zoro vs Negative Hollows, Luffy vs Cerberus, Luffy vs Zombie, Usopp/Chopper/Nami vs. Zombies, Intro of Brook, ...) I laughed so much.^^ And the way Brook was introduced, a Skeleton, with many secrets, on such an amazing "island"/ship -> best crewmember intro so far. Thriller Bark is the arc I've seen 2nd most often.

I liked that too... But I disagree on the importance place. This was the start of the downfall of Moria ( people keep counting his importance out :D). Also, we really saw what Zoro was made of. We saw Kuma and his powers.
Also, Thriller Park ( As I heard Odas is a big MJ fan), was actually the best way to describe One PIece and the adventures of Luffy and his crew - Always ready to fight, always funny and retarded, get over obsticles and teach us meaning of bonds and fellowship.

At least, thats how I see it :D

Hang loose,
A.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 01:02 AM by Jesus.)
01-09-2014 12:54 AM
The following 3 users Like Jesus's post:
ArioBarzan (01-28-2014), Gobee129 (01-09-2014), Santoryu Demon (05-01-2014)
Kaiser Offline
World Nobles
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:

"One Man With One Heart"

485,341,420฿

Achievements

(01-09-2014 12:54 AM)Jesus Wrote:  First of all, I love the adventure aspect of the anime the most. For me it was Sky Island Arc. The build-up to the unknown. Loved the moment they escaped from Blackbeard to the moment when they left and fell into the Marine stronghold. Oh, yeah Blackbeard Pirates had a fucking cool ship back then, hahaha!

Skypiea, yeah. Again, I really liked the unknown of the story.The Strawhats going by the story and actually making it to the lift-up to the sky islands. The Lightning killing people. The repression of the locals.

As I do not really care for Enel that much as I'm more into the whole Arc. Enel's power is cool and the loose, chill persona he is. Like being bit tierd of everyone but still very nartcistic and selfish. I dug the priest as well.

The whole Sky Island was pretty and the different aspects of Island scenery looked cool as animation. Also the history part was great!

Also Water 7 was cool as well. I always like the Arc's that give away hidden info that you can puzzle fit and put together later on.

Hang loose,

A.

(01-04-2014 02:02 AM)Kaiser Wrote:  I'd say War

Why, what did you like about it the most? Fights? Anything specific?

(01-09-2014 12:33 AM)Gobee129 Wrote:  And I also voted for Thriller Bark. The arc is not really important storywise, but I love the atmosphere, the idea of "Thriller bark", a ship with a factory like system & functionality, and it contains so many funny scenes (Zoro vs Negative Hollows, Luffy vs Cerberus, Luffy vs Zombie, Usopp/Chopper/Nami vs. Zombies, Intro of Brook, ...) I laughed so much.^^ And the way Brook was introduced, a Skeleton, with many secrets, on such an amazing "island"/ship -> best crewmember intro so far. Thriller Bark is the arc I've seen 2nd most often.

I liked that too... But I disagree on the importance place. This was the start of the downfall of Moria ( people keep counting his importance out :D). Also, we really saw what Zoro was made of. We saw Kuma and his powers.

Also, Thriller Park ( As I heard Odas is a big MJ fan), was actually the best way to describe One PIece and the adventures of Luffy and his crew - Always ready to fight, always funny and retarded, get over obsticles and teach us meaning of bonds and fellowship.

At least, thats how I see it :D

Hang loose,

A.
As for the War Arc, the fights were really impressive, you didn't only see Luffy fighting as usual but all the others. And the others are much stronger than Luffy. We finally saw the powers of many people like Whitebeard, Sengoku, Akainu, Mihawk etc.
The War Arc also was very important for the story: With Whitebeard's death, his era ended. The new era could start. With Ace's death, Luffy & the others got stronger. And now they're finally in the New World.

01-09-2014 04:04 PM
Salamander Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"The Eternal Fire."

63,151,900฿

Achievements

The War was definitely the best. That entire arc, after Sabaondy Archipelago, just kept getting better and better. Him meeting Boa, the Impel Down part, and finally the war of the best. Superb arc, with a lot of action, and especially a huge reality check for our hero. It made us as readers realize how weak Luffy actually was compared to the other fighters, and how awesome the New World would be. It also launched a whole lot of new powers, new techniques, and also great new DFs. Truly the best arc, although Dressrosa and Water 7 arc aren't that far behind.

01-15-2014 06:13 PM
Lightning Flash Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Pirate"

116,264,250฿

Achievements

The War was the best arc for me. The fights were brilliant,the feels,the proper introduction of Haki,seeing completely OP characters, WB just destroying the marines, Shanks' badass moment and so on. The entire arc was just something that I loved.
The next best would definitely be the Water 7 arc fir me. Another brilliant arc with great fights.

01-15-2014 07:46 PM
daniel205 Away
Threads:
Crew:

"1000000"

200,145,360฿

Achievements

the war was the best....

01-15-2014 09:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One Piece Favourite Cover Story Santoryu Demon 27 1,656 11-25-2016 08:56 AM
Last Post: CielPhantomhive

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)