Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

Poll: Will Shanks Appear During The Elbaf Arc?
Yes
No
Show Results
One Piece Elbaf Is Under Shanks' Protection
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:

"Kigarashi - Yellow Lion"

3,639,118,093฿

Achievements
Elbaf Is Under Shanks' Protection

I already raised the question before whether or not Shanks rules / protects any islands like we know all the other past & current Yonko do. With the latest Elbaf boom, I found an interesting theory with both solid and debatable points, which I edited a bit and would like to share now. (Credits to whoever came up with the main points of this theory first.)

1.) New World Yonko Territories

Spoiler :
Most of the New World islands we've seen so far were either directly or indirectly linked to a Yonko (Fishmen Island, Punk Hazard, Dressrosa, Totto Land, and Wano soon), so chances are there Elbaf is under the protection or at least linked to a Yonko as well.

2.) Shanks' Viking Theme & Inspiration

Spoiler :
Shanks' Jolly Roger is inspired by "Calico” Rackam Jack, a famous real life pirate:

See this thread: Shanks & Calico Jack

That's one part of Shanks' inspiration. The rest is connected to the Vikings. Shanks epithet is “Red Haired Shanks” -> Shanks is inspired from Erik the Red, a Norwegian Viking.

The “classic” ship of the Vikings is called a Drekar. The bow with a shape of dragon. It’s basically what Shanks possesses too: His Red Force. (See picture above the spoiler.) Also, look at the ship and the flag of the original Giant Warrior Pirates:

It's again similar to Shanks' ship & Jolly Roger. Lastly, Shanks may also be inspired from the god Týr, associated with law and heroïc glory in Norse Mythology. Tyr is a one-armed character who sacrificied his arm to the monstruous Wolf Fenrir:

Remember the Sea King and Shanks' sacrifice to the New Era?

Now we're leaving the sea of solid pointers and enter the sea of debatable hints & foreshadows from Oda.

Hints & Foreshadows that link Shanks with Giants in One Piece

3.) Hajrudin

Spoiler :
Hajrudin's attack is called "Gungnir". In Norse mythology, Gungnir is the spear of the god Odin, chief of the Norse Pantheon. We know Hajrudin is from Elbaf. Just like we know now (Chapter 858) that the prince of Elbaf is called Loki. Loki shares his name with the Norse god Loki, son of Odin. (Aside from being a god, Loki was also said to be a Jötunn, which are a race of giants.)

On Dressrosa, at one point during the long battle, Hajrudin had a broken mask which left him with only one mask part above his left eye, and that mask part had 3 slits. (See picture above the spoiler.) Just like Shanks also has 3 slits (his scar) above his left eye. Furthermore, both Shanks & Hajrudin have a goatee beard. If especially the mask thing was a hint/foreshadow from Oda, it was as genius as it was hidden.

4.) Usopp & Yasopp

Spoiler :
Yasopp is one of the top fighters of Shanks, he’s a trusted man in the crew. His son, Usopp, has been connected with Elbaf giants multiple times, lastly on Dressrosa:

As I said many times before, I believe @Shooter was right when he predicted a special arc for every Straw Hat. We know for a fact that the Whole Cake Island arc is for Sanji, to quote Oda "the year of Sanji". Zoro most likely will have Wano and Usopp obviously Elbaf. And just like Sanji met his father on Whole Cake Island, it's possible Usopp will meet his father, Yasopp the Red Hair Pirate, on Elbaf.

5.) Buggy & Hajrudin

Spoiler :
We also know that Hajrudin worked for Buggy until he joined Luffy's Grand Fleet:

Shanks & Buggy share a well-known and long history. So it's possible, besides Usopp & Yasopp, that Buggy will also be involved in the Elbaf arc with Shanks.

6.) Oda announced the "4 Yonko Saga"

Spoiler :
According to Oda, we're currently in the “4 Yonko Saga” since the WCI arc started. That means it’s really likely to have an arc for each Yonko. Big Mom now, Kaido next with Wano, BB probably last as he is one of the main antagonists of the entire series, plus he'll probably be the one to kill Shanks. And we know Elbaf will appear for sure, the Straw Hats will travel there 100%. Shanks Crew appearing in Elbaf could be a good solution.

There are some points that speak against this, but I'll get to them in the discussion with you guys. Whatever the case, I find this very, very interesting.

So what do you think, is Shanks the protector of Elbaf? Or at least linked to Elbaf?
Will he appear during the Elbaf arc?

Let me know what you think. :)

Shanks' Inspiration: Calico Jack
Shanks' Inspiration: King Richard 'Lion Heart'

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2017 11:59 PM by Gobee129.)
03-10-2017 11:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Silver Offline
Threads:

"Look like Thor, am Balder"

526,621,446฿

Achievements
RE: Elbaf Is Under Shanks' Protection

I think you're on to something with the red haired pirates being linked to the Giants in some way. Perhaps some kind of alliance or similar, I doubt that Shanks and the gang are "protecting" or classifying Elbaf as their territory.

If I remember correctly the Giants Pirate crew was outlawed from Elbaf, for being pirates. (That's at least what I remember Broggy explaining, my memory might be failing me here so do not quote me on this) If this is true then I find it hard to believe that Elbaf would just casually ally themselves with another pirate crew.

We also recently found out that the Giants are among the strongest clans out there, with their home in the new world and being immensely feared like we've seen throughout the series, I doubt that they would need "protection" from someone. However I could see them allying themselves with a strong second party like The Red Haired Pirates in order to fight a third party, like Big Momo, or Kaido.

03-11-2017 12:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
CloseQuarter Offline
Revolutionaries
Threads:

"Dark Magician "

56,069,370฿

Achievements

Quote:
(03-10-2017 11:47 PM)Gobee129 Wrote:  I already raised the question before whether or not Shanks rules / protects any islands like we know all the other past & current Yonko do. With the latest Elbaf boom, I found an interesting theory with both solid and debatable points, which I edited a bit and would like to share now. (Credits to whoever came up with the main points of this theory first.)

You know, after the latest Chap, It did cross my mind, I told myself what are the chances of Shanks being the Yonko who is protecting or staying on Elbaf. I also wondered if that were the case, seeing how Shanks is, he likely took Elbaf under his arm to protect it from the the likes of BIG MAMA and mostly Kaido.

It does make sense also that Shanks would be next after wano arc since a BB yonko arc would be rather too soon for Luffy and BB to meet, it would be best if Shanks was after. IDK under what circumtances would Luffy and Shanks meet but I can't wait.

Overall good points and a very interesting theory, reason why I voted Yes so Thumbs Up

03-11-2017 01:41 AM
Kurowara Offline
Yonko
Threads:

"The GodFodder"

582,353,100฿

Achievements

Given all the hype they're being given, I'd be disappointed if the Giants were under the protection of a Yonko. Friends ? Why not. I believe that most Giants share Shank's personality.

A story of the fodders, by the fodders, for the fodders

03-11-2017 02:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Saving Ace Offline
Yonko
Threads:

"Yonko"

628,437,390฿

Achievements

I've thought for a while now that if Elbaf is affiliated with a Yonko, it will be Shanks. It's possible that he's friends with them but I don't think they would allow him to rule over them.

03-11-2017 08:13 AM
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:

3,639,118,093฿

Achievements

I'm of similar opinion:

Yes, Shanks' obvious viking influence definitely justifies some connection to Elbaf, so I'm sure we'll see him there. Also the many smaller links with Buggy and Yasopp and Hajrudin, it all fits quite well imo.

But No, Elbaf doesn't really need protection if what Big Mom says is true, does it? At first I would say no but the more I think about it, there more I think Elbaf does need protection, in a way. Elbaf alone cannot be stronger than a Yonko empire, right? So if any Yonko wanted, they could conquer Elbaf, with many difficulties, I assume. And with the giants' reputation as strong warriors who love to battle, I can easily picture all "evil" Yonko trying to make them their underlings, so attempts to take control of Elbaf should be frequent. To stop that, the "protection" or rather help from an alliance with a good Yonko (Shanks) could end that. And Shanks also wouldn't use the giants' power to bring battle to any of his co-Yonko, he doesn't care about beating them.

So ja, I can see Elbaf under the protection of Shanks after all. It's not protection from attacks (Elbaf is strong enough), but protection against political attempts of taking control of Elbaf.

Whatever the case, I think we will see Shanks during the Elbaf arc.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2017 11:53 PM by Gobee129.)
03-11-2017 11:50 PM
MuricanBaldy Offline
Vice Admirals
Threads:

"Kurewashi - Crimson Eagle"

218,986,600฿

Achievements

The second argument, provides concrete proof that there is some sort of connection. I think friendship as a relationship is more likely than protection.
So yeah they must have friendzoned Shanks.

03-11-2017 11:50 PM
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:

3,639,118,093฿

Achievements

(03-11-2017 11:50 PM)MuricanBaldy Wrote:  So yeah they must have friendzoned Shanks.

Size matters.

03-12-2017 07:00 PM
Ghost Away
Vice Admirals
Supernova
World Nobles
Threads:

"Midorasu - Green Raven"

1,557,977,300฿

Achievements

Hm, I don't know if the giants need any protection. If they are supposed to be that strong if feels kind of strange, and also if big Mom wanted to get connections there it would feel strange if they was under Shanks protection. Sure if they are under Shanks protection there is a chance that it's something that happened after the Lola thing. But even if I see the clues and stuff I have a hard time seeing the protection thing, I would rather say friends. I can see the giants being a great friend of Shanks and him and his crew are welcome there, but the giants can manage on there own.
I really hope, because if they can't well, Oda has hyped them for nothing.

03-13-2017 10:05 PM
Kanary Grek Offline
Vice Admirals
Supernova
World Nobles
Threads:

"Kurikitsu - Maroon Fox"

337,712,000฿

Achievements

I agree with the previous comments about Elbaf not needing protection, but instead having a friendly relationship with Shanks and the Red-Haired Pirates.
For sure the Straw Hats will go to Elbaf sooner or later, so we'll get to find out. ^^

04-11-2017 06:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One Piece Eustass Kid Is Shanks' Son Lucifer 27 9,302 12-04-2016 11:56 PM
Last Post: pandapugger22
  One Piece Shanks' Inspiration: Calico Jack Zxron 6 1,198 12-03-2016 04:01 PM
Last Post: Aaron Sprangers
  One Piece Shanks' Scar: Blackbeard's & Shanks' Past Gobee129 35 9,272 05-06-2016 10:53 PM
Last Post: Roy98

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)