Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

Today's Chapters: Fairy Tail | Nanatsu no Taizai | Tower of God

One Piece Devil Fruit Origin - Ancient Kingdom & The Devil
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Kigarashi - Yellow Lion"

3,204,266,593฿

Achievements
Devil Fruit Origin - Ancient Kingdom & The Devil

What are the Devil Fruits and where do they come from?​

I would like to give a different, somewhat mythical point of view on the origins of the Devil Fruits, to discuss One Piece from a different angle. :)

İmage First the obvious:

The 3 Ancient Weapons (AW) are named after 3 gods, while the Devil Fruits of course are named after a devil.

İmage History:

800 years ago, the 20kingdoms (aka. The World Government) fought against the Ancient Kingdom (AK). I think it’s safe to assume that the Devil Fruits were not created by the WG, because if that were the case, then they would still know how to do it, and could now just create more DFs and simply rule the world. Same argument for the 3 AWs: If the weapons were created by the WG, then they would know where/what/who they are and just take them back or “build” them again (Pluton e.g. can be build multiple times). But they didn’t know of Shirahoshi, and they didn’t know where Pluton is, that’s why they tried to get the Blueprints from Franky instead.

Based on that, I assume that both, the Ancient Weapons and the Devil Fruits, were created by the Ancient Kingdom.

İmage Where do the Devil Fruits come from?

800 years ago, the Ancient Kingdom was the most advanced country in the world, their great knowledge & technologies were considered a threat by the 20 kingdoms. That’s why they started a war against the AK. They summoned a Devil/Demon, a natural disaster brought upon earth by the 20 kingdoms, to attack and crush the ancient kingdom!

The AK however was able to defend itself: It created the 3 Ancient Weapons (Gods) to fight against the Devil. But the Devil & the WG were too powerful, and the AK knew it will eventually lose the war. So before it was too late, it hid the 3 weapons, created the poneglyphs, so that the story survives time, and as its last deed, the AK was able to defeated the Devil by dividing its powers into small parts and sealing those small parts into fruits -> The Devil Fruits!

With his last powers available, the Devil cursed those fruits, to make them risky for all terrestrials to use (inability to swim). But nevertheless, the AK was already too weakened to win the war, and the WG emerged victorious.

Until today, the WG has tried to delete all the history of what happened during the war (in the Void Century). Why do they work so hard to keep it a secret? Because they were the "evil" ones who did something terrible, summoning a natural disaster like a Devil and starting a war to take over the world!

İmage Why sealing the powers into fruits?

The Ancient Kingdom needed some kind of medium to seal those powers in, and normal things weren't possible, because the little parts of the Devil need to have some sort of "living" cage. They didn't dare to seal the parts into humans, so they used fruits from a special tree. We already know 2 special trees in One Piece: Adam & Eve. If I remember the religious story correctly, Adam took an apple from the "Tree of the knowledge of good and evil". Transferred to One Piece: Apple = Devil Fruits

İmage Will of D. & Marshall D. Teach

As “creators” of the Devil Fruits, the descendents of the Ancient Kingdom are considered as guardians of the Devil Fruits. The Will of D. is about protecting the powers of the Devil and keeping the world stable. If someone would reunite all fruits and resummon the Devil, the world would end.

Marshall D. Teach, aka Blackbeard, the only D. character who is afraid of death, is on his way to do exactly that by collecting more and more Devil Fruits, and only those with the Will of D. (probably Luffy^^) can stop him.

İmage What about Dr. Vegapunk?

In SVS Vol. 48, Oda said: “For more details (about the Dfs), you'll just have to wait for a certain professor to make his appearance in the story, and explain exactly what the Devil Fruits REALLY are... Eventually."

The genius Dr. Vegapunk found out about the Devil Fruits origin and how to identify the DFs and how to detect their powers. Using this knowledge, he was able to combine things with DFs, and he also tried to create his own DF (which was a failure) and he created the book about Devil Fruits.

Hope you enjoyed reading it and please let me know what you think ;)

(For an updated theory about Uranus, Raftel, Devil Fruits and the Ancient Kingdom, go here.)

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2016 01:49 PM by Gobee129.)
01-03-2014 10:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 5 users Like Gobee129's post:
jefforange04 (07-31-2014), Lucifer (01-24-2014), madara uchiha (08-14-2015), pandapugger22 (04-30-2016), Seeman Alcho (01-21-2016)
Salamander Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"The Eternal Fire."

63,151,900฿

Achievements
RE: Devil Fruit Origin - Ancient Kingdom & Will of D.

Damn, that is a well put theory. A nice way of trying to connect the dots. What I would love to see is whther this actually turns to be true. Parts of it make perfect sense, nice. The bit about 'AK' and the 20 kingdom's fight is nice. Though I dont know if the "Devil" part may be true. Otherwise I kinda agree with your theory.

01-22-2014 11:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Lucifer Online
Threads:
Crew:

"Sin of Pride"

574,807,423฿

Achievements

Nice theory, but I have a doubt how come if they have sealed the devil into devil fruits so when the eater of DF dies so that means the part of the devil's soul goes free, so why do it come back to fruit form??

01-23-2014 12:05 AM
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

3,204,266,593฿

Achievements

(01-23-2014 12:05 AM)'FollStion' Wrote:  Nice theory, but I have a doubt how come if they have sealed the devil into devil fruits so when the eater of DF dies so that means the part of the devil's soul goes free, so why do it come back to fruit form??

because they are bound to the fruit, it's their "medium"and in order to bind the Devil to urself, you haver to eat the fruit. 

01-23-2014 12:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Lucifer Online
Threads:
Crew:

"Sin of Pride"

574,807,423฿

Achievements

(01-23-2014 12:09 AM)'Gobee129' Wrote:  
(01-23-2014 12:05 AM)'FollStion' Wrote:  Nice theory, but I have a doubt how come if they have sealed the devil into devil fruits so when the eater of DF dies so that means the part of the devil's soul goes free, so why do it come back to fruit form??

because they are bound to the fruit, it's their "medium" and in order to bind the Devil to urself, you haver to eat the fruit. 

So if a part of devil's soul is in a fruit, So when a Df eater dies his part of devil's soul stay in the other place till  all the parts come back together, and if that happens The devil can come back to life!!

01-23-2014 01:19 AM
BrOoK c: Offline
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:

"Kuro Ran"

442,047,090฿

Achievements

its amazing it makes alot of sense.and its really interesting.

01-26-2014 05:07 PM
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

3,204,266,593฿

Achievements

(01-26-2014 05:07 PM)BrOoK =_= Wrote:  its amazing it makes alot of sense.and its really interesting.

thank you :)

01-26-2014 06:34 PM
The following 1 user Likes Gobee129's post:
BrOoK c: (01-26-2014)
Kaiser Offline
World Nobles
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:

"One Man With One Heart"

485,784,620฿

Achievements

This is a nice theory, Gobee, it would be fun if it's the real origin of the devil fruits ^^

01-27-2014 02:21 AM
sid luwang Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Amateur Pirate"

1,722,700฿

it's a cool theory. It's somewhat similar to other theories I read in other forums. I am almost sure that it'll turn out to be true. The ancient kingdom and WG war seems really really true. It had to be. Nice theory.

02-03-2014 03:34 PM
CodeZero Offline
Vice Admirals
World Nobles
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Murahebi - Violet Snake"

1,397,087,870฿

Achievements

That's a very cool theory you've got there. Though I just have a few questions that I think arises from said theory:

(01-03-2014 10:46 PM)Gobee129 Wrote:  Based on that, I assume that both, the Ancient Weapons and the Devil Fruits, were created by the Ancient Kingdom.

800 years ago, the Ancient Kingdom was the most advanced country in the world, their great knowledge & technologies were considered a threat by the 20 kingdoms. That’s why they started a war against the AK. They summoned a Devil/Demon, a natural disaster brought upon earth by the 20 kingdoms, to attack and crush the ancient kingdom!

You said that the WG couldn't have created the AW or the DF since they couldn't mass produce it. Wouldn't it be the same with the AK then? Couldn't they mass produce AW's? (I think your latest theory about the origins of DF is solid).

Also, you said that in order to win, the WG summoned the devil - a natural disaster. If that's the case, how on earth did they possibly control it. Additionally, what kind of black magic method did they even come up to even possibly create such a thing. o_o

If the WG were somehow able to summon a demon, would it be far-fetched to think that the AK were able to draw God(s) attention? I don't think this would be the case, since it'd just make the plot that much more complicated.

(01-03-2014 10:46 PM)Gobee129 Wrote:  The Ancient Kingdom needed some kind of medium to seal those powers in, and normal things weren't possible, because the little parts of the Devil need to have some sort of "living" cage. They didn't dare to seal the parts into humans, so they used fruits from a special tree. We already know 2 special trees in One Piece: Adam & Eve. If I remember the religious story correctly, Adam took an apple from the "Tree of the knowledge of good and evil". Transferred to One Piece: Apple = Devil Fruits

You said that they wouldn't seal it into humans, and instead opted for fruits. Using the logic that you used for your theory, sealing it into humans actually makes sense to me. In the religious story, Adam took the apple, and ate it, after which it eventually got stuck (due to him being frightened).

Perhaps they sealed it within humans, it got stuck, and tainted them --> devil fruit powers (it was due to this action that humanity was introduced to Original Sin). As for why it's fruits, perhaps after they died, the soul of the devil was transferred to a random 'cage' (fruit). Though, I do admit that your reasoning makes slight more sense, but I just wanted to put it out there :P

(01-03-2014 10:46 PM)Gobee129 Wrote:  As “creators” of the Devil Fruits, the descendents of the Ancient Kingdom are considered as guardians of the Devil Fruits. The Will of D. is about protecting the powers of the Devil and keeping the world stable. If someone would reunite all fruits and resummon the Devil, the world would end.

If what you say about the Will of D. being descendants of the Ancient Kingdom, then wouldn't all descendants of the Ancient Kingdom have the Will of D. Like the other descendants of the moon races (Shandians and Skypieans in particular)?

06-18-2014 04:49 PM
The following 1 user Likes CodeZero's post:
Levislate (07-21-2014)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One Piece Devil Fruits Are From The Moon - Outer Space In One Piece Gobee129 18 10,720 10-02-2016 09:25 AM
Last Post: pandapugger22
  One Piece The Ancient Kingdom: Gran D. Line YJeey 8 1,089 08-07-2016 03:51 PM
Last Post: Greg
  One Piece Why Devil Fruit Users Sink In Water: Secret Of Seastone And More Zoro 9 1,726 07-16-2016 04:50 PM
Last Post: ArioBarzan
  One Piece The Ancient Weapons Were Originally A Pirate Crew & Ship Aussienistrator 5 834 05-28-2016 02:24 PM
Last Post: pandapugger22
  One Piece Devil Fruits & Souls of D. Characters - Uranus & Raftel - Ancient Kingdom & The Moon Gobee129 71 34,033 05-03-2016 04:13 PM
Last Post: pele10brazil
  One Piece The Devil Fruit Seal - Burgess & Ryuma Connection - Sanji's Power Exposed Aidea n0 mi 14 2,655 03-23-2016 08:42 AM
Last Post: CielPhantomhive
  One Piece Ancient Weapon Uranus Exposed Aidea n0 mi 6 1,154 03-21-2016 09:35 PM
Last Post: Aidea n0 mi
  One Piece The Truth Behind Artificial Devil Fruits ALL_KNOWN_ 6 1,085 12-20-2015 09:45 PM
Last Post: ALL_KNOWN_
  One Piece Devil Fruit Theory - Why There Are Logia, Paramecia, Zoan & Artifical Devil Fruits Disley 18 3,876 12-20-2015 08:30 PM
Last Post: shanks74
  One Piece Joyboy's Promise & Noah's Purpose - King Of The Ancient Kingdom Ultimatespoon 12 3,038 12-17-2015 10:48 PM
Last Post: Captain E Kid

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)