Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

Farewell! Marineford will close down on July 22. All info here.

Today's Chapters: BnHA | HxH | OP | SnS

Poll: What Did You Think Of This Week's Chapter?
Great
Okay
Lame
Show Results
One Piece Chapter 863 - The Consummate Gentleman
shanks74 Offline
Threads:

"Red Hair Pirates"

36,931,300฿

Achievements
RE: Chapter 863 - The Consummate Gentleman

(04-27-2017 01:25 AM)Saving Ace Wrote:  
(04-27-2017 12:08 AM)shanks74 Wrote:  Absolute and utterly refuted by science.

Pahahaha here we go. This fandom is out of control with stupid arguments. Obviously One Piece has been 100% scientifically accurate. What was I thinking? XDD

Quote:Depending on the makeup of dogtooths sticky substance he could either have his skin and body ripped apart or melted by luffys gear 2nd.

Do you even know what a Logia is? Logia's get beaten into pieces on the regular and they just reform from it. The only exception to this rule seems to be characters with similar Haki levels (if you think Luffy's haki is close to Dogtooth's you should just stop reading OP). I can't believe that I'm even having to explain to you this fact about Logias. If you don't know this is true then you just don't read OP.

And Luffy melting Dogtooth's Mochi with Gear 2? What the actual F? When has Luffy ever melted anything with Gear Second? When has anyone even stated that Luffy in theory could melt anything? This is the most speculative statement I've ever heard in the history of One Piece speculation and it is based on absolutely nothing at all. Are you forgetting that Luffy was in Gear 2 when Dogtooth actually hit him and it didn't appear to make the Mochi any easier to escape from?

Like what even is this argument......

Quote:Think about cooking eggs on a pan. The eggs will stick if the chemicals bond to the pan. Heating things up makes atoms move apart so things can fill the spaces inbrtween.

Eggs aren't sticky by nature, Dogtooth's DF is literally a "sticky substance" and at no point has anyone said that heat is the way to counter him. Not that Luffy would've ever shown the ability to give off enough heat in Gear 2 to do something like that anyway...

Quote: In theory puffy should be capable of just tearing through or melting dogtooths body.

Oh, so now this is a Dogtooth Vs Luffy discussion? Pretty sure you're the only person here that thinks Luffy could beat Dogtooth.

Yeah I'm sure Dogtooth would just stand there and let Luffy hit him. Makes perfect sense. Well, if Dogtooth's Haki is as strong as it should be, he should just be able to let Luffy's attacks phase through him, Haki-imbued or not. At which point Luffy would be covered in Mochi, be completely immobile, and Dogtooth would've won without even attacking him.

Quote:This would all depend on how strong and what dogtooths sticky substance is and how fast and hot luffys attacks are.

And then you refute yourself. You spend all this time establishing why Luffy would definitively and mercilessly beat Dogtooth, but then you say "well then again maybe not." Like wtf.

Quote:No way around it, and we already know dogtooths focused on one specific haki hence his others being significantly weaker according to reliegh.

Rayleigh*

Link me a manga panel where Rayleigh says focussing on one type of Haki affects your abilities with the others.

Quote:Luffys in all rights should be able to absolutely destroy dogtooth.

There is absolutely no way you are serious. This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read in my entire life.

I won't even comment on why the idea that Luffy alone would be able to defeat a 1 billion+ bounty veteran is absolutely stupid.

Let's just assume Dogtooth is only as strong as Cracker, which most people think he is stronger but I'll be nice to you. Gear 4 Luffy would've been easily killed by Cracker had Nami not been there to save him. Cracker gave us one of the most absurd on-screen strength feats in the series by almost effortlessly blocking and overwhelming Gear 4 Luffy.

Now Dogtooth is AT MINIMUM as strong as Cracker. Meaning that AT MINIMUM he would be able to back Gear 4 down with the same amount of effort. The statement "Luffy would destroy Dogtooth" is going on the dumbest things I've ever heard thread.

Quote:The way I look at ithe is, what used is there to seeing a punch coming if you can't prevent it from doing damage.

Unless that character is just much weaker than you. If Cracker effortlessly blocked a volley of Kong Gun punches, you would have to be delusional to think Dogtooth couldn't use his Haki imbued Mochi to do the same exact thing.

Unless you subscribe to the absolutely random and unsupported by anything idea that Luffy could melt Mochi with Gear 2. Give me a freaking break.

Quote:Dogtooths lost this match up by a mile , there's nothing you can sat to prove otherwise.

Pahahaha what? You haven't proven anything at all, you even question your own broken reasoning. Should I just quote you to prove otherwise?

"This would all depend on how strong and what dogtooths sticky substance is and how fast and hot luffys attacks are."

You have literally no evidence that Dogtooth's Mochi wouldn't stop Gear 4 dead. Jinbe straight up tells Luffy that the only way to get out of Mochi is with some water, of which Luffy has little access to.

At minimum Dogtooth's arm. Haki should be as strong as Cracker's. At minimum. And if that's the case, Dogtooth murders Luffy low-diff.

Your comment gave me a great laugh though so thanks for that.

Wrong. Reliegh said most haki users will train one specific haki and not focus on the others

Sure dogtooth has some arm haki, but considering how powerful his other haki is I think it's reasonable to assume his arm haki is extremely weaker in comparison. Between cracker and dogtoothe I'd say cracker has stronger arm haki.

Do not forgot dogtooths arm haki to flick a bean at sanji was easily avoided by someone who doesn't specifically train in obs haki. So thatears dog toothache arm haki is very weak due to his other haki bei NH so strong

Oda is trying to express this point. Well see more super natural haki users in the future. They'll almost all obey this rule.

And yes Rayleigh did say some people train different haki which they then don't spend time training the ones there not as good at.

Go back to him showing puffy haki. I'm on phone so I can't easily link you a chapter I never read. I only started reading since dressora.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2017 01:49 AM by shanks74.)
04-27-2017 01:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Saving Ace Offline
Yonko
Threads:

"Yonko"

657,432,390฿

Achievements

(04-27-2017 01:47 AM)shanks74 Wrote:  Wrong. Reliegh said most haki users will train one specific haki and not focus on the others

I've gone back to the scene and I don't see Rayleigh saying this at any point. You're going to need to link it to me when you can. .

Quote:Sure dogtooth has some arm haki, but considering how powerful his other haki is I think it's reasonable to assume his arm haki is extremely weaker in comparison.

It kind of is unreasonable though, Luffy was blocking Cracker's armament Haki with difficulty, but Dogtooth hit him only once, and even after Luffy put his Haki-imbued arms in the way, Dogtooth still drew blood from him.

Your own assumption that Dogtooth's armament Haki is weaker than Cracker's is rendered wrong by the only time we ever see him use armament Haki. Dogtooth has so far done huge damage with his armament Haki.

Quote:Do not forgot dogtooths arm haki to flick a bean at sanji was easily avoided by someone who doesn't specifically train in obs haki.

First of all the only type of Haki that Oda has stressed to us about Sanji is his observation Haki....go back to Punk Hazard and watch how much attention Oda paid to Sanji's obs. Haki when he was in Nami's body.

Second of all, what does Sanji dodging Dogtooth's jelly bean have to do with armament Haki?? This fandom sometimes....

Third of all, Oda tried about as hard as he could to make it appear that Sanji dodged that jelly bean at the very last second. If you think anyone else would've hit Sanji there I don't know what to tell you. Pre-TS Zoro was dodging bullets easily.

Quote:So thatears dog toothache arm haki is very weak due to his other haki bei NH so strong

This is just wrong for the reasons I listed above. I really don't know what else to say about it lol.

Quote:Oda is trying to express this point. Well see more super natural haki users in the future. They'll almost all obey this rule.

What is a natural Haki user? And you haven't still haven't proven that Dogtooth's armament Haki is weaker than it should be because he trained his obs. Haki.

Could his armament Haki be weaker than his Observation Haki? Sure, his observation Haki is approaching god-tier, but you haven't proven that his Haki is below Cracker's, Doffy's, or even Luffy's. You haven't shown me why Dogtooth's arm. Haki is nothing short of standard for a New World Veteran. Dogtooth's armament Haki, while it might be slightly weaker than Cracker's, it could be slightly stronger also, you just don't have any leg to stand on when the only time that he's ever used his armament haki, Luffy tried to block it and Dogtooth still drew blood from him.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2017 03:22 AM by Saving Ace.)
04-27-2017 03:17 AM
shanks74 Offline
Threads:

"Red Hair Pirates"

36,931,300฿

Achievements

(04-27-2017 03:17 AM)Saving Ace Wrote:  
(04-27-2017 01:47 AM)shanks74 Wrote:  Wrong. Reliegh said most haki users will train one specific haki and not focus on the others

I've gone back to the scene and I don't see Rayleigh saying this at any point. You're going to need to link it to me when you can. .

Quote:Sure dogtooth has some arm haki, but considering how powerful his other haki is I think it's reasonable to assume his arm haki is extremely weaker in comparison.

It kind of is unreasonable though, Luffy was blocking Cracker's armament Haki with difficulty, but Dogtooth hit him only once, and even after Luffy put his Haki-imbued arms in the way, Dogtooth still drew blood from him.

Your own assumption that Dogtooth's armament Haki is weaker than Cracker's is rendered wrong by the only time we ever see him use armament Haki. Dogtooth has so far done huge damage with his armament Haki.

Quote:Do not forgot dogtooths arm haki to flick a bean at sanji was easily avoided by someone who doesn't specifically train in obs haki.

First of all the only type of Haki that Oda has stressed to us about Sanji is his observation Haki....go back to Punk Hazard and watch how much attention Oda paid to Sanji's obs. Haki when he was in Nami's body.

Second of all, what does Sanji dodging Dogtooth's jelly bean have to do with armament Haki?? This fandom sometimes....

Third of all, Oda tried about as hard as he could to make it appear that Sanji dodged that jelly bean at the very last second. If you think anyone else would've hit Sanji there I don't know what to tell you. Pre-TS Zoro was dodging bullets easily.

Quote:So thatears dog toothache arm haki is very weak due to his other haki bei NH so strong

This is just wrong for the reasons I listed above. I really don't know what else to say about it lol.

Quote:Oda is trying to express this point. Well see more super natural haki users in the future. They'll almost all obey this rule.

What is a natural Haki user? And you haven't still haven't proven that Dogtooth's armament Haki is weaker than it should be because he trained his obs. Haki.

Could his armament Haki be weaker than his Observation Haki? Sure, his observation Haki is approaching god-tier, but you haven't proven that his Haki is below Cracker's, Doffy's, or even Luffy's. You haven't shown me why Dogtooth's arm. Haki is nothing short of standard for a New World Veteran. Dogtooth's armament Haki, while it might be slightly weaker than Cracker's, it could be slightly stronger also, you just don't have any leg to stand on when the only time that he's ever used his armament haki, Luffy tried to block it and Dogtooth still drew blood from him.

Regular gun fire bullets and haki infused beans being flicked are on two different levels. You can't compare non haki bullets to haki ones. Arm haki has to do with sanji avoiding it because with stronger arm you could flick the bean faster.

And releigh did say people train one haki to be specifically good at. He said this when talkijg to puffy about him learning all 3 in next 2 years.

04-28-2017 08:07 PM
Tigrou-san Online
Threads:

"Advanced Pirate"

436,841,730฿

Achievements

Was a cool chapter.
Let the cake party be a mess sees to have gone on the backfromt once Katakuri came in to catch luffy and Jimbe being the perfect badass!
How Jimbei is acting its always dreamlike ...
Big Mom is going havoc now since Jimbei did not loose any lifespan. i guess it is due that he aswell had earplugs on because fear is as natural as life so someone with no fear doesn't give. You can only accet your fear and take it how it is.

06-25-2017 07:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One Piece Chapter 862 - The Consummate Thinker Crimson Comet 88 2,930 06-25-2017 06:57 PM
Last Post: Tigrou-san
  One Piece Chapter 861 - The Consummate Actor Crimson Comet 32 2,096 06-25-2017 06:10 PM
Last Post: Tigrou-san

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)