Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

Today's Chapters: Kingdom | One Punch Man | Tower of God

Poll: What Did You Think Of This Week's Chapter?
Great
Okay
Lame
Show Results
One Piece Chapter 863 - The Consummate Gentleman
Psycho Zoro Offline
Threads:

"The God Of Orientation"

307,352,910฿

Achievements
RE: Chapter 863 - The Consummate Gentleman

Jinbe is a straight savage. F*ckin hell.

On the point of the Vinsmokes, I´ll predict that they had already been expecting something of the sort and are currently on the move. Not sure what exactly they are gonna do though.

Ceasar seemed pissed, but he cant really do much since his heart is still with Bege isn't it?

04-21-2017 01:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Gobee129 Online
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:

"Kigarashi - Yellow Lion"

3,572,463,693฿

Achievements

Do people really expect that stealing lifespan from afraid people is everything Mama has? So many comments about how weak and limited she/her DF is. If that was really all there is to her ability, then Oda screwed up, but who would even for a second believe this is all she got? Is this your first Manga chapter? lol Weakest Yonko or not, there will certainly be more to her DF, and to her overall abilities (impenetrable skin / Haki).

(04-20-2017 04:46 PM)HzJz Wrote:  BnHA really is the 2nd face of the magazine now.

I thought the same when I saw the picture. Izuku being the only highlighted character with Luffy, that was a clear massage.

(04-20-2017 05:37 PM)Fulcrum Wrote:  he really didn't show anything great. Not like the rest of the Commmanders.

I dont wanna get into the Katakuri discussion, since I dont find him that interesting nor disappointing, but your statement about the other Commanders interests me. Let's see:

WB's Commanders: All disapponted or at least didn't impress, except for Vista.
Shanks' Commanders: No feats yet, just great vibe
BB's Commanders: No feats yet, except a disappointing Burgess. Shiliew as almost-equal to Magellan has hype at least. The Level 6 inmates also have hype of being at least as strong as Jinbe & Croco & Ace who were also on Level 6. But overall, no feats yet.
Kaido's Commanders: We only know Jack, and he has lost every single one of his 3 "fights", so apart from an insane personality and probably durability with his Zoan DF, there is nothing impressive of him yet.
Mama's Commanders: Smoothie is featless; Katakuri has top Obs. Haki, highest series bounty, stopped Luffy, people simply expected too much of his Obs. Haki, mistaking it with complete foresight; Cracker has one of the biggest on-screen feats with easily dealing with Gear 4, and also according to Luffy, the strongest Arm. Haki he came across yet, tho he also has a very disappointing and weird defeat.

So if I look at all the other Commanders, what makes you say Katakuri was not like the rest? By simple comparison, there are actually only Cracker and Vista who were more impressive or less disappointing, whichever way you wanna spin it. If you belittle what Katakuri did so far, you can use the exact same logic to belittle Jack, who factually didn't achieve a single thing and failed at everything he tried. ^^

So my judgement on this would be: I guess people like Jack because of his beast design, so ofc Jack was impressive in many fans' eyes (even tho he actually wasn't that impressive at all), while Katakuri, who is at least equally impressive to Jack, is seen as disappointing because he is not as wild and beastly, because people didn't understand how his Obs. Haki works, and because he belongs to the lame Big Mom and not the awesome Kaido. ^^ Pretty biased if you ask me.

(04-20-2017 08:03 PM)Shooter Wrote:  Katakuri's Fruits seems interesting, can't wait to see his awakening, which would be seeing it first time for a logia. I think this is a the first logia devilfruit with no basic element link.

What makes you think he has an Awakening?

(I'd say his "element" is as vague as Caribou's swamp.)

(04-20-2017 08:11 PM)CodeBreaker Wrote:  So is Jinbe officially a Straw Hat pirate?

Honestly, who cares right now? Y U No As long as he hasn't safely escaped from WCI and Big Mom, there is nothing to celebrate. :x

(04-21-2017 02:18 AM)WizManAngry Wrote:  @Gobee129 I think Luffy called himself out in order for Brook to break the picture, because Katakuri was like don't pay the others no mind in thought thinking they were all animals.... This was a perfect plan, Luffy outdone himself this time,

I considered that but didn't agree with it. It's already a stretch that Luffy came up with the clone idea, and then he should also have come up with another thing to trick Mama & Katakuri? Unlikely.

But even more so:

1.) Bege was shocked at Luffy's reaction. You'd expect Bege to know the whole plan, because after all, Bege also knew of the clone idea. Why tell him about the clones but not about the change in who destroys the pic? ^^
2.) On that same line of thought: When Luffy was captured by Katakuri, Pedro jumped out of the mirror saying "leave it to me, Luffy", which shows that he also had no idea that Brook would do it.
3.) If Luffy had Brook on his mind the whole time, only acting as decoy for the skeleton, then Katakuri should have foreseen that imo. But instead, he foresaw Luffy's intent to destroy the picture. If Luffy's actual intent, like you suggest, was just to get attention on him so that Brook could stealthily destroy the pic, then Katakuri should have foreseen exactly that, and attacked Brook instead. When Katakuri was introduced, the guest he killed was lying, saying he wasn't planning anything, but secretly his intent to kill Big Mom was sensed by Katakuri. This with Luffy now is the same thing, Katakuri should have sensed Luffy's true intention (to be a decoy), and ignored Luffy's lying words.

All that makes me believe Luffy wasn't doing it on purpose. He simply couldn't resist, out of stupidity, to answer Big Mom. Tho even if it was stupid for him in that moment, it worked perfectly for Brook in the end. ^^

(04-21-2017 10:08 AM)Mihawk le Roux Wrote:  Jinbe made me think of Steven Siegel...MA Master that muscular fat but cool...lol...

Haha yeah xD Plus, also their calmness. Both Siegel and Jinbe are these silent and calm fighters, patient and analyzing.

(04-20-2017 12:58 PM)ArioBarzan Wrote:  I have a feeling ceasar is not gonna let them back in the mirror world, he did look happy but I may have mistaken his sad face for that

Nah, like the others said, his face looked definitely angry:

(04-21-2017 12:17 AM)KurohashiSanji Wrote:  4- Caesar wil probably do some petty shit that will endanger the whole mission. Never piss off the crazy murderous psycopath that is in charge of your way out of the place where you just ruined everything for Big Mom!!
(04-21-2017 01:44 PM)Psycho Zoro Wrote:  Ceasar seemed pissed, but he cant really do much since his heart is still with Bege isn't it?

But yeah, I had the same initial thought: CC would not let that further insult be, and could maybe turn on the Straw Hats. Kuro is right, why insult the psychopath who is your only hope for escape? XDD But I dont know, first of all Bege has his heart (tho if Mama attacks Bege, CC might see his chance), and more importantly: CC fears Mama. If she isn't defeated, he should know he is much safer with the SH's and Bege, than with Mama. So despite his face, I dont think he will turn on them, I mean he would if he could, but he has absolutely no alternative, other than fleeing by himself I guess. (?)

Rescuing his own skin is actually the most plausible option, we know CC is a selfish coward. The moment he sees a chance to get his heart back, he'll use it and flee by himself, leaving everyone behind. This is also the chance for Oda to give CC some more character development.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2017 08:51 PM by Gobee129.)
04-21-2017 08:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 2 users Like Gobee129's post:
ArioBarzan (04-22-2017), WizManAngry (04-22-2017)
Ghost Away
Shichibukai
Supernova
World Nobles
Threads:

"The shy Ghost"

1,527,835,700฿

Achievements

This was a good chapter!

Brook Heart he was amazing, just breaking the photo, like nothing. Haha

Luffy, well he is Luffy. And ofc the plan is going south. Haha and Katakuris DF, well not sure what to think of it. But all of the people in Big Moms crew has strange DF's. And I liked how Big Mom almost got angry because Katakuri saved her. She is so strange xD haha

And Jinbe, well he was great, and it was a nice quote, and he is right. You can't be afraid if you are going to join the next PK.

I am also wondering how the hell Brulee just can't escape, isn't it just rope holding her, she is really useless.

And where the hell is the rest of the Vinsmokes, or well hope all of them got killed by the cake!

Looking forward to the next chapter tho.

04-22-2017 09:23 PM
Shooter Offline
Admirals
Revolutionaries
Supernova
World Nobles
Threads:

"Gintora - Silver Tiger"

1,507,879,750฿

Achievements

(04-21-2017 08:43 PM)Gobee129 Wrote:  Do people really expect that stealing lifespan from afraid people is everything Mama has? So many comments about how weak and limited she/her DF is. If that was really all there is to her ability, then Oda screwed up, but who would even for a second believe this is all she got? Is this your first Manga chapter? lol Weakest Yonko or not, there will certainly be more to her DF, and to her overall abilities (impenetrable skin / Haki).
Yeah, if she didn't get the nerf she did this chapter regarding stealing lifespan, she would have been almost unbetable even against yonko's. I doubt this is all we get from her df, Oda revealed Flamingo's power step by step, we had to wait around 70-80 chapters for his awakening

(04-21-2017 08:43 PM)Gobee129 Wrote:  What makes you think he has an Awakening?
Well if there is an awakening for logia, i think this is the time to introduce it and develop on it. Yonko's right hand man and looks like only logia right hand man we might get. Since Kaido's men seems to be a zoan, no DF in Shank's crew and BB crew is saved for last two arcs. So yeah if we ever gonna get a awakening for logia's this might be good time.

Yesterday 07:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Gobee129 Online
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:

"Kigarashi - Yellow Lion"

3,572,463,693฿

Achievements

I like how Brook can just break paper with a hammer. lol

(Yesterday 07:30 PM)Shooter Wrote:  Well if there is an awakening for logia, i think this is the time to introduce it and develop on it. Yonko's right hand man and looks like only logia right hand man we might get. Since Kaido's men seems to be a zoan, no DF in Shank's crew and BB crew is saved for last two arcs. So yeah if we ever gonna get a awakening for logia's this might be good time.

1.) Katakuri is just too unimportant a character to reveal Logia Awakening, or let me say too random a character. He just appeared and, despite his rank, really is no special character in terms of importance and significance of his role, much unlike Doffy, who has been around a long time, was built-up slowly, and is a major figure in the world of One Piece.

2.) Katakuri already raised Obs. Haki to another level, I think that is enough, Awakening should be done by someone else. Crocodile e.g. has an actual link to Awakening.

3.) "if we ever gonna get a awakening for logia's this might be good time." Fry I feel like you are forgetting the Admirals. ^^ If a Logia in the series has definite Awakening, then the 3 original Admirals who all have their DF for ~20 years and who are on a much higher level of strength, skill, and maybe experience than a Yonko Commander. :)

(This post was last modified: Yesterday 10:07 PM by Gobee129.)
Yesterday 10:06 PM
Kanary Grek Online
Vice Admirals
Supernova
World Nobles
Threads:

"Kurikitsu - Maroon Fox"

315,230,600฿

Achievements

Boys and girls, you can now post your Whole Cake Island Predictions for Chapter 864 here!
Please do it as soon as possible, as I will close the thread when the spoilers for the new chapter are out.

Today 12:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One Piece Chapter 861 - The Consummate Actor Sasuke 31 1,845 04-17-2017 01:11 AM
Last Post: Kanary Grek
  One Piece Chapter 862 - The Consummate Thinker Sasuke 87 2,595 04-16-2017 12:32 PM
Last Post: Gobee129

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)