Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

Today's Chapters: Fairy Tail | Nanatsu no Taizai | Tower of God

One Piece Brook & Soul Solid - Can they cut Logia users?
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Kigarashi - Yellow Lion"

3,204,266,593฿

Achievements
Brook & Soul Solid - Can they cut Logia users?

Brook can enhance his sword "Soul Solid" with his DF ability. The energy of his soul brings the "very cold of the underworld into this world", resulting in the sword being freezing cold -> Brook gave it the name "Freezing Sword"

Do you think Brook is able to cut Logia users now?

Out of pure laziness, this thread was not be credited by @Ultimatespoon ... (ah the good old times ;) )

01-02-2014 06:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Kaiser Offline
World Nobles
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:

"One Man With One Heart"

485,784,620฿

Achievements
RE: Brook & Soul Solid - Can they cut Logia users?

With Haki definitely, without Haki and just with his devil fruit ability I think he can not cut or touch the Logia user's real body.

01-04-2014 02:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

3,204,266,593฿

Achievements

(01-04-2014 02:03 AM)Kaiser Wrote:  With Haki definitely, without Haki and just with his devil fruit ability I think he can not cut or touch the Logia user's real body.
So far there were 4 ways to touch Logia users:

1. Using the Darkness Fruit, so that only applies to Teach
2. Using Sea Stone, that mostly applies to Marines & WG officials
3. Using Haki - You need to be a least Vice-Admiral level to be able to use it, so not everyone can use it
4. Somehow using the counterpart of the opponent's DF: E.g. Sand - Water/Blood, Fire - Magma, Smoke - Fire, Lightning - Rubber, etc. This is vary limited and very, very rare tho

How about a 5th way? Brook is using the very cold of the underworld on his sword, "Soul Solid". Every human has a soul, doesnt matter if Logia or not^^ If Brook can use the soul power of his DF ability to get "soul energy" from the underworld, then maybe his sword can "touch" the soul of the living as well -> Cutting everyone, no matter the DF ability.

01-09-2014 01:05 AM
Kaiser Offline
World Nobles
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:

"One Man With One Heart"

485,784,620฿

Achievements

(01-09-2014 01:05 AM)Gobee129 Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 02:03 AM)Kaiser Wrote:  With Haki definitely, without Haki and just with his devil fruit ability I think he can not cut or touch the Logia user's real body.
So far there were 4 ways to touch Logia users:

3. Using Haki - You need to be a least Vice-Admiral level to be able to use it, so not everyone can use it

4. Somehow using the counterpart of the opponent's DF: E.g. Sand - Water/Blood, Fire - Magma, Smoke - Fire, Lightning - Rubber, etc. This is vary limited and very, very rare tho

How about a 5th way? Brook is using the very cold of the underworld on his sword, "Soul Solid". Every human has a soul, doesnt matter if Logia or not^^ If Brook can use the soul power of his DF ability to get "soul energy" from the underworld, then maybe his sword can "touch" the soul of the living as well -> Cutting everyone, no matter the DF ability.
It depends if his sword fighting style is his own development or if it's based on his df ability. I'm not quite sure to be honest but I guess it's his own technique so with Haki he can cut logia users. If it's based on his df he won't be able to cut logia users except if he is also able to put Haki on his df based attacks somehow. I don't think that it is "so cold" that he can touch the opponent's soul aka their real bodies.

01-09-2014 04:11 PM
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

3,204,266,593฿

Achievements

(01-09-2014 04:11 PM)Kaiser Wrote:  It depends if his sword fighting style is his own development or if it's based on his df ability. I'm not quite sure to be honest but I guess it's his own technique so with Haki he can cut logia users. If it's based on his df he won't be able to cut logia users except if he is also able to put Haki on his df based attacks somehow. I don't think that it is "so cold" that he can touch the opponent's soul aka their real bodies.

Normally I would agree with you, but I wanna throw another idea into the mix: Not every Straw Hat should be able to use Haki. That means for now, only the big 3 can fight Logia users, the rest has to run away^^ Using my above mentioned idea to "cut souls with soul-energy", Oda could introduce a new way for a Straw Hat to, at least some extent, fight a Logia user. We saw it with Rubber vs Lightning and Water vs. Sand before, Oda relies on different occurrences every now and then. He could use this scheme again, this time for Brook.
I doubt he will resolve every future fight where a Logia is involved with Haki or a different Logia. I'm sure he finds some different ways, because using Haki all the time lacks diversity.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 04:45 PM by Gobee129.)
01-09-2014 04:40 PM
Lucifer Online
Threads:
Crew:

"Sin of Pride"

574,807,423฿

Achievements

@Gobee129 there might a theory why it's called "devil-fruit", they might loose there physical body for a period of time so they are immune to attacks, so If this is correct then it would be impossible for even brook to cut people's soul!!

01-20-2014 12:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Heavenly Yaksha Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Joker"

300,736,000฿

Achievements

Well maybe he can freeze part of the Logia users body with his sword and cut that part... But I don't think that he can touch a logia user otherwise.

01-20-2014 06:48 PM
Yellow Flash Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"The Flash"

222,380,757฿

Achievements

(01-09-2014 01:05 AM)Gobee129 Wrote:  So far there were 4 ways to touch Logia users:

If the Logia users caught off guard, they can be hit right??

03-08-2014 12:59 PM
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

3,204,266,593฿

Achievements

(03-08-2014 12:59 PM)Yellow Flash Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 01:05 AM)Gobee129 Wrote:  So far there were 4 ways to touch Logia users:

If the Logia users caught off guard, they can be hit right??

Not sure on that. Check out this thread: Touching Logias

03-08-2014 01:09 PM
RaisedPhoenix Offline
Threads:
Crew:
Resurrects 

"~Heavenly Demon~"

113,903,850฿

Achievements

I'd like to think this idea would work out, just not much supporting it. Wish there was. Seeing Brook take on some heavy-hitters would be great. I love Soul Solid, the ice effect is extremely cool. Without haki, I'd imagine it might come down to Brook's level of skill with his DF power and swordsmanship, versus the level of skill the logia user he's fighting has. If a higher skill DF power can take on a haki user (Law cutting Vergo), and a high level haki user can take on a lower skill DF, I would imagine a higher level DF power canpossibly take on a lower skill DF user, even if that user is a logia.

One Piece | Fairy Tail | Naruto | Seven Deadly Sins | One Punch Man
04-02-2015 07:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One Piece Brook's Past - Vinsmoke Connection & Slaughter Of The Rumbar Pirates Shooter 21 1,876 08-31-2016 05:54 PM
Last Post: pandapugger22
  One Piece Is Brook Immortal? Gobee129 28 5,318 03-21-2016 08:49 AM
Last Post: Connor Steven
  One Piece What if Luffy had a Logia Fruit instead of a Paramecia? Yellow Flash 19 3,569 12-31-2015 03:52 PM
Last Post: ad54
  One Piece Does Brook Get Affected By Enels Power? Ghost 10 664 12-31-2015 02:31 AM
Last Post: ad54

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)