Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

Today's Chapters: Tower of God

One Piece [Battle Theory] Akainu vs. Aokiji - What happened?
KurohashiSanji Offline
Threads:
Crew:
Warriors 

"Senior Pirate"

1,368,663,800฿

Achievements
RE: [Battle Theory] Akainu vs. Aokiji - What happened?

Science says Aokiji would win.

Science was wrong.

01-10-2015 07:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Crowfinger Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Junior Pirate"

15,310,100฿

Achievements

It would be weird if Aokiji won. Since the admirals are very close around the same level and magma should be a counter to ice then akainu would be the obv winner since they are around same level. So the Df matters

01-17-2015 07:12 AM
RaisedPhoenix Offline
Threads:
Crew:
Resurrects 

"~Heavenly Demon~"

113,903,850฿

Achievements

It's hard to believe Aokiji had the skill to match Akainu for a full ten days, because even just looking at their fruits, lava is the antithesis to ice. Maybe Aokiji was able to infuse his ice with haki to keep it from immediately melting upon coming into contact with Akainu's lava.

I also wonder about all the water and steam that had to result from their battle. Lava may melt ice, but that ice would then turn to water, which before turning to steam, would be sure to cool down a lot of that lava and render it into hardened molten rock. In that regard, I guess it's not so surprising that things took a while. Liquid lava is physically superior to solid ice, but when that ice turns to water, the lava and water will start canceling each other out by making rock and steam.

I'm not sure how Aokiji would have seriously injured Akainu, but I'd imagine it was through haki and possibly catching him off guard at points during the fight. Even the strongest warriors will start to slip up after fighting that long against someone of near-equal strength.

One Piece | Fairy Tail | Naruto | Seven Deadly Sins | One Punch Man
03-21-2015 02:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Noxville Offline
Threads:
Crew:
Warriors 

"I'm Bored"

105,463,637฿

Achievements

I think Aokiji has much stronger haki than akainu...thats the only reason i think

03-21-2015 03:04 AM
Ouki Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Monstrous Bird"

64,212,363฿

Achievements

Akainu's magma melts Aokiji's ice, Aokiji's ice solidify Akainu's magma
This reason is enough for the fight to last this long, usually Akainu's fights dont take too much time because his devil fruit is so destructive, just magmafists everyone around him, but in Aokiji's case its different, he is an admiral with great haki and endurance, and on top of alk his ice devil fruit cancels magma, so the fight was mainly about skill and will and endurance ofcourse, and for those who say Akainu used tricks your are just haters for Sakazuki, Aokiji losing his leg was obvious, no one gets out unscratched from a fight with AKAINU.

04-03-2015 06:19 PM
Booker Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Advanced Pirate"

715,555,000฿

Achievements

Akainu above me pretty much pointed out what I wanted to say.

It's true that Akainu could beat Ace because his magma is hotter than Ace's fire, at least if we consider the things Akainu said to be true, but ice is not fire.
Ice may be way colder than fire, but that is also what makes it stronger against the magma Akainu creates.
The could most likely cool down all long range attacks from Sakazuki to a point where they are of no harm to Kuzan anymore and I see Kuzan being evenly matched against Akainu in a close combat fight, if not even superior, as I think that his agility has the edge over Akainu's raw power.

We do also not know a very crucial point about Aokiji's power: how cold can he make his ice?
It was obviously enough to freeze a huge amount of moving salt water in an instant to a solid peace of ice, something a mere -20°C or -25°C are not capable of.
We also saw him creating weapons out of ice in thin air, though those had contact with his body when being created, so we could now go and start speculating if he simply created ice here or if he did freeze air, which would require about -200°C.

So yeah, I think that the difference in temeprature between fire and ice was the thing that allowed Aokiji to stand up against Akainu and not go down easily.

You could now also argue "hey magma and fire do neither have a fixed temperature", but I think that Oda kept it easy at least here.
We never saw Ace fire do something were the average reader said no fire can not melt stuff X or something that was impossible for the heat of magma, so I'd say he used "standard" temperature for those two, and nothing extraordinary.
While I think that it might be possible for the Hie Hie no Mi to be such a special thing, as it is also the only solid-Logia until now.

04-03-2015 06:36 PM
WizManAngry Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Reddo D. Doragon"

133,877,270฿

Achievements

Also don't forget that Aokiji is ICE guys, there's a lot he can do to avoid Akainu's Magama throwing fist etc., Aokiji can literally slide on his like Surfing or some type, he can move incredibly fast if he does that. By surfing on his Ice to get close to Akainu he can hit him with Haki, I can imagine Akainu saying "How Annoying" blah blah :P, but anyways Ice can do much more than Magma can even though the magma can melt it, Ice is slippery and Aokiji can use that to his advantage, and Aokiji can jump pretty high with his Ice, staying away from Akainu and launching strong attacks would be one of his best options. He may have done other stuffs too but Aokiji is/was an Admiral afterall, he must have had something up his sleeve, he couldn't have been an Admiral only by only having such a strong fruit, he must have had something else that helped him. Maybe that penguin had something to do with it? IDK :P, but am pretty shure a fight with two Admirals facing each other wouldn't only last 10 minutes, more like 10 days like it was.

I can imagine at the end of the fight, Akainu's magma was surrounding Aokiji, and Akainu get's up and Aokiji probably thinks his going to end the fight by killing him, but instead Akainu just walks away also heavily damaged etc. that's how I imagined the fight ended :P

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2015 07:29 PM by WizManAngry.)
04-03-2015 07:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Ouki Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Monstrous Bird"

64,212,363฿

Achievements

What really happened !!
(I should upgrade my editing skills )

04-23-2015 11:24 PM
Redache Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Yellow Monkey"

26,773,500฿

Achievements

I'm not sure, but I think their DF would cancel each other out. Hence the long battle. Magma melts Ice, Ice solidifies Magma so and so forth. So it came down to Haki. If one of them had a superiour Haki, the battle wouldn't have lasted that long.

So I think it has to do with endurance, who could keep going the longest. From the results, Akainu was the one.

I also don't think Kuzan forfeited the battle. It could be due to the fact that he lost his left leg I believe (stated in Film Z), so he could have forfeited. But I don't see Sakazuki accepting that. He looks like a man who wants to finish what he has started, so I think he continued the fight. After that the winner was clear.

04-23-2015 11:47 PM
jschensual Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Newbie"

301,800฿

I agree with that Aokiji is faster than akainu, and akainu is far stronger in terms of brut strength. I don't think there would be much between them in terms of haki. But as someone already said Kuzan could possibly stop akainus magma using and ice wall (or some kind of other blocking technique) if he committed to it....but how much or Aokiji's power would that use. We have already seen with Devils fruits that people can max out, such as law. Maybe this happened to Aokiji, just because you have fully mastered your devil fruit does not mean you have the ability or endurance to hold it at that level for a sustained amount of time. That's how akainu won because his magma is so hot it takes Aokiji so much power to stop it, and it barely takes akainu anything to produce hot magma. Thus akainu had more energy and power towards the end of the fight and Aokiji couldn't continue blocking the magma. I don't think there is much difference in their power levels but akainu is has a great mind in battles as we saw in the war of the best getting one of whiteboards own followers to stab him, he takes advantage of people's weaknesses and exploits them to the fullest extent. I'm not saying Aokiji isn't a smart fighter either but akainu was just able to figure out a plan to drain Aokiji of so much power that he couldn't block anymore, that's how he lost his leg and how his arm was damaged so much. And how akainu was able to win. I hope to see episodes of the fight later in thee series because they would be epic.

04-26-2015 07:16 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One Piece Battles That Should Have Happened Or Been Shown Salamander 58 3,679 09-21-2016 02:35 AM
Last Post: Kanary Grek
  One Piece Characters You Want To See Go All Out In Battle RaisedPhoenix 45 3,956 05-02-2016 12:10 AM
Last Post: Ape

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)