Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

One Piece [Battle Theory] Akainu vs. Aokiji - What happened?
GOMU Offline
Threads:
Crew:
Bloodmoon 

"THE AWESOME RUBBER"

196,194,560฿

Achievements
RE: [Battle Theory] Akainu vs. Aokiji - What happened?

(01-10-2014 01:16 AM)Gobee129 Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 02:01 AM)Kaiser Wrote:  We know the battle lasted for 10 days but it's not directly stated that it was an equal battle. I think that they didn't just fight for 10 days straight, they must have talked a lot in order to stop the opponent of wanting the Fleet Admiral position.
As for the battle itself, Haki is already the answer. Both have much endurance and both used Haki all the time. In the end, the one with less endurance couldn't keep his Haki level and lost the fight.
We do know it was an equal fight, because Jinbe mentioned that both men were seriously wounded.

And about Haki: We havent seen Logia attacks with Haki yet. The fact that Punk Hazard was changed drastically in appearance, shows that both were using their Logia powers with outmost intensity. We could theorize about Haki embedded Logia attacks now, or how Logia users are able to avoid Haki.

Akainu was unwounded after Haki embedded attacks by Vista and Marco. There is quite a lot mystery left for me.

yes we have seen logias attacks with haki:

Spoiler: Logia with haki
İmage when Akainu kill ace he use haki, if not i would have gone pas right trough ace and kill luffy (Fire is not a solid substance so you can't touch it like if it was a rock you would pass right trough it)

anyway magma and ice cancel each other:

Thought I am not sure in equals quantities... I think in equal quantities magma wins 8|

and in this battle both have infinite amount of ice and magma , so i think Akainu have the advantage....

anyway is true that normally magma is hotter that fire but fire can get hotter than magma... Magma in the core of the earth reaches temperatures of 2,400 F. Hotter flame can reach 3,645 F.

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2014 09:52 PM by GOMU.)
08-06-2014 09:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
AdventureKing Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Pirate"

95,405,530฿

Achievements

Akainu did not use Armament Haki on Ace, just his magma only, because he knew his magma is superior to fire. They lasted so long because they expended all of their vast stamina that is normal for the One Piece universe. Ace vs Jinbe were two Warlord-level opponents at the time who fought for five days. The more powerful characters, these two Admirals fought for ten days, because they had much more stamina.

09-27-2014 05:51 AM
CodeZero Offline
Vice Admirals
World Nobles
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Murahebi - Violet Snake"

1,397,432,570฿

Achievements

(08-06-2014 09:50 PM)GOMU Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 02:01 AM)Kaiser Wrote:  We know the battle lasted for 10 days but it's not directly stated that it was an equal battle. I think that they didn't just fight for 10 days straight, they must have talked a lot in order to stop the opponent of wanting the Fleet Admiral position.
As for the battle itself, Haki is already the answer. Both have much endurance and both used Haki all the time. In the end, the one with less endurance couldn't keep his Haki level and lost the fight.
We do know it was an equal fight, because Jinbe mentioned that both men were seriously wounded.

And about Haki: We havent seen Logia attacks with Haki yet. The fact that Punk Hazard was changed drastically in appearance, shows that both were using their Logia powers with outmost intensity. We could theorize about Haki embedded Logia attacks now, or how Logia users are able to avoid Haki.

Akainu was unwounded after Haki embedded attacks by Vista and Marco. There is quite a lot mystery left for me.

İmage when Akainu kill ace he use haki, if not i would have gone pas right trough ace and kill luffy (Fire is not a solid substance so you can't touch it like if it was a rock you would pass right trough it)

Thought I am not sure in equals quantities... I think in equal quantities magma wins 8|

and in this battle both have infinite amount of ice and magma , so i think Akainu have the advantage....

anyway is true that normally magma is hotter that fire but fire can get hotter than magma... Magma in the core of the earth reaches temperatures of 2,400 F. Hotter flame can reach 3,645 F.

Like what @AdventureKing said, Akainu didn't use Haki in order to kill Ace. Or at the very least he didn't need to. If you can remember the scene, then you should remember that Akainu was aiming for Luffy. If Akainu wasn't using Haki, it would went through Ace like you said. But what would be stopping it from hitting Luffy? Ace's body was the only thing stopping it from hitting Luffy. That could only mean that Ace purposely materialised his body to physically stop Akainu's attack.

09-27-2014 07:43 AM
ShrekLovesAll Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"The Doge of Antartica."

75,009,600฿

Achievements

Like @wonkzninesix said, in One piece Film Z we saw Aokiji stopping some kind of rock that came out of a volcano, and it looked as if he had used his ice to create some kind of barrier and make the rock literally disappear. If Aokiji is able to stop a rock that just came out of a volcano with ICE then his ice has to be very powerful. So I imagine something like what happened in Film Z where he uses his ice to try and be defensive and create some kind of very strong Ice barrier to defend against Akainu's magma.

09-27-2014 10:17 PM
NatsuFirefox Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Newbie"

300,500฿

Well experienced Logia can turn into their element before the attack hits to bypass the whole attack.

09-28-2014 02:27 AM
CodeZero Offline
Vice Admirals
World Nobles
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Murahebi - Violet Snake"

1,397,432,570฿

Achievements

(09-28-2014 02:27 AM)NatsuFirefox Wrote:  Well experienced Logia can turn into their element before the attack hits to bypass the whole attack.

Yeah, but you still have to remember that there's most definitely going to be Haki involved.

09-28-2014 03:42 AM
AdventureKing Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Pirate"

95,405,530฿

Achievements

(09-27-2014 07:43 AM)CodeZero Wrote:  
(08-06-2014 09:50 PM)GOMU Wrote:  

Like what @AdventureKing said, Akainu didn't use Haki in order to kill Ace. Or at the very least he didn't need to. If you can remember the scene, then you should remember that Akainu was aiming for Luffy. If Akainu wasn't using Haki, it would went through Ace like you said. But what would be stopping it from hitting Luffy? Ace's body was the only thing stopping it from hitting Luffy. That could only mean that Ace purposely materialised his body to physically stop Akainu's attack.

(09-27-2014 10:17 PM)ShrekLovesAll Wrote:  Like @wonkzninesix said, in One piece Film Z we saw Aokiji stopping some kind of rock that came out of a volcano, and it looked as if he had used his ice to create some kind of barrier and make the rock literally disappear. If Aokiji is able to stop a rock that just came out of a volcano with ICE then his ice has to be very powerful. So I imagine something like what happened in Film Z where he uses his ice to try and be defensive and create some kind of very strong Ice barrier to defend against Akainu's magma.

(09-28-2014 03:42 AM)CodeZero Wrote:  
(09-28-2014 02:27 AM)NatsuFirefox Wrote:  Well experienced Logia can turn into their element before the attack hits to bypass the whole attack.

Yeah, but you still have to remember that there's most definitely going to be Haki involved.

Truth. Ace was physical when the magma attack struck. Aokiji could have done that throughout the battle. Mastery of a Logia Devil Fruit can let you do that. Armor Haki may or may not have played a part since both of them were near death.

Honestly, I think they were equal. The match was a draw. Aokiji couldn't kill Akainu and Akainu couldn't kill Aokiji. The latter may be deemed illogical, but Aokiji was able to resist a superior Devil Fruit when he went all-out bringing out its full capacity. Both were near-death and barely conscious. I doubt that Akainu could have killed Aokiji because he would have fallen unconscious if he tried to use that last bit of strength to kill him and vice-versa if Aokiji tried to do the same.

09-28-2014 08:02 PM
DarkPanther Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Amateur Pirate"

2,083,100฿

Achievements

First time aokiji gets serious and put up some steroids so he can last for 10 days against akainu.;)

fight was going both side equally. aokiji think there was only one enemy on the island who was akainu.

both player switches their places.(aokiji went on lava side and akainu in ice)

aokiji jumped to attack akainu and mysterious dragon bite of his leg from behind.XDD

akainu didnt want to fight player who drops his guard easily and shows mercy.:(

after effect

akainu orders aokiji to find one piece and keep track on BB , underworld and revolutionary.:x

or aokiji cuts his leg and gift it to BB to join his pirate crew.XDD

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2014 02:45 PM by DarkPanther.)
10-11-2014 01:42 PM
Psycho Zoro Offline
King's Crew
Threads:
Crew:
CR Riders 

"The God Of Orientation"

306,016,010฿

Achievements

Just recently i realized that Aokiji should be able to use yet another technique (besides the Haki icicle throwing thing..) that should give him an advantage towards other non-solid Logia users such as Akainu.

To be honest, the character Esdeath from Akame ga Kill inspired me for this. Just like Aokiji this woman can create ice out of nowhere. She has a technique where she lets ice grow from her hand at incredible speed, allowing her to hit opponents at a far away distance with a sort of "ice spear". During that attack that "ice spear" is always connected to her hand.

So we can imagine it as a combination of Gin´s Zanpakuto and Aokiji´s Devil Fruit. Gin lets his sword grow longer at incredible speed to hit opponents at a far away distance, just like Esdeath does with her ice spear. Now imagine Aokiji doing the same. Due to the fact that the ice spear or his ice sword would still be connected to his arm, he could coat it in Haki and thus easily stab a Logia user from a save distance. He can even change the form of this ice spear at all times, as it is connected to his hand. In that sense it would be stronger and more effective than the "icicle throwing technique" although it is roughly the same system.

I imagine this to be very annoying to rather slow and tanky opponents such as Akainu. So this might be another aspect to the question as to how Aokiji managed to hold his ground against Akainu for 10 days. It´s just a thought anyway.

12-17-2014 01:50 AM
WizManAngry Online
Threads:
Crew:

"Reddo D. Doragon"

133,977,270฿

Achievements

yeah i really did question this fight too, at first i was like how the heck did Aokiji make this an equal fight and fight for so long? But when haki was introduced, i thought Aoki used full haki. Also even though magma can melt ice, i think Aoki used more tactics to lend some hits.

12-17-2014 02:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One Piece Battles That Should Have Happened Or Been Shown Salamander 58 3,679 09-21-2016 02:35 AM
Last Post: Kanary Grek
  One Piece Characters You Want To See Go All Out In Battle RaisedPhoenix 45 3,960 05-02-2016 12:10 AM
Last Post: Ape

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)