Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

Today's Chapters: One Punch Man | Tokyo Ghoul:re

One Piece [Battle Theory] Akainu vs. Aokiji - What happened?
lorenor Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Humanitys strongest Soldier"

55,761,590฿

Achievements
RE: [Battle Theory] Akainu vs. Aokiji - What happened?

I imagine it a bit like the fight between anakin and obi wan, talking and fighting in the beginning and going all berzerk in the end. What if aokiji was chilling around on the ocean attacking akainu from distance, waiting for akainu to get exhausted. When he seemed like he was, aokiji went to him and tried to finish him, akainu isn't as weak as expected, both try to win no matter what, hurting each other badly. Akainu has more luck or more endurance and claims win.

My smile was taken long ago, if I can change I hope I`ll never know
02-17-2014 03:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Yellow Flash Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"The Flash"

222,380,857฿

Achievements

Idk..maybe his hatred towards Akainu??

03-10-2014 08:14 AM
Gobee129 Online
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Kigarashi - Yellow Lion"

3,225,177,993฿

Achievements

(03-10-2014 08:14 AM)Yellow Flash Wrote:  Idk..maybe his hatred towards Akainu??

I dont think he "hates" Akainu. If something would drive Aokiji, it would be his sense of justice, his attitude to fight for what he believes to be "good for the world". Being driven by hatred doesnt suit Aokiji^^

03-13-2014 11:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Psycho Zoro Offline
King's Crew
Threads:
Crew:
CR Riders 

"The God Of Orientation"

306,016,010฿

Achievements

Well, if its actually true that haki is only applicable to solid things but not to fluids, then Aokiji would be able to use haki long range attacks. For example by forming an icicle, or many small ice splinters. Obvious advantage for Aokiji don't you think?

That could explain why Aokiji could keep the fight "equal", at least for starters. The fight might have been a game of cat-and-mouse, in which Aokiji (who is faster than Akainu) ran around and fired his long range attacks at Akainu. Unfortunately, his haki wasn't strong enough to seriously hurt Akainu, and since this tactic obviously wastes a lot of Energy (in comparison to Akainu, who just stood around receiving very low damage constantly), he went out of fuel and got finally defeated... I guess that could be one possible explanation.

And sure, Akainu is a merciless f*cker, but if its actually true that he spared Aokijis life, why couldn't it be that he actually took things "easy" on him in the first place! I mean obviously this was a serious fight in every case, but maybe he didn't go ALL out...

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2014 10:44 PM by Psycho Zoro.)
03-14-2014 12:37 AM
marljayson Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Junior Pirate"

26,625,800฿

Achievements

(03-14-2014 12:37 AM)Psycho Zoro Wrote:  Well, if its actually true that haki is only applicable to solid things but not to fluids, then Aokiji would be able to use haki long range attacks. For example by forming an icicle, or many small ice splinters. Obvious advantage for Akainu don't you think?

That could explain why Aokiji could keep the fight "equal", at least for starters. The fight might have been a game of cat-and-mouse, in which Aokiji (who is faster than Akainu) ran around and fired his long range attacks at Akainu. Unfortunately, his haki wasn't strong enough to seriously hurt Akainu, and since this tactic obviously wastes a lot of Energy (in comparison to Akainu, who just stood around receiving very low damage constantly), he went out of fuel and got finally defeated... I guess that could be one possible explanation.

And sure, Akainu is a merciless f*cker, but if its actually true that he spared Aokijis life, why couldn't it be that he actually took things "easy" on him in the first place! I mean obviously this was a serious fight in every case, but maybe he didn't go ALL out...

it muust be..that's the very least(perhaps there's other way) aokiji can do to survive on akainu in a 10 days fight..

but when looking at the PH..
we see the island is divided from 2 parts(the ice/snowy part and the fire/burning part)..i think this is a close fight battle(a fist-to-fist fight perhaps) at the center of the island..or a long range fight like aokiji vs ace but i doubt about it..hahaha..but how did this fight ended up in 10 days(or maybe less)? im thinking..maybe they just dont fight..talking also..talking while fighting makes the battle longer.. XDD.. just my thought

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2014 12:07 PM by marljayson.)
03-14-2014 02:54 AM
wonkzninesix Offline
World Nobles
Threads:
Crew:

"Valar Morghulis"

471,693,646฿

Achievements

sure Akainu has huge advantage in DF user fight..but do not forget, it's One Piece and everything can happen..

we saw (in One Piece movie tho) that Aokiji was able to stop a huge magma that come out from an eruption of volcano it's nature and it's a real deal..Akainu power sure to be one of the greatest logia, but again if we saw Aokiji did to nature of course he has equal chance to win just like Akainu..

the both wounded seriously right? the only reason (alongside DF and Haki) Akainu could win the battle is because his intention was too great than Aokiji's. Akainu really wanted to be Fleet Admiral with so many ambition he has while Aokiji (sure he wanted that title too) didn't know if he fit with that title or no..it come into a battle because Aokiji didn't agree Akainu to be an Admiral, so he tried to stop it..

i think it's a different story if Aokiji's ambition was great too, maybe he could win the battle..(that's my opinion)

03-14-2014 05:08 AM
Gobee129 Online
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

3,225,177,993฿

Achievements

(03-14-2014 12:37 AM)Psycho Zoro Wrote:  And sure, Akainu is a merciless f*cker, but if its actually true that he spared Aokijis life, why couldn't it be that he actually took things "easy" on him in the first place! I mean obviously this was a serious fight in every case, but maybe he didn't go ALL out...

Pretty sure he went all out, because

a) the island changed dramatically to their Logia abilities
b) Jinbe said BOTH men received serious injuries.

03-19-2014 10:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Psycho Zoro Offline
King's Crew
Threads:
Crew:
CR Riders 

"The God Of Orientation"

306,016,010฿

Achievements

(03-19-2014 10:43 PM)Gobee129 Wrote:  
(03-14-2014 12:37 AM)Psycho Zoro Wrote:  And sure, Akainu is a merciless f*cker, but if its actually true that he spared Aokijis life, why couldn't it be that he actually took things "easy" on him in the first place! I mean obviously this was a serious fight in every case, but maybe he didn't go ALL out...

Yeah, i too think he went all out, most likely... Just checkin possibilities, its really tough to answer the question how Aokiji could keep the fight equal

The point about Aokijis advantage due to "long range haki" would still work though, right? Only if our "theory" about the boundaries of armament haki is true of course ^^ Thats the only legit reason i could think of that isn't really far fetched.

I mean there are some other points, like Aokiji being faster or having superior control over his DF n´stuff, but thats all just...meh... You know?

03-19-2014 10:52 PM
giannis6030 Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Advanced Pirate"

120,772,180฿

Achievements

I think aokiji stayed on the defensive that is why he got all those wounds....akainu was so full of himself that let aokiji loose so he then.showed his true power...after that a mental fight based on the terain and their phychological state ...there thewinner was aokiji....so after that aokiji thought it was over....akainu sucker punches kuzan....after that they both went all out ...aokiji because of his anger and
akainu because he wanted that bad to win

03-19-2014 11:42 PM
Gobee129 Online
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

3,225,177,993฿

Achievements

(03-19-2014 10:52 PM)Psycho Zoro Wrote:  
(03-19-2014 10:43 PM)Gobee129 Wrote:  

Yeah, i too think he went all out, most likely... Just checkin possibilities, its really tough to answer the question how Aokiji could keep the fight equal

The point about Aokijis advantage due to "long range haki" would still work though, right? Only if our "theory" about the boundaries of armament haki is true of course ^^ Thats the only legit reason i could think of that isn't really far fetched.

I mean there are some other points, like Aokiji being faster or having superior control over his DF n´stuff, but thats all just...meh... You know?

Well Aokiji could form an ice spear, put Haki on it, and throw it at Akainu (similar to a Kuja arrow), but would that be effective? Akainu could make a wall out of magma in front of him, block this spear to some good portion. It's really difficult.. I wish Oda would give a flashback :P

03-20-2014 12:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One Piece Battles That Should Have Happened Or Been Shown Salamander 58 3,682 09-21-2016 02:35 AM
Last Post: Kanary Grek
  One Piece Characters You Want To See Go All Out In Battle RaisedPhoenix 45 3,972 05-02-2016 12:10 AM
Last Post: Ape

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)