Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

Today's Chapters: Tokyo Ghoul:re

One Piece [Battle Theory] Akainu vs. Aokiji - What happened?
Gobee129 Online
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Kigarashi - Yellow Lion"

3,197,770,393฿

Achievements
[Battle Theory] Akainu vs. Aokiji - What happened?

Alright guys, let's talk about this fight. I do NOT wanna hear "Who would win?", because we all know the result of this fight!
I wanna talk about what happened during their fight. We have seen nothing from this fight whatsoever... Oda hasn't revealed anything about it yet, except for reason & result, but no "footage" or flashbacks in the manga/anime!

Here is what we know:
Spoiler :
Aokiji strongly opposed Akainu becoming fleet admiral and fought him for the position. They battled on Punk Hazard, with the fight lasting for 10 days. According to Smoker, the battle between these two was so ferocious that it literally changed the weather on Punk Hazard.
Akainu ended up as the winner (albeit both men were seriously wounded), but had sympathy enough to spare Aokiji's life, because they were comrades.
Kuzan received several burn scars spanning from the right side of his neck down to his entire right shoulder and onto his torso. His right hand is also heavily scarred and most noticeably he's lost part of his left leg, for which he now wears a prosthesis made of ice formed from his Devil Fruit ability.
Afterwards, Aokiji resigned from the Marines, not wanting to work under Sakazuki. (- Source: OP Wikia)

What happened when they were fighting?
Spoiler :
From a scientific point of view, this fight should have been over in less than 10 days. Magma is hotter than Fire, Akainu said this was the reason he could burn and eventually kill Ace.
Now Magma should be even hotter than Ice, right? Akainu should have had a huge advantage when it comes to Devil Fruit abilities!!! But both were near death at the end of their fight...

Their Haki skill:
Spoiler :
We know both can use Haki (altho we dont know which sorts of Haki precisely). Regarding Akakinu's huge advantage in DF powers, Aokiji must have had a huge advantage in Haki powers to make this fight even. But I am not convinced at all, that Akainu's Haki is so inferior to Aokiji's. Quite the contrary: Akainu is one of the major antagonist in the story. I'm assuming his Haki is very, very impressive.

Their Awakening:
Spoiler :
It is probable that those 2 top tier and highly skilled / experienced characters have awakened their Devil Fruits and made use of these powers during their fight, after all they went all out against each other. Furthermore, it is possible that Oda did not show us the fight because the Admirals used new powers / techniques we didn't know yet (at that time), like e.g. Awakening, which was introduced later, and maybe even more than just Awakening. It makes sense to think Devil Fruit Awakening played a big role in their fight.

So considering all these points: How was Aokiji able to make this an equal fight?

Share your opinion please.

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2016 12:51 PM by Gobee129.)
01-02-2014 04:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 2 users Like Gobee129's post:
ayoubluffy (04-26-2015), Rudraksh Khare (06-12-2015)
Kaiser Offline
World Nobles
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:

"One Man With One Heart"

485,341,420฿

Achievements
RE: [Battle Theory] Akainu vs. Aokiji - What happened?

We know the battle lasted for 10 days but it's not directly stated that it was an equal battle. I think that they didn't just fight for 10 days straight, they must have talked a lot in order to stop the opponent of wanting the Fleet Admiral position.
As for the battle itself, Haki is already the answer. Both have much endurance and both used Haki all the time. In the end, the one with less endurance couldn't keep his Haki level and lost the fight.

01-04-2014 02:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Gobee129 Online
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

3,197,770,393฿

Achievements

(01-04-2014 02:01 AM)Kaiser Wrote:  We know the battle lasted for 10 days but it's not directly stated that it was an equal battle. I think that they didn't just fight for 10 days straight, they must have talked a lot in order to stop the opponent of wanting the Fleet Admiral position.
As for the battle itself, Haki is already the answer. Both have much endurance and both used Haki all the time. In the end, the one with less endurance couldn't keep his Haki level and lost the fight.
We do know it was an equal fight, because Jinbe mentioned that both men were seriously wounded.

And about Haki: We havent seen Logia attacks with Haki yet. The fact that Punk Hazard was changed drastically in appearance, shows that both were using their Logia powers with outmost intensity. We could theorize about Haki embedded Logia attacks now, or how Logia users are able to avoid Haki.

Akainu was unwounded after Haki embedded attacks by Vista and Marco. There is quite a lot mystery left for me.

01-10-2014 01:16 AM
Jesus Offline
Instructors
World Nobles
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Fujipanda - Purple Panda"

9,611,600฿

Achievements

There are many factors. The island - Punk Hazzard. As we saw in the Punk Hazzard Arc its a tricky island. Many places to go many tunnels, holes etc. So this said I do not think this was a face to face duel. There was much scheming, strategies and counter movement. So Lava should Melt Kuzan's ice. But using the island and a shield going in tunnels attacking from blind spots.
Akainu is quite a bruit. Big body - all power not that much aggility. Kuzan is tricky. In my oppinion if they would clash head on this would be 10 minute fight. But the island made the island stall. That was the reason Akainu got beat up bad.

Also, I'm pretty sure, that Akainu sucker punched him after being out witted in battle by Kuzan, who just came to say farwells and that he just wanted to prove a point to show who was better and that the pure power is not everything. Then Akainu sucker attacks him from behind ( thats the lost leg we saw in the movie) Akainu goes back to Marineford telling that he is the victor. Kuzan left for dead moves on after escaping with inch of his life.
Now he just is a silent guardian. We will see him soon in the present Arc.

Hang loose,
A.

01-10-2014 01:33 AM
The following 1 user Likes Jesus's post:
bluephoenix (06-11-2015)
Bradiel Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Beard of D"

16,584,400฿

Achievements

I don't know if i should say that. If it's like that it's an insane power.
Just we should think about what temperature can Aokiji reach.
Very low temperature can slow and even stop things from moving. It's not the best explanation, but if Aokiji was able to slow Akainu and his attacks it's a pretty impressive move.

01-10-2014 01:45 AM
Gobee129 Online
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

3,197,770,393฿

Achievements

(01-10-2014 01:45 AM)Bradiel Wrote:  I don't know if i should say that. If it's like that it's an insane power.
Just we should think about what temperature can Aokiji reach.
Very low temperature can slow and even stop things from moving. It's not the best explanation, but if Aokiji was able to slow Akainu and his attacks it's a pretty impressive move.
Yeah like I suggested in the opening thread, scientifically speaking, this fight doesnt make much sense, or to be more precise, the duration of the fight (10 days) doesnt make much sense.

0K or -273,15°C is the "coldest" temperature possbile, while Magma reaches from 700 till 1250 °C. Akainu was able to touch/hurt Ace, because Magma was hotter than fire. With this logic, he would be able to touch Aokiji with closed eyes and hands tied on his back! (You get my point)

And Haki: The difference in Haki cant be that huge.

@Jesus: A sneaky fight? I doubt this, because Punk Hazard was changed so much by their fight. Not just the ground, but also the sky: The weather on Punk hazard changed due to their fight. This indicates a huge direct clash of both Logia powers.

For me, it just looks like Oda ignored real life physics, and made Aokiji's ice "as cold, as Akainu's magma is hot"...

01-10-2014 03:30 AM
Wil D. Banana Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Advanced Pirate"

104,026,860฿

Achievements

I'm thinking that Akainu is more on the offensive side because of his aggressive personality. And, Kuzan is more on the defensive then throwing sure shot attacks when the chance is given. That's how the battle lasted.

01-26-2014 09:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Heavenly Yaksha Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Joker"

300,735,800฿

Achievements

Magma isn't fast at all... If Aokiji used Ice Spears/Swords against him, I don't think he would be able to defend himself much, thus he would take some damage.

01-26-2014 01:24 PM
ArioBarzan Away
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Tsugehige 

"Supernova"

994,895,878฿

Achievements

We know akainu would do anything for his justice so might not have fought fairly. In the one piece film Z, aokiji is shown without a leg and an arm. Now sth fishy about that. If aokiji and akainu have fought for ten days( which shows how close they are in case of power), aokiji must have lost his leg and arm around the end because if he had lost it in an earlier stage, the fight wouldnt have lasted so far. Unless aokiji was far stronger than akainu and that would slightly deny the fact that akainu took aokiji's arm and leg or proves that akainu used some sorta trick to take the foot and leg out but then again I highly doubt aokiji being that much stronger.
So, we can conclude that aokiji lost his leg and arm near the end. Now, the wierd part about that is that taking someone's leg and arm (not just anyone, an admiral) is not an easy task and requires a lot of strength But near the end, Both guys would have been tired and so akainu shouldnt have been able to take the leg and arm and their fight should have ended with less damage done to aokiji. OR it could be that akainu eighter used some trickery to beat ao OR that akainu has a very very very more stable stamina which in such a fight, If that were to be, the fight would have ended earlier.(If Akainu could pull sth so big near the end, then he must have been able to preserve a great deal of strength and that would mean that he could have beat Ao after he slowly lost his stamina in earlier stages of the fight.)

consequently, Aokiji and akainu's fight and its result are way fishy and I think that doesnt determine a thing.

01-26-2014 03:08 PM
KurohashiSanji Offline
Threads:
Crew:
Warriors 

"Senior Pirate"

1,368,663,300฿

Achievements

I´m sure Aokiji is mastered his DF in battle.His Ice is so strong and thick it can actually fight Magma if he commits to do it,not like that thing against Ace that clearly was used to say "uooooooh Ace is strong" and nothing more.

Akainu´s Haki must be stronger than Aokiji´s but he is not that good using his DF as Aokiji.

01-30-2014 02:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One Piece Battles That Should Have Happened Or Been Shown Salamander 58 3,676 09-21-2016 02:35 AM
Last Post: Kanary Grek
  One Piece Characters You Want To See Go All Out In Battle RaisedPhoenix 45 3,955 05-02-2016 12:10 AM
Last Post: Ape

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)