Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

One Piece 2.7) Rumor: Brook cannot die
Death Hunter Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Silver Demon"

11,282,100฿

Achievements
RE: 2.7) Rumor: Brook cannot die

So is Brook immortal? (by immortal I mean age-less or not dying from old age)

08-08-2014 02:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
CodeZero Offline
Vice Admirals
World Nobles
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Murahebi - Violet Snake"

1,399,402,770฿

Achievements

(08-08-2014 01:29 AM)Gobee129 Wrote:  
(08-07-2014 06:46 AM)CodeZero Wrote:  I have never said that his soul is what's keeping Brook alive, I said it was his Devil Fruit power (even though it doesn't make much difference, there's still a difference).

Aside from that, your 'proof' is quite questionable.

I'll provide you with another quote, but this time, from the Devil Fruit wiki page:
"Brook was also seen slowly losing his strength as the water levels in the floods the Ryugu Palace, demonstrating that being in contact with the sea does not instantly rob their strength unless it reaches a certain level."

Just because a Devil Fruit User is in contact with water, doesn't mean that they have their abilities nullified instantly. Just look at Luffy during the Arlong Park Arc. He was still able to stretch despite his head being the only thing above the water. To me it seems like, being completely submerged underwater would be the only thing that would cause Devil Fruit Users to lose their abilities (but even then, it would only happen after a certain time lapse).

Otherwise, if just any amount of water would negate the abilities of Devil Fruit Users, spitting would be a pretty good tactic. XDD

It's not at all. Losing strength is exactly what I said:

(08-06-2014 04:18 PM)Gobee129 Wrote:  Kairoseki mirrors the effects of water (Oda confirmed it can be any kind of water, not just seawater). If Brook takes a deep bath, he would die according to you, since the water would paralyze Brook, making him unable to use his DF, thus the soul would be unable to support his life -> death.

I know that the DF ability is not "gone", but the user cannot use it anymore either. I have a pretty good hang on how this works by now, as seen in my previous post. Brook will not die, no matter what you do to him. He can only die by getting his bones' crushed or probably when his second lifespan reaches an end as well (tho that's just a guess).

Brook getting paralyzed is not the same as him losing his abilities. That's just him getting weaker. o_o

(08-07-2014 05:56 PM)Chopper Wrote:  
(08-07-2014 06:46 AM)CodeZero Wrote:  I have never said that his soul is what's keeping Brook alive, I said it was his Devil Fruit power (even though it doesn't make much difference, there's still a difference).

Aside from that, your 'proof' is quite questionable.

I'll provide you with another quote, but this time, from the Devil Fruit wiki page:
"Brook was also seen slowly losing his strength as the water levels in the floods the Ryugu Palace, demonstrating that being in contact with the sea does not instantly rob their strength unless it reaches a certain level."

Man, it says strength, not DF ability.Strength here means physical strength and as I understand seawater or any other kind of water will just weaken DF users' strength, not weaken the DF ability.

Being in contact with waters will never make Brook lose his DF ability.Same with Luffy's head being in water in fight with Arlong, he still able to use his DF very well.But it weaken Luffy's strength a lil' bit.But if you got completely drown then you won't be able to move at all but your DF powers are still available to be use but since you can't move, it doesn't matter at all.

If that's really the case, then seawater would not be much of an issue to most of the Logias.

Akainu/Ace --> being underwater, if they could still use their abilities, they can just evaporate the water/propel themselves away.
Kizaru --> he'd be able to move out of it (probably not at the same speed, but he'd still be able to move)
Aokiji --> freeze the water and then phase through it
Smoker --> make himself puffy and then float to the top

How could that ever be the case? If seawater is a known weakness to Devil Fruit Users, then there's no way that being completely submerged underwater would not rob them of their Devil Fruit abilities, in addition to their strength.

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2014 02:50 AM by CodeZero.)
08-08-2014 02:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Gobee129 Online
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Kigarashi - Yellow Lion"

3,211,368,093฿

Achievements

(08-08-2014 02:35 AM)CodeZero Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 01:29 AM)Gobee129 Wrote:  It's not at all. Losing strength is exactly what I said:

(08-06-2014 04:18 PM)Gobee129 Wrote:  Kairoseki mirrors the effects of water (Oda confirmed it can be any kind of water, not just seawater). If Brook takes a deep bath, he would die according to you, since the water would paralyze Brook, making him unable to use his DF, thus the soul would be unable to support his life -> death.

I know that the DF ability is not "gone", but the user cannot use it anymore either. I have a pretty good hang on how this works by now, as seen in my previous post. Brook will not die, no matter what you do to him. He can only die by getting his bones' crushed or probably when his second lifespan reaches an end as well (tho that's just a guess).

Brook getting paralyzed is not the same as him losing his abilities. That's just him getting weaker. o_o

Dude... Didnt I just say exactly that? Do u read my post? :/

"I know that the DF ability is not "gone", but the user cannot use it anymore either."

He gets paralyzed, he cannot use it! It's still there, the ability is not gone, but still he is paralzyed and cannot use it. That's the exact same thing as getting weaker. When Luffy drowns or touches Kairoseki (e.g. in Alabasta in Croco's cage), he loses his strength, he gets paralzyed, he cannot use his ability anymore, even tho it's still there. Why do you write "Brook getting paralyzed is not the same as him losing his abilities. That's just him getting weaker. o_o"? We already answered that question and you ask it again...

When did I ever say it's the same as losing his abilities? I even said "I know that the DF ability is not "gone"".^^ I should have locked this thread after our pacemaker convo, which was still top quality. :P These FAQ are all simple facts, there is no arguing. Your pacemaker idea about Brook was nice, but I already disproved it.

Maybe we have a different understanding of this whole paralyzing/weakened DF state thing, doesnt really matter. What matters is that u said getting touched by Kairoseki or BB would kill Brook, and you said getting touched by water wouldnt. That's inconsistent. (?)

1.) Water and Kairoseki are the exact same thing. I dont know why you make such a difference between them. You can make a difference between e.g. BB, Haki and Water/Kairoseki, but not between water & Kairoseki themselves. Proof:

OP Wiki: "It was stated by Vice Admiral Smoker that Seastone "gives off a wavelength that is the same as the sea itself" making him refer to it as a solid form of the sea." -> Seastone = Water ;)

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2016 11:25 PM by Gobee129.)
08-08-2014 02:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One Piece 3.6) Rumor: Kizaru Was Scared Of Benn Beckman Gobee129 11 4,754 09-10-2016 07:56 PM
Last Post: Dex
  One Piece 3.2) Rumor: Law is Sabo Gobee129 17 2,521 08-31-2016 12:30 AM
Last Post: pandapugger22
  One Piece 2.12) Rumor: Only Seawater Weakens Devil Fruit Users & Water Weakens On First Touch Gobee129 10 1,782 08-31-2016 12:29 AM
  One Piece 2.2) Rumor: Jozu is a Logia user Gobee129 8 1,330 08-30-2016 11:05 PM
  One Piece 2.8) Rumor: Shiki ate the Gravity Devil Fruit Gobee129 8 1,519 08-30-2016 10:53 PM
  One Piece 2.4) Rumor: Momonosuke ate the Zoan Devil Fruit Type: Dragon Gobee129 8 2,155 08-30-2016 10:50 PM
  One Piece 3.9) Rumor: The Whitebeard Commanders Are Ranked By Strength Gobee129 7 1,659 08-30-2016 10:45 PM
  One Piece 2.11) Rumor: People Can Share 1 Devil Fruit & You Need To Eat The Whole Devil Fruit Gobee129 4 1,204 08-30-2016 09:22 PM
  One Piece 3.5) Rumor: Absalom is the mystery journalist Abusa/Absa Gobee129 11 3,707 08-30-2016 09:06 PM
  One Piece 2.9) Rumor: Caesar’s pet Slime/Smiley ate some kind of Toxic Gas Devil Fruit Gobee129 5 1,329 08-30-2016 08:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)