Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

Poll: What Did You Think Of This Week's Chapter?
Great
Good
Okay
Lame
Show Results
Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 217 - Where The Heart Is
Sasuke Online
Admirals
Supernova
Threads:

"Noukonhou - Blue Phoenix"

1,927,765,100฿

Achievements
Chapter 217 - Where The Heart Is

The Seven Deadly Sins Chapter 217 is out!

Due to copyright issues, we're not allowed to link the unofficial Manga translation sites.

What did you think of this week's chapter?

Don't forget to rate the chapter on the poll. :)

(This post was last modified: 05-24-2017 09:51 PM by Ghost.)
05-13-2017 10:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Sasuke Online
Admirals
Supernova
Threads:

"Noukonhou - Blue Phoenix"

1,927,765,100฿

Achievements
RE: Chapter 217 - Where The Heart Is

Considering what we saw from this chapter, I must say, the meeting of the sins was nice and the bits with King & his wings were pretty hilarious. Plus it was pretty good to see that Bartra had Gowther's heart in his possession and after seeing Gowther run away from the the mere sight of it, I wonder just what will happen when he has to come into contact with it again.

Also on a side note, I will admit, the bit at the end with Diane drop kicking Gowther was alright as well. Overall I'd say this was an okay chapter.

05-14-2017 12:18 AM
HzJz Online
Shichibukai
King's Crew
Threads:

"Vowelless Pirate"

438,427,900฿

Achievements

A lot of stuff doesn't make a lick of sense given previous events and moments in the series. Starting with King and Mel.

I will say that I'm not too mad about Mel not acknowledging King's apology at the moment because I don't think this is it's conclusion (at least, I hope not) and I liked that Ban and Mel genuinely seemed happy to see him and Diane again. We're still waiting on the reveal of what Mel said to King when he first joined to the Sins, so we have to come back to that.

Moving on. I really, really hate that line Diane keeps espousing about "hazy memories not being lost". No, Diane, you lost your goddamn memory and someone else had to give it back to you. It'd be different if she were remembering things slowly and OGowther sped up the process, but no, she lost her memory and he had to bring it back.

But speaking of Gowther, I find it funny how Mel suddenly knows of Gowther's situation now that Ban asked directly, when, in the beginning, he lied to the Sins about not knowing Gowther was a doll. I don't know if his contradictions are supposed to be a character issue or if it's an issue with the writing. If it was the former, I would think that it'd be better alluded by now, but it's just not the case. If it's the later, then I suspect it's a retroactive change in the story which, personally, I think happened a few times already in this series. Either way, it's becoming more noticeable as time goes by.

And lastly, why the hell is Escanor in his night form when it's clearly day-time? Convenience, or did Merlin do something?

Chapter was fine on it's own, but frustrating when thinking about the series as a whole as it led up to this.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention; Merlin didn't know Gowther had emotions before and didn't know about the Heart Magic. I am starting to wonder if she even knew he was a Commandment. She is more clueless than I thought she'd be.

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2017 02:57 AM by HzJz.)
05-14-2017 02:56 AM
Slither Offline
Threads:

"Junior Pirate"

28,055,600฿

Achievements

good chapter; the dynamic between the sins is pleasant to read; king is growing into a really good character

05-15-2017 09:41 PM
Kanary Grek Offline
Vice Admirals
Supernova
World Nobles
Threads:

"Kurikitsu - Maroon Fox"

339,796,300฿

Achievements

The reunion was nice and the reaction to King's wings was too.
I agree with Hz and another thing that doesn't make sense is now they can't feel Gowther's presence, because he's a doll, but during the Kingdom Infiltration arc, if I remember correctly, they could feel Gowther's presence: both the Sins and the Holy Knights.
Diane's dropkick in the end XDD

05-15-2017 09:57 PM
Ghost Away
Vice Admirals
Supernova
World Nobles
Threads:

"Midorasu - Green Raven"

1,561,982,700฿

Achievements

Well the chapter was okay, I guess. It was nice to see them all together again, and hopefully it will stay that way.
And King trying to apologize was nice. The wing part was a bit fun.

Then we have Dianes talk about her memory and just like HzJz said it bothered me a bit. I understand what the author wanted, like you can never lose your memories, you may forget them but they will always be with you and therefore you act in a certain way and stuff. It's romantic or something, but her words just don't make sense. But I guess I just let it slip by.

But I hated the part that the king had the heart, it irritated me. It was waaaay to convenient. Just hate when stuff like that happens, and I felt like it wasn't even a good reason for it.

And Gowthers reaction, well not sure what I think of it, especially since he don't even understands why. But guess I have to by that too.

Dianes kick in the end was kind of fun.

And yeah over all, the chapter was okay, but I wasn't to happy with it.

05-19-2017 03:01 PM
HzJz Online
Shichibukai
King's Crew
Threads:

"Vowelless Pirate"

438,427,900฿

Achievements

(05-19-2017 03:01 PM)Ghost Wrote:  But I hated the part that the king had the heart, it irritated me. It was waaaay to convenient. Just hate when stuff like that happens, and I felt like it wasn't even a good reason for it.

Why is that convenient? Considering how Gowther was trying to implant his heart into Nadja's dead body, it would be weird for Bartra to not know where it was.

05-19-2017 03:21 PM
Ghost Away
Vice Admirals
Supernova
World Nobles
Threads:

"Midorasu - Green Raven"

1,561,982,700฿

Achievements

(05-19-2017 03:21 PM)HzJz Wrote:  
(05-19-2017 03:01 PM)Ghost Wrote:  But I hated the part that the king had the heart, it irritated me. It was waaaay to convenient. Just hate when stuff like that happens, and I felt like it wasn't even a good reason for it.

Why is that convenient? Considering how Gowther was trying to implant his heart into Nadja's dead body, it would be weird for Bartra to not know where it was.
It was more like
"we need something important"
"Oh and I just happen to have it"
"Yeah then we don't need to search for it"

It felt a bit like that I think. And it also felt like a very strange thing to keep. I don't know, I just thought it felt a bit boring.

Also how did he know that needed it? Did I miss that part or is the king like always caring it around?

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2017 04:56 PM by Ghost.)
05-19-2017 04:51 PM
HzJz Online
Shichibukai
King's Crew
Threads:

"Vowelless Pirate"

438,427,900฿

Achievements

(05-19-2017 04:51 PM)Ghost Wrote:  

It was more like

It felt a bit like that I think. And it also felt like a very strange thing to keep. I don't know, I just thought it felt a bit boring.

Also how did he know that needed it? Did I miss that part or is the king like always caring it around?

Well, it says in the chapter that he had a prophecy/vision about it.

05-19-2017 05:13 PM
Ghost Away
Vice Admirals
Supernova
World Nobles
Threads:

"Midorasu - Green Raven"

1,561,982,700฿

Achievements

(05-19-2017 05:13 PM)HzJz Wrote:  
(05-19-2017 04:51 PM)Ghost Wrote:  

It was more like

Well, it says in the chapter that he had a prophecy/vision about it.
haha wow I already forgot about that. Haha that was how upset I was about him just having it. Haha

05-19-2017 05:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 145.5 - The Naked Heart Shooter 6 1,242 12-27-2015 12:59 AM
Last Post: sweetjacky

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)