Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

Poll: Who will win the ring?
Warriors
Spurs
Celtics
Cavs
Raptors
Rockets
Wizards
Utah
Clippers
Thunder
Hawks
Bulls
Bucks
Pacers
Grizzlies
Blazers
Show Results
NBA Playoffs 2017
Fulcrum Away
Admirals
Threads:

"Toruinu - Turquoise Dog"

906,706,490฿

Achievements
NBA Playoffs 2017

The stage is set!

West:

Celtics : Bulls
Wizards : Hawks
Raptors : Bucks
Cavs : Pacers

East:

Warriors : Blazers
Clippers : Jazz
Rockets : Thunder
Spurs : Grizzlies

Excited? Matches start on 15th of April! Who will win the ring? Who will you root for?

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2017 08:33 AM by Fulcrum.)
04-13-2017 08:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:

"Kigarashi - Yellow Lion"

3,585,817,593฿

Achievements
RE: NBA Playoffs 2017

I'd like to see the Wizards, Raptors, Pacers, Spurs, or Grizzlies win it.

I'd dislike to see the Cavs win it.

I dont think I would mind any of the others win it.

West:

Celtics : Bulls
Wizards : Hawks
Raptors : Bucks
Cavs : Pacers

East:

Warriors : Blazers
Clippers : Jazz
Rockets : Thunder
Spurs : Grizzlies

I marked who I wanna see advance. Even tho in the West I would normally not root for the Warriors, Clippers, and Rockets, I just wanna see all 4 heavyweights in the next round battling each other. Rockets vs. Spurs and Warriors vs. Clippers will be great.

04-13-2017 10:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Fulcrum Away
Admirals
Threads:

906,706,490฿

Achievements

There are 3 teams I would like to see winning. Cavs cause LeBron deserves more rings. Jazz and Celtics cause they play good basketball and overall seem like a nice teams.

The only one I couldn't stand seeing on top are Warriors.

That being said it is obvious, though sadly, that Golden State has the biggest chances of winning. Then Spurs, Cavs and Celtics. Imo.

Thinking Celtics and Jazz games are gonna be the most interesting ones in this first round.

04-13-2017 01:50 PM
HzJz Offline
Shichibukai
King's Crew
Threads:

"Vowelless Pirate"

407,864,700฿

Achievements

Damn, Westbrook City Thunder is already getting eliminated on the first round...

Anyway, the Celtics won me over during the regular season, so I'll be rooting for them this playoffs as well.

04-13-2017 01:57 PM
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:

3,585,817,593฿

Achievements

(04-13-2017 01:50 PM)Fulcrum Wrote:  LeBron deserves more rings.

Wat? xD

How does a guy who both in Miami and Cleveland constantly complained to have the management add more star players to the roster deserve more rings? He is lucky to have as many as he has in the first place. Can't get through a weak East without all his star buddies. MJ, Kobe, Magic & Co. also won with star players next to them, but they only needed 1 superstar teammate, not 2 or more, nor did they complain to have the full roster built after their wishes. Lebron is constantly building superteams around himself and complains when players on his team dont perform, he is certainly not desvering any more ring by far.

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2017 03:17 PM by Gobee129.)
04-13-2017 03:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Fulcrum Away
Admirals
Threads:

906,706,490฿

Achievements

(04-13-2017 03:15 PM)Gobee129 Wrote:  

Wat? xD

How does a guy who both in Miami and Cleveland constantly complained to have the management add more star players to the roster deserve more rings? He is lucky to have as many as he has in the first place. Can't get through a weak East without all his star buddies. MJ, Kobe, Magic & Co. also won with star players next to them, but they only needed 1 superstar teammate, not 2 or more, nor did they complain to have the full roster built after their wishes. Lebron is constantly building superteams around himself and complains when players on his team dont perform, he is certainly not desvering any more ring by far.

(04-13-2017 03:15 PM)Gobee129 Wrote:  

Wat? xD

Well, you just super hate him. ^^

Where were the Heats exactly before LeBron joined them? I mean between title in 06 and 11?

07 I think First Round
08 Didn't even qualify for the PO
09 Defeated in the First Round
10 Defeated in the First Round

They weren't the superstar time before he joined them. ^^ So they brought Chris and later James decided to join too. Even when he had offers of much more established teams/franchises. But even if you have two all star players like Wayde and Chris you cannot possibly know whether adding James would result in the ring. Best example are the Warriors who had 3 All Star players yet lost to Cavs even though they were leading 3-1. Teams and defense wins the rings. Not the number of superstars you have in it. Best example would be Spurs and the Thunder. Spurs who really didn't have that much superstars are always on the top and winning rings while Thunder even with Durant and Russ (which other team can say we have offense like that) did nothing. Talking about Miami, all 3 of them were offensively orientated. I mean Wayde, LeBron, Chris. Back in Cavs LeBron was their only attack dog. He was basically their PG, SG, PW, SF. Look up Bron's game since he joined Miami. He became the top defensive player in the league. Something he wasn't famous of in the Cavs cause they literally had no player to support him. The 3 of them became the team. Not just selfish players who play for their stats like Russ and Kevin did. And that's the main difference. All 3 of them changed their game to help the team. If he didn't had to play 4 positions in the Cavs and actually have somebody to play with there wouldn't be no need for him to leave. You cannot blame him for wanting ring when he knew he was the best player in the World but in not such good team. This is not tennis so everythig is up to you. Michael, Kobe, Magic were the best but were winning the rings because they had good teams. Especially Kobe. Were a selfish player like he played anywhere similar to that Cavs he wouldn't even see the finals yet alone a ring.

And then he comes back to Cavs with only Irving who is a superstar. Two finals one ring where he literally destroyed the team with 3 all star players. In their home court. He promised the Cavs a title and he delivered. With team far ifterior to both the Heat he was leading and the Warriors.

Wait, Cavs have superstar players beside LeBron and Irving? That's a news for me. Who would that be? Love? He is more on the bench/injured than playing. Smith? What has he done exactly? No, much like Lakers with Kobe/Shaq and Kobe/Gasol Cavs only have two superstar players. And by all means Lakers from the beginning of this century had a far better roster than the Cavs. Sayying MJ didn't have superstars is just wrong. ^^ Pippen, Denis, Kukoc are all superstars. Just cause they arent flashy doesn't mean they aren't great. Nobody beside Irving in Cavs is on that level.

I read newspapers too. I mean Lebron wanting this and that or he'll leave and stuff like that. ^^ Well he isn't getting any all star players nor is he leaving so... ^^

And yeah he deserves more ring. He is the best player since MJ and Kobe and is one of the best of all time. Player of such caliber has to have more than 3 rings.

04-14-2017 09:52 AM
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:

3,585,817,593฿

Achievements

(04-14-2017 09:52 AM)Fulcrum Wrote:  Well, you just super hate him. ^^

Where were the Heats exactly before LeBron joined them? I mean between title in 06 and 11?

07 I think First Round
08 Didn't even qualify for the PO
09 Defeated in the First Round
10 Defeated in the First Round

They weren't the superstar time before he joined them. ^^ So they brought Chris and later James decided to join too. Even when he had offers of much more established teams/franchises. But even if you have two all star players like Wayde and Chris you cannot possibly know whether adding James would result in the ring. Best example are the Warriors who had 3 All Star players yet lost to Cavs even though they were leading 3-1. Teams and defense wins the rings. Not the number of superstars you have in it. Best example would be Spurs and the Thunder. Spurs who really didn't have that much superstars are always on the top and winning rings while Thunder even with Durant and Russ (which other team can say we have offense like that) did nothing. Talking about Miami, all 3 of them were offensively orientated. I mean Wayde, LeBron, Chris. Back in Cavs LeBron was their only attack dog. He was basically their PG, SG, PW, SF. Look up Bron's game since he joined Miami. He became the top defensive player in the league. Something he wasn't famous of in the Cavs cause they literally had no player to support him. The 3 of them became the team. Not just selfish players who play for their stats like Russ and Kevin did. And that's the main difference. All 3 of them changed their game to help the team. If he didn't had to play 4 positions in the Cavs and actually have somebody to play with there wouldn't be no need for him to leave. You cannot blame him for wanting ring when he knew he was the best player in the World but in not such good team. This is not tennis so everythig is up to you. Michael, Kobe, Magic were the best but were winning the rings because they had good teams. Especially Kobe. Were a selfish player like he played anywhere similar to that Cavs he wouldn't even see the finals yet alone a ring.

And then he comes back to Cavs with only Irving who is a superstar. Two finals one ring where he literally destroyed the team with 3 all star players. In their home court. He promised the Cavs a title and he delivered. With team far ifterior to both the Heat he was leading and the Warriors.

Wait, Cavs have superstar players beside LeBron and Irving? That's a news for me. Who would that be? Love? He is more on the bench/injured than playing. Smith? What has he done exactly? No, much like Lakers with Kobe/Shaq and Kobe/Gasol Cavs only have two superstar players. And by all means Lakers from the beginning of this century had a far better roster than the Cavs. Sayying MJ didn't have superstars is just wrong. ^^ Pippen, Denis, Kukoc are all superstars. Just cause they arent flashy doesn't mean they aren't great. Nobody beside Irving in Cavs is on that level.

I read newspapers too. I mean Lebron wanting this and that or he'll leave and stuff like that. ^^ Well he isn't getting any all star players nor is he leaving so... ^^

And yeah he deserves more ring. He is the best player since MJ and Kobe and is one of the best of all time. Player of such caliber has to have more than 3 rings.

I dont "super hate" him, I dont even hate him as a player, he is one of the best players of all-time, he got his rings and that's fine, but you said he "deserves more", so that is a discussion of personality, and his personality is, unlike those of former great superstars, very weak and unprofessional. You talk about how he makes a team better, but that is unimportant here. No one said he didn't make his team better. Did he bring glory back to Miami and Cleveland? Well damn yes. But it's not about skill here. Someone is "deseving" if he is a good human being, a personality who actually deserves more success, and he doesn't.

And what you say about the beginning of the Miami team is completely ridiculous. How can you possibly believe what you wrote there but at the same time hate the Warriors? James joined forces with Wade and Bosh on purpose, he knew fully well what he was doing, he joined with them to create a superteam to win titles. How can you possibly try to downtalk that? He couldn't win alone so he switched teams to create a superteam to win titles, even arrgoantly announcing on their introduction boyband party that they will win "not 1, not 2, not 3, but 7 rings" or something, how is joining hands with 2 of the best players of his conference to win titles deserving any praise at all? It's the same thing Durant did. xD Just because Durant joined an existing team? The consequence is the exact same: James was tired of failing on his own, of not being able to beat the Celtics in the Playoffs, so he made a deal with his buddies to all join the Heat 1 year later and BÄM, superteam created. How is that deserving of anything? It's pathetic.

Then you defend his existing titles, which is also not really relevant for this argument. I didn't say he doesn't deserve any ring at all, I was saying he doesn't deserve any MORE new ones, because of his quitting and crybaby personality, and because of his need for help. I also said he got "lucky" to have 3 rings simply because of a) the weak Eastern Conference, he is basically starting the playoffs in the finals directly every year, if Kobe or MJ or Magic or Bird had started the Playoffs in the Finals every year like James, they would have challenged Bill Russell for his 11 rings lol, and b) because he always has the superteam built around him. The title-winning Heat & Cavs were much more than just 1 or 2 stars, they had plenty of stars. Shows you that you dont even count a constant allstar and one of the best PF in the league like Love as star. Then who did MJ or Kobe have besides Pippen/Shaq/Gasol? Right, no one even close to the offensive caliber of Love. The Spurs or Curry and Klay were together from the start, they didn't have to switch teams or trade superstars to win a title first. No other previous superstar who won the finals was surrounded by such a cast like James in all his winning years.

Is he a great player? Hell ja. Did he make sacrifices? Ofc. Can he win alone? Ofc not, no one can. But he still needs more supporting cast than anyone else and his attitude about it is absolutely pathetic, and that is my point: Personality-wise, he doesn't deserve any more rings, no matter all the skill he has.

04-15-2017 12:25 AM
The following 1 user Likes Gobee129's post:
Raziel07 (04-15-2017)
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:

3,585,817,593฿

Achievements

Spurs Yes
Jazz Yes
Pacers Y U No

And looks like Bucks vs. Raptors will be a great series:

Dunkfest early on haha

04-16-2017 11:50 AM
CodeBreaker Offline
Threads:

"Son of a Peach"

236,168,240฿

Achievements

I think Warriors will win this year. Altho I want to see LeBron win another one. Warriors look locked and loaded with all their all stars and MVPs..

04-17-2017 04:35 AM
Zephyr07 Offline
Threads:

"Onsoku no Sonic"

560,362,060฿

Achievements

Few Like to bet on the favorites but this title is the Warriors' to lose,they are the best team in the league.

and if any team in the west can topple them they deserve the title.

Spurs and rockets especially look good on the start

Cavs have been iffy lately,over reliance on Lebron will bite them.A 1pt margin win against the Pacers in the first game isn't champion like .

Celtics are a good team but their head to head against the Cavs this season is inferior they are weaker than the Cavs,same goes for the Raptors.

04-17-2017 08:13 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  NBA MVP 2017 Fulcrum 5 141 04-23-2017 07:29 AM
Last Post: Zephyr07
  Formula 1 Season 2017 - Discussion Sasuke 3 101 04-16-2017 09:15 PM
Last Post: Gobee129
  NFL Playoffs 2017 - Who Will Play In The Super Bowl? Gobee129 65 1,164 02-15-2017 12:55 AM
Last Post: Gobee129
  2016 Nba Playoffs Discussion CodeBreaker 259 6,848 06-25-2016 04:58 PM
Last Post: CodeBreaker

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)