Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

Michael Schumacher's Skiing Injury
Gobee129 Online
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Kigarashi - Yellow Lion"

3,212,044,493฿

Achievements
RE: Michael Schumacher's Skiing Injury

Michael Schumacher seems to be on his way back from the coma, here are 2 news reports:

Formula One great Michael Schumacher is out of his coma and has left a French hospital where he was receiving treatment.
In a statement issued today, Schumacher's official spokesperson Sabine Kehm said he has left the Grenoble hospital to continue rehabilitation and is no longer in a coma.
The statement did not say where the seven-time F1 champion was taken or give any details of his condition.

Michael Schumacher has reportedly been moved out of intensive care and into a rehabilitation ward in the Grenoble Hospital where he has lain since December 29 last year.

06-16-2014 01:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
giannis6030 Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Advanced Pirate"

120,771,280฿

Achievements

That's right....i heard it too...BEST OF LUCK FOR HIM!!

06-16-2014 04:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Bep07Law Offline
Vice Admirals
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Kurokuma - Black Bear"

1,051,828,230฿

Achievements

(06-16-2014 01:59 PM)Gobee129 Wrote:  Michael Schumacher seems to be on his way back from the coma, here are 2 news reports:

Formula One great Michael Schumacher is out of his coma and has left a French hospital where he was receiving treatment.
In a statement issued today, Schumacher's official spokesperson Sabine Kehm said he has left the Grenoble hospital to continue rehabilitation and is no longer in a coma.
The statement did not say where the seven-time F1 champion was taken or give any details of his condition.

Michael Schumacher has reportedly been moved out of intensive care and into a rehabilitation ward in the Grenoble Hospital where he has lain since December 29 last year.

To be honest this is just no good at all to be honest..I don't get why everyone's happy and stuff. He was in an induced coma (which is a coma the hospital itself used) he was PUT in a coma. So he didn't just come out of it he was taken out of the coma by the medical team..the fact that he's being moved maaaaay just maaaay be a slight good thing as theyre pretty sure moving him around is safe for his health or won't directly affect him.

That being said, the coma part is very very fishy. Why would they say nothing about his movements? his following with his eyes? Simply because he's in a desperate state and he was simply taken off from the coma to see his movements etc. I kinda have a good idea of the procedure as a friend of mine was once put in a similar state after a traffic accident. After successfully getting him out of the induced coma, he showed immediately signs of noticing his being awake..a thing which Shumacher clearly didn't do so far.

In addition, my friend was also in a desperate state already. Following movements was pretty hard, he forgot everything and everyone for a good number of weeks and only recovered from his baby-attitude of literally being spoon-fed countless information after months and months. If Shumacher does get out of it..he's most probably gonna go through the same process of not being able to talk (not knowing how) and being spoonfed information on information about himself and his surroundings together with the necessary need to teach him how to move his muscles and everything. Connecting the body parts back to the brain kinda.

Just gotta hope for the best I guess..considering he's being treated by the best of the best he has a good chance of making it through if he does get out of the coma positively..something im not entirely convinced of so far..

06-16-2014 11:56 PM
Gobee129 Online
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

3,212,044,493฿

Achievements

(06-16-2014 11:56 PM)Bep07law Wrote:  
(06-16-2014 01:59 PM)Gobee129 Wrote:  Michael Schumacher seems to be on his way back from the coma, here are 2 news reports:

To be honest this is just no good at all to be honest..I don't get why everyone's happy and stuff. He was in an induced coma (which is a coma the hospital itself used) he was PUT in a coma. So he didn't just come out of it he was taken out of the coma by the medical team..the fact that he's being moved maaaaay just maaaay be a slight good thing as theyre pretty sure moving him around is safe for his health or won't directly affect him.

That being said, the coma part is very very fishy. Why would they say nothing about his movements? his following with his eyes? Simply because he's in a desperate state and he was simply taken off from the coma to see his movements etc. I kinda have a good idea of the procedure as a friend of mine was once put in a similar state after a traffic accident. After successfully getting him out of the induced coma, he showed immediately signs of noticing his being awake..a thing which Shumacher clearly didn't do so far.

In addition, my friend was also in a desperate state already. Following movements was pretty hard, he forgot everything and everyone for a good number of weeks and only recovered from his baby-attitude of literally being spoon-fed countless information after months and months. If Shumacher does get out of it..he's most probably gonna go through the same process of not being able to talk (not knowing how) and being spoonfed information on information about himself and his surroundings together with the necessary need to teach him how to move his muscles and everything. Connecting the body parts back to the brain kinda.

Just gotta hope for the best I guess..considering he's being treated by the best of the best he has a good chance of making it through if he does get out of the coma positively..something im not entirely convinced of so far..

Not everyone is happy. It is good news, but good news doesnt mean the whole situation wasnt just extremely bad anyway. Even in the worst of situations, there can be good news^^ And ending the coma / moving / starting rehabilitation is good news.

Many people dont get the coma thing.

1.) His state was so bad, that the docs had to put him into a coma to save him
2.) Then they reduced the coma step by step and estinated it would take 6 weeks for him to wake up, but that took waaaayyy longer
3.) It's only 50% true what you said about him waking up. Yes, the docs took him out of the coma (like I said in 2.)), but Michael didnt wake up as planned. Now a few weeks later, he finally wakes up, so it's at least 50% his "own waking up", if you will, and not just the doctors waking him.
4.) Moving is definitely good (unless it went to a different special hospital), but moving into a reha facility ~30km away from his house is definitley good news.
5.) Many people dont get the consequences. Michael might never be able to do stuff again, that he did before. It doesnt have to be as dramatic as talking or walking, but it may very well affect his ability to do sport.
6.) Reha will take him many weeks probably months.

So I agree with most of what you said, bcause many people dont quite realize the whole picture. But this is certainly good news. Not saying it's the best that could've happened, but it's still news for the better of Michael.

06-17-2014 01:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Bep07Law Offline
Vice Admirals
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Kurokuma - Black Bear"

1,051,828,230฿

Achievements

(06-17-2014 01:39 AM)Gobee129 Wrote:  
(06-16-2014 11:56 PM)Bep07law Wrote:  

Not everyone is happy. It is good news, but good news doesnt mean the whole situation wasnt just extremely bad anyway. Even in the worst of situations, there can be good news^^ And ending the coma / moving / starting rehabilitation is good news.

Many people dont get the coma thing.

1.) His state was so bad, that the docs had to put him into a coma to save him
2.) Then they reduced the coma step by step and estinated it would take 6 weeks for him to wake up, but that took waaaayyy longer
3.) It's only 50% true what you said about him waking up. Yes, the docs took him out of the coma (like I said in 2.)), but Michael didnt wake up as planned. Now a few weeks later, he finally wakes up, so it's at least 50% his "own waking up", if you will, and not just the doctors waking him.
4.) Moving is definitely good (unless it went to a different special hospital), but moving into a reha facility ~30km away from his house is definitley good news.
5.) Many people dont get the consequences. Michael might never be able to do stuff again, that he did before. It doesnt have to be as dramatic as talking or walking, but it may very well affect his ability to do sport.
6.) Reha will take him many weeks probably months.

So I agree with most of what you said, bcause many people dont quite realize the whole picture. But this is certainly good news. Not saying it's the best that could've happened, but it's still news for the better of Michael.

Pretty similar thoughts yes. It is good news they moved him..and maybe just a bit the "induced coma" thing. The fact is he has been out of it for wayyyy moreeeee than my friend and I saw the state he was in..its pretty scary how a human being can regress to that point. I sure as hell expect him not to be able to talk/move function properly at all through a disconnection between body parts and brains. He's been in a coma for wayy too long..longer than my friend..and the more it takes the higher the risks and the actual deficiency.

Considering he's shumacher tho with how famous he is they might try and keep this state of his hidden till they get him back in "one piece". cause that is practically what it is. Teaching him from baby mode onwards. Just a better learning ability if his mind continuously makes progress. Its pretty scary to be honest. But just gotta hope he gets through it just like my friend kinda did. Though some parts will still remain gone for good I guess..the longer the coma the less you get back..The fact that they might be hiding his progress due to his deficiencies gives me hope that they moved him to hide him from cameras and stuff..which would be great as rehabilitation would start then

06-17-2014 02:03 AM
Lucifer Online
Threads:
Crew:

"Sin of Pride"

574,907,423฿

Achievements

Michael Schumacher is ‘waking up very slowly’ from coma, reveals his teenage son

French F1 commentator Jean-Louis Moncet told Europe 1 radio station: 'I saw his son and he told me that Schumi is waking up very slowly; very slowly.
'Although things are going at a slow pace, he has a lot of time, I would say he has his whole life in front of him to get back on track.'
Moncet, 69, also cast new light on the manner in which Schumacher was injured when he struck a rock during the fall.

Source

10-12-2014 12:26 AM
daniellemathew Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Newbie"

150,000฿

He is completely out of coma now, and is back to house with his family. According to the recent updates he is recovering fast which is good news for all his fans and well wishers. Check this out for more updates about ski injury.

11-04-2014 08:28 AM
Gobee129 Online
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

3,212,044,493฿

Achievements

So sad to see that he still isn't healthy. The family holds back concrete infos about him, so no one really knows how he does. :s

11-02-2015 01:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ghanaian witch doctor claims he caused Cristiano Ronaldo’s knee injury Lucifer 11 1,199 06-19-2014 07:10 AM
Last Post: Lucifer
  Falcao Garcia's Injury Santoryu Demon 8 970 02-03-2014 03:01 PM
Last Post: Lucifer

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)