Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

Poll: What do you think of the Marvel Universe so far?
It's great!
It's okay.
It's lame...
Show Results
Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)
Fulcrum Away
Admirals
Threads:

"Toruinu - Turquoise Dog"

906,706,490฿

Achievements
Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)

The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) is an American media franchise and shared fictional universe that is centered on a series of superhero films, independently produced by Marvel Studios and based on characters that appear in publications by Marvel Comics. The franchise has expanded to include comic books, short films, and television series. The shared universe, much like the original Marvel Universe in comic books, was established by crossing over common plot elements, settings, cast, and characters.

In this thread we shall talk only about Marvel Cinematic Universe's movies which are divided into 3 phases:

PHASE 1:

1: Iron Man
2: The Incredible Hulk
3: Iron Man 2
4. Thor
5: Captain America: The First Avenger
6: The Avengers

PHASE 2:

1: Iron Man 3
2: Thor: The Dark World
3: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
4: Guardians of the Galaxy
5: Avengers: Age of Ultron
6: Ant - Man

PHASE 3:

1: Captain America: Civil War
2: Doctor Strange
3: Guardians of the Galaxy 2
4: Spiderman movie - Sony keeps right over movie
5: Thor: Ragnarok
6: Black Panther
7: Avengers: Infinity War Part 1
8: Ant-Man and the Wasp
9: Captain Marvel
10: Avengers: Infinity War Part 2
11: Inhumans

In the first phase, we meet one of the greatest superheroes on Earth and their ways to fight against all threats to our planet. Those heroes are Tony Stark, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Hawkeye and Black Widow. The culmination of this phase is the movie Avengers, where our mightiest heroes form a team to battle incoming alien invasion. Also, we learn about the Infinity Stones a little better.

In the second phase, our heroes deal with their own problems regarding their fight in the New York (Avengers Movie) and also battling some new foes/friends. We also meet the new superheroes team called Guardians of the Galaxy lead by Star Lord. The culmination of the phase is once again Avengers movie, where our heroes are to stop Ultron, an AI created by Tony/Bruce to keep peace on Earth. We also meet new heroes, Vision and Ant-Man( Last movie of the phase, Ant-Man)... We learn a great deal about the Infinity Stones.

All the movies from these two phases are currently released, with Ant-Man being scheduled in july this year.

As for the third phase, it is pretty obvious. Captain America, Thor, Tony, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon, Scarlett Witch, War Machine, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Ant- Man, Guardians, Black Panther will fight rutless Titan known as Thanos who posses Infinity Gauntlet and the power of all Infinity Stones. Thanos is reguarly easy beaten in comic book, even though he is much more powerful than Avengers. This is because of his ego, so let hope the movies will change this.

As for today, this is the most succesfull franchise in terms of popularity and box offixe.

Do you like Marvel Cinematic Universe? Which movies is your favourite? What superheroes do you find best? What actor played the best role? Who has the best superpower? There is a lot of differences between comics and movies. For example, in comic book, Utron is created by Antman who is an regural Avenger. Also, Spiderman, Wolverine, many other mutants, Fantastic Four, Whasp appear to battle Thanos and help Avengers. Would you like to see them all in phase 3? Or some of the villains we didn't get to see. Like superpowered Beyonder? And are you ready for phase 3?

Share your thought, opinions, likes and dislikes about MCU here!

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2016 08:45 AM by Fulcrum.)
06-07-2015 12:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Gobee129 Offline
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:

"Kigarashi - Yellow Lion"

3,585,817,593฿

Achievements
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Marvel is okay so far. I really liked the original X-Men and Spiderman trilogy, but the new movies always disappoint or dont even raise my interest. Their story is not thought-through, e.g. in the Thor movies, especially the 2nd, the plot is just a huge net of open questions... But people like superheroes and awesome effects, so the movies are all good nontheless.

From the movies listed here, I watched Iron Man 1-3, Thor 1-2, Avengers. I have no interest in Captain America or Hulk or Superman, nor in the new Spiderman.

And why don't you list X-Men here? There is a new Wolverine movie and a new X-Men movie planned for 2016/17, plus Deadpool, X-Force, Gambit, and The New Mutants.

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2015 05:06 PM by Gobee129.)
06-07-2015 05:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Booker Away
Threads:

"Advanced Pirate"

777,272,400฿

Achievements

(06-07-2015 05:05 PM)Gobee129 Wrote:  And why don't you list X-Men here? There is a new Wolverine movie and a new X-Men movie planned for 2016/17, plus Deadpool, X-Force, Gambit, and The New Mutants.
Because the X-Men movies don't belong to the Avengers-Marvel-Movie-Verse.
Best seen due to the fact that Quicksilver ad Scarlet Witch, in Avengers: Age of Ultron, were not X-Men, but some normal humans somehow changed.
While both already appeared in X-Men: Days of Future Past as actual mutants.

So we're talking about two, or more, different Marvel-Movie-Verses alltogether, something that is pretty much annoying me.
I'd therefore guess that the same goes for Deadpool, X-Force, Gambit & The New Mutants.

About the Marvel movies, they're okay.
Cool effects, mediocre to lame story.
I've seen all the movies listet that are out yet, most in Television, fewest in cinema. They are entertaining if you don't expect to much and good to kill some boredom if aired.
Nothing I'd really pay for, but can be entertaining.

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2015 05:13 PM by Booker.)
06-07-2015 05:12 PM
Fulcrum Away
Admirals
Threads:

906,706,490฿

Achievements

(06-07-2015 05:05 PM)Gobee129 Wrote:  Marvel is okay so far. I really liked the original X-Men and Spiderman trilogy, but the new movies always disappoint or dont even raise my interest. Their story is not thought-through, e.g. in the Thor movies, especially the 2nd, the plot is just a huge net of open questions... But people like superheroes and awesome effects, so the movies are all good nontheless.

From the movies listed here, I watched Iron Man 1-3, Thor 1-2, Avengers. I have no interest in Captain America or Hulk or Superman, nor in the new Spiderman.

And why don't you list X-Men here? There is a new Wolverine movie and a new X-Men movie planned for 2016/17, plus Deadpool, X-Force, Gambit, and The New Mutants.

Spiderman and X Men don't belong to Marvel Studios. When we talk strictly about movies. Right to produce Spiderman are owned by Sony and right to produce X-Men movies are own by 20s Century Fox. You misunderstand the whole idea about Marvel Cinematic Universe. It isn't about all Marvel comic book heroes going against Thanos. It's only about Avengers and Guardians because Marvel Studio has the rights to produce them. So Spiderman movies and X Men movies have nothing to do with the ones I listed. Only those on the list are part of MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE. And Spiderman/X Men are part of MARVEL COMICS.

Although there are rumours about new Spiderman movie being produced by Sony so that Peter Parker would go beside Avengers against Thanos.

06-07-2015 05:15 PM
KurohashiSanji Offline
Threads:

"Senior Pirate"

1,408,782,500฿

Achievements

(06-07-2015 05:05 PM)Gobee129 Wrote:  Marvel is okay so far. I really liked the original X-Men and Spiderman trilogy, but the new movies always disappoint or dont even raise my interest. Their story is not thought-through, e.g. in the Thor movies, especially the 2nd, the plot is just a huge net of open questions... But people like superheroes and awesome effects, so the movies are all good nontheless.

Captain America's first movie was nothing special and he is a hero that might not bring many people to watch a movie of his but his second movie,the Winter Soldier,trumps nearly every Marvel movie as it is just epic.

The only ones that are equal or better are the 1st Iron Man and both Avengers. There's really nothing bad or even average to say about the winter soldier Captain America kicks some major major ass in that movie and has some of the greatest action scenes in action movies ever.You should watch that one. The superman movie is cool too.Not great but,well,it is good.Cool action scenes and what not.The Amazing Spiderman movies are good too.They are on pair with the original ones.At least they didn't make the storyline be exactly the same as the first trilogy did and they added a little comedy to it.

06-07-2015 05:27 PM
Diamante Offline
Threads:

"God of Thunder "

241,879,312฿

Achievements

I've seen everyone of these movies that have been released so far and I really look forward to the Ant-Man movie, sadly they won't use the first Ant-man character (Hank Pym) but the second and personally I think that's a shame but well, I'll have to live with it.

Guardians of the Galaxy is really funny and I personally enjoyed it a lot so I would recommend it to those who haven't seen it already. :)

06-07-2015 07:17 PM
Fulcrum Away
Admirals
Threads:

906,706,490฿

Achievements

(06-07-2015 07:17 PM)Diamante Wrote:  I've seen everyone of these movies that have been released so far and I really look forward to the Ant-Man movie, sadly they won't use the first Ant-man character (Hank Pym) but the second and personally I think that's a shame but well, I'll have to live with it.

The official reason was next: Like you said, original Ant/Giant Man is dr Henry Pym. He is also a founding member of Avengers. But when the phase one was released, they didn't have enough budget to include a movie about Ant-Man so they decided to let go. When the phase 2 started, the script for Age of ultron was already in comission and we all know that Henry made Ultron, so not to do rewriting they moved AM after Avengers. But Scott should do fine, too.

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2015 07:24 PM by Fulcrum.)
06-07-2015 07:23 PM
Diamante Offline
Threads:

"God of Thunder "

241,879,312฿

Achievements

(06-07-2015 07:23 PM)cajinnomladen Wrote:  
(06-07-2015 07:17 PM)Diamante Wrote:  I've seen everyone of these movies that have been released so far and I really look forward to the Ant-Man movie, sadly they won't use the first Ant-man character (Hank Pym) but the second and personally I think that's a shame but well, I'll have to live with it.

The official reason was next: Like you said, original Ant/Giant Man is dr Henry Pym. He is also a founding member of Avengers. But when the phase one was released, they didn't have enough budget to include a movie about Ant-Man so they decided to let go. When the phase 2 started, the script for Age of ultron was already in comission and we all know that Henry made Ultron, so not to do rewriting they moved AM after Avengers. But Scott should do fine, too.

Nice and I figured it was something like that however, as you said, Scott will probably be fine too. Thumbs Up

06-07-2015 07:33 PM
The following 1 user Likes Diamante's post:
Fulcrum (06-07-2015)
Fulcrum Away
Admirals
Threads:

906,706,490฿

Achievements

(06-07-2015 07:33 PM)Diamante Wrote:  Nice and I figured it was something like that however, as you said, Scott will probably be fine too. Thumbs Up

To be honest, at this point I do not care about him. I just want to see Spidey joining. Hopefully he will. xD

06-07-2015 08:16 PM
Fulcrum Away
Admirals
Threads:

906,706,490฿

Achievements

IT'S OFFICIAL!

Marvel and Sony have agreed terms and we will see Peter Parker as the part of Marvel Cinematic Universe! The movie is still untitled but we know that it'll be release on July 28, 2017! If they are putting Peterin this Universe, that means the Civil War will go pretty much the same way as in the comic books!

The new Spiderman actor is Tom Holland!

The movie will be directed by Jon Watts.

Here is the quote from IMDb:

Quote:Marvel and Sony have found their Peter Parker.

“The Impossible” actor Tom Holland is set to play the web-slinging superhero in the next “Spider-Man” franchise, sources confirm to Variety.

The actor is first expected to make an appearance in “Captain America: Civil War” in order to properly introduce him into the Marvel film universe, with standalone films to follow.

In February, Sony announced a new partnership with Marvel Studios that brings the popular superhero into the Marvel universe and added that the first standalone would bow on July 28, 2017.

Former Sony co-chairman Amy Pascal is producing along with Kevin Feige.

Finally, the most popular Marvel hero will appear where he belongs!

06-23-2015 08:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Fulcrum 53 2,726 03-31-2017 04:41 PM
Last Post: Fulcrum
  Marvel Cinematic Universe - Where Is The Soul Stone? Fulcrum 1 106 03-12-2017 08:14 AM
Last Post: Lucifer
  DC or Marvel Dineria 107 8,196 06-20-2016 10:44 PM
Last Post: Saving Ace
  Marvel: Civil War Fulcrum 7 502 06-12-2016 01:30 AM
Last Post: Ghost

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)