Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

Hunter x Hunter How Strong Is Hisoka?
Ouki Offline
Threads:

"Tsunade"

156,727,200฿

Achievements
How Strong Is Hisoka?

Is Hisoka a strong individual? He's strong but to what people hype him to be? This is my take on what he has done so far:

Kills a bunch of worthless dudes during Hunter Exam
Defeats an incompetent Nen user during Heavens Arena arc by cutting both his hands
Beats and/or scares the shit outta two kids
Doesn't show up during Chimera Ants arc, which is quite odd given how the events of that arc offered numerous opportunities to fight extremely powerful enemies
Kills a poor butler during Election arc
Literally gets brutally stomped by a chill Chrollo in a deathmatch with no rules
Kills two physically weakest PT members when they didn't have access to their Hatsu because.. yeah

I mean, what has he done really, he has this power ranking, giving Illumi 95 and Zodiacs are in the 80s, he decides not to fight them because it's not that interesting. The whole system is debunked by the fact that Hisoka wanted to fight Netero
Spoiler: Literally mfw I rewatched that scene

He's just extremely overrated. Answer these questions for me please, I'm ready to debate anyone who disagrees:

1. Who is the strongest character Hisoka can beat?
2. Who is the weakest character that can beat Hisoka?
3. How overrated is Hisoka out of 10? (don't be biased)

I'm still a Hisoka fan, top 3 in HxH actually, but still the truth must be told.

05-17-2017 03:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
HzJz Online
Shichibukai
King's Crew
Threads:

"Vowelless Pirate"

438,427,900฿

Achievements
RE: How Strong Is Hisoka?

(05-17-2017 03:08 PM)Ouki Wrote:  Doesn't show up during Chimera Ants arc, which is quite odd given how the events of that arc offered numerous opportunities to fight extremely powerful enemies

Not sure why you use this. The sole reason he wasn't there was for the sake of the plot. There had been 3 arcs with Hisoka before, Togashi wanted to focus on other characters.

(05-17-2017 03:08 PM)Ouki Wrote:  Literally gets brutally stomped by a chill Chrollo in a deathmatch with no rules

This again? Why not mention how Chrollo had all the preparation time he needed to gather more hatsus and come up with a plan, or how Hisoka likes to fight in his opponents terms? Don't make it sound like Chrollo would stomp Hisoka in every scenario

(05-17-2017 03:08 PM)Ouki Wrote:  Kills two physically weakest PT members when they didn't have access to their Hatsu because.. yeah

But they still had their nen, don't make it sound like they got one-shotted because they didn't have their hatsus. And please, explain to me how Kortopi's Gallery Fake would be useful in a direct confrontation.

(05-17-2017 03:08 PM)Ouki Wrote:  I mean, what has he done really, he has this power ranking, giving Illumi 95 and Zodiacs are in the 80s, he decides not to fight them because it's not that interesting. The whole system is debunked by the fact that Hisoka wanted to fight Netero
Spoiler: Literally mfw I rewatched that scene

That doesn't mean he thinks he's stronger than Netero. Netero wanted to fight Meruem when he was clearly outmatched as well.

Hisoka is turned on by strength and determination, whether male or female. That's why he wanted to fight Netero.

(05-17-2017 03:08 PM)Ouki Wrote:  He's just extremely overrated. Answer these questions for me please, I'm ready to debate anyone who disagrees:

3. How overrated is Hisoka out of 10? (don't be biased)

I'm still a Hisoka fan, top 3 in HxH actually, but still the truth must be told.

Those first two questions, especially the second one, depend too much on the circumstances to be answered properly. But I'll say this: he's on a similar level of Chrollo.

I don't think he's overrated to be honest. People put him on the level he should be, close to Chrollo (who's overrated by the way, but let's leave it for another thread).

05-17-2017 04:09 PM
Ouki Offline
Threads:

"Tsunade"

156,727,200฿

Achievements

(05-17-2017 04:09 PM)HzJz Wrote:  Not sure why you use this. The sole reason he wasn't there was for the sake of the plot. There had been 3 arcs with Hisoka before, Togashi wanted to focus on other characters.

Well whatever, this way doesn't leave room for discussion

Quote:This again? Why not mention how Chrollo had all the preparation time he needed to gather more hatsus and come up with a plan, or how Hisoka likes to fight in his opponents terms? Don't make it sound like Chrollo would stomp Hisoka in every scenario

That's not the point, no one cares about speculative other scenarios. If you are bragging about being strong and wanting good fights, then you ought to follow your word. He had been following Chrollo for years just to fight him, he got that fight and lost. Disappointing if you ask me. Hisoka had prep time but he used it to bring himself back to life when he loses.

Quote:But they still had their nen, don't make it sound like they got one-shotted because they didn't have their hatsus. And please, explain to me how Kortopi's Gallery Fake would be useful in a direct confrontation.

Kortopi shouldn't even be involved in any battle discussion, like I bet that runt Melody beats him. What's nen's usefulness without Hatsu? Yes that's the only reason friend, if Hisoka didn't have his Bungee Gum, I bet even Full Mode Shalnark would beat his ass. He'd be beaten by any decent PT member Nobunaga etc.
Hisoka is very strong physically and has great talent with his nen ability, of course someone weak will get one shot by him. The real point here is is that these 2 members are already weak, and without their Hatsu's they're basically kids.

Quote:That doesn't mean he thinks he's stronger than Netero. Netero wanted to fight Meruem when he was clearly outmatched as well.
Hisoka is turned on by strength and determination, whether male or female. That's why he wanted to fight Netero.

You can solve that by saying he's arrogant, that's the only way to it.
Or is he retarded enough to fight, or think of fighting, someone who can cut off all of his limbs before he can speak a word.

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2017 04:26 PM by Ouki.)
05-17-2017 04:25 PM
HzJz Online
Shichibukai
King's Crew
Threads:

"Vowelless Pirate"

438,427,900฿

Achievements

(05-17-2017 04:25 PM)Ouki Wrote:  That's not the point, no one cares about speculative other scenarios. If you are bragging about being strong and wanting good fights, then you ought to follow your word. He had been following Chrollo for years just to fight him, he got that fight and lost. Disappointing if you ask me. Hisoka had prep time but he used it to bring himself back to life when he loses.

Well, I beg to differ.

The point of my post wasn't really a speculative scenario. All I'm saying is, Hisoka allowed Chrollo to mold every aspect of this fight to fit his convenience and gave him every opportunity to claim every advantage he could, from allowing him time to prepare his strategy and gather Hatsu, to being able to choose the time and location of the fight. He essentially allowed for a scenario where all of the odds were stacked against him, yet he waltzed right in anyway simply because of how badly he wanted to fight Chrollo. And that affected the outcome of the fight drastically. You can't deny that.

You could say that Hisoka is arrogant because he is willing to give his opponents any handicap they wanted as long as he got his fight. But that doesn't translate to him being weak, just that that's part of his characterization.

I'd say the really disappointing thing would be if Hisoka actually won that fight. It'd mean that, despite all of Hisoka's handicaps, Chrollo couldn't beat him.

(05-17-2017 04:25 PM)Ouki Wrote:  Kortopi shouldn't even be involved in any battle discussion, like I bet that runt Melody beats him. What's nen's usefulness without Hatsu? Yes that's the only reason friend, if Hisoka didn't have his Bungee Gum, I bet even Full Mode Shalnark would beat his ass. He'd be beaten by any decent PT member Nobunaga etc.
Hisoka is very strong physically and has great talent with his nen ability, of course someone weak will get one shot by him. The real point here is is that these 2 members are already weak, and without their Hatsu's they're basically kids.

They may be the weakest, but Hisoka one-shotted Kortopi and Shalnark because he surprised 'em both. I mean, who would've thought he'd come back to life?

What's nen's usefulness without hatsu? Well, Biscuit is extremely strong even though her hatsu is pretty useless.

You're right, they - especially Shal - would be weaker without their hatsu, but not to the point where they'd be defenseless.

(05-17-2017 04:25 PM)Ouki Wrote:  You can solve that by saying he's arrogant, that's the only way to it.
Or is he retarded enough to fight, or think of fighting, someone who can cut off all of his limbs before he can speak a word.

As I said above, that's part of his characterization. Him being reckless - or retarded, whichever way you want to put it - doesn't mean he's weak.

He'd have the same reaction in front of Meruem, even though he'd die in 0.1 seconds.

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2017 12:20 AM by HzJz.)
05-17-2017 05:06 PM
ArioBarzan Online
Yonko
Threads:

"Yonko"

1,242,203,178฿

Achievements

I would bet he can beat anybody but the top dogs, the top zoldiacs, Beyond, Chrollo and guys of that calibre like ging.

I would dare say, Zeno

3. How overrated is Hisoka out of 10?

05-17-2017 07:09 PM
TOATOAA Away
Threads:

"Advanced Pirate"

168,480,700฿

Achievements

Chrollo literally had every single advantage to his side because Hisoka gave him prep and even then he was still holding his own
If it was a true 1v1 the outcome would most likely be different

Poeuf or however the fuck you spell his name

Pitou

3. How overrated is Hisoka out of 10?
(Hisoka is meruem lvl)

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2017 08:30 PM by TOATOAA.)
05-17-2017 08:30 PM
Ouki Offline
Threads:

"Tsunade"

156,727,200฿

Achievements

@HzJz sorry I took long enough cuz I wasn't in the mood for serious debates

Quote:The point of my post wasn't really a speculative scenario. All I'm saying is, Hisoka allowed Chrollo to mold every aspect of this fight to fit his convenience and gave him every opportunity to claim every advantage he could, from allowing him time to prepare his strategy and gather Hatsu, to being able to choose the time and location of the fight. He essentially allowed for a scenario where all of the odds were stacked against him, yet he waltzed right in anyway simply because of how badly he wanted to fight Chrollo. And that affected the outcome of the fight drastically. You can't deny that.

You could say that Hisoka is arrogant because he is willing to give his opponents any handicap they wanted as long as he got his fight. But that doesn't translate to him being weak, just that that's part of his characterization.

I'd say the really disappointing thing would be if Hisoka actually won that fight. It'd mean that, despite all of Hisoka's handicaps, Chrollo couldn't beat him.

Tbh that doesn't prove anything. He's not weak, but no one knows without handicaps how it would've turned out. There's absolutely nothing pro Hisoka from this fight.

I'm not trying to prove he's weak but that he's not strong, not to the extents people hype him to be.

05-18-2017 12:16 AM
Zephyr07 Offline
Threads:

"Onsoku no Sonic"

575,369,060฿

Achievements

Yeah Hisoka is not that strong,has cool abilites and all but still

He needs decent feats for the hype he gets

still think he's just as strong as Chrollo if not slightly stronger that fight they had had too much preparation on Chrollos side had the reverse happened Hisoka would have stomped

05-18-2017 07:09 AM
KurohashiSanji Offline
Threads:

"Senior Pirate"

1,411,905,500฿

Achievements

What preparation are you guys talking about??

Gathering abilities?Which is exactly what Chrollo has always done??Please...

That's the only "preparation" I see

And the surprise element went down the drain when Chrollo literally explained all the abilities he was gonna use and how they work in a detailed fashion.

And yeah,lets all ignore that Hisoka freaking knew he would lose and prepared for that as well.

And also,lets ignore that Chrollo suffered like 5% of damage throughout the whole fight and was hit like twice or something only

Also,lets ignore how many times Chrollo literally crushed Hisoka in terms of with and strategy

The strongest he can beat would be either Phinks or someone like Kite or maybe even 80% of Zodiacs

Weakest person that can beat him?Kinda a weird question but I would say Feitan

05-18-2017 09:07 PM
HzJz Online
Shichibukai
King's Crew
Threads:

"Vowelless Pirate"

438,427,900฿

Achievements

(05-18-2017 09:07 PM)KurohashiSanji Wrote:  What preparation are you guys talking about??

Gathering abilities?Which is exactly what Chrollo has always done??Please...

That's the only "preparation" I see

And the surprise element went down the drain when Chrollo literally explained all the abilities he was gonna use and how they work in a detailed fashion.

It most certainly did not. The element of surprise was still there. Cool and all how Chrollo explained his abilities, but he didn't explain his plan at all. And the fact that he could use two abilities at the same time - virtually three, since Sun and Moon doesn't disappear - makes things even more complicated. With that, he could come up with a variety of plans, as Hisoka explained throughout the fight.

(05-18-2017 09:07 PM)KurohashiSanji Wrote:  And yeah,lets all ignore that Hisoka freaking knew he would lose and prepared for that as well.

Please, do not tell me you're referring to how he came back to life. Because he didn't plan that at all. The fact that he said "If I'm going to die, might as well try this" makes it very, very clear how didn't plan that.

(05-18-2017 09:07 PM)KurohashiSanji Wrote:  And also,lets ignore that Chrollo suffered like 5% of damage throughout the whole fight and was hit like twice or something only

Also,lets ignore how many times Chrollo literally crushed Hisoka in terms of with and strategy

I mean, who exactly is denying that now? That only adds to the fact that he had every advantage in this fight.

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2017 10:03 PM by HzJz.)
05-18-2017 10:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hunter x Hunter Chrollo Vs. Hisoka - Who Is More Likeable? AnasKaneki 18 733 05-05-2017 02:02 AM
Last Post: Kanary Grek
  Hunter x Hunter How Strong Is Beyond Netero? Lisaan 19 3,638 04-05-2017 10:53 PM
Last Post: Ape
  Hunter x Hunter How Strong Is Wing? Fulcrum 5 740 09-20-2016 01:44 PM
Last Post: AnasKaneki
  Hunter x Hunter How Strong Is Leorio? Zephyr07 11 920 08-18-2016 06:33 PM
Last Post: Gobee129
  Hunter x Hunter Hisoka's Power Ranking Redache 42 8,273 01-08-2016 07:07 PM
Last Post: Binkusu

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)