Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

Farewell! Marineford will close down on July 22. All info here.

Today's Chapters: BnHA | HxH | OP | SnS

Poll: Are you excited about Vol. 2?
Yes! I can't wait
I'm not that much excited
I don't watch MCU
Show Results
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
Fulcrum Away
Admirals
Threads:

"Toruinu - Turquoise Dog"

965,973,090฿

Achievements
RE: Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

:3

04-30-2017 12:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Fulcrum Away
Admirals
Threads:

965,973,090฿

Achievements

Baby Groot concept art.

05-10-2017 01:39 AM
DroughtOfJoy Online
Yonko
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:

"Wacky Jacky"

894,316,580฿

Achievements

I saw the movie last week and it was so amazing! :3 I enjoyed it a lot, probably even more than the first one.

05-10-2017 12:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Fulcrum Away
Admirals
Threads:

965,973,090฿

Achievements

It's official.

Movie is certified fresh with 82% approval rating and an average rate of 7.1. Currently earned around 450.000.000$. Let's say does it pass the 8 limit.

So the critics deemed it worse than the first part. That's kinda dissapointing but still hyped to see it.

05-10-2017 12:21 PM
Fulcrum Away
Admirals
Threads:

965,973,090฿

Achievements

Well I finally watched it. And oh my God.

First of all, gonna start the post by saying that Guardians of the Galaxy is my favorite movie out of MCU and quite frankly one of the best movies that came out this decade and ever.

First 12 minutes of this movie... Are.. Soooooo baaaad. Were those jokes suppose to be funny? Like really? I haven't laughed once. I think the only people who actually enjoyed th are the same people who enjoy stupid US sitcoms like Two Broke Girls where you just force drop cringe worth jokes and a laugher in background. Like nobody in auidence laughed once. I can't wrap my head around what was James thinking in post production. That "humor" in the first 15 minutes is an insult to intelect.

Characters are completely destroyed. I get that he wanted to switch from plot driving movie to characters driving movie and he wanted to develop them more but for fuck's sake he screwed everyone. In the part 1, they got over their differences and became a family. That was clearly shown in the end. Now everyone is still insulting Rocket (What is worse, Peter does it too even though he was explaining how everyone are dicks towards Rocket in part 1), Rocket gets character development in part 1 only to get that removed in part 2, Gamora is lost throughout the whole movie... And Drax. Omg did they destroy him... Every character got some story for them. Even Nebula and Yondu. Drax just became a comic relief character. I mean he was that in part 1 too but they overdid it here. I didn't watch it subbes but did he at one point said he has the biggest dick? Did he ask Ego whether he has dick because he doesn't understand how a planet can fuck a woman? See these kind of US humor sitcom is really an insult to a character and us. I mean how can anybody find that funny?

I mean remember the scene when he kills that mechanic dude and turns over to Quill saying Finger on the troat means death. Metaphor. And then smiles, like ok I get it what methaphir is. That was funny. My reflexes are too fast I would catch it. That was funny. Cause it is not some cringe joke to make a stupid US auidence entertained. It's appropriate joke worthy of his character and rating of the movie.

Baby Groot. He was so damned cute. In every scene. But still little time was given to him and you can clearly see that he was intended to be used for comedy. Which is really bad. Like that scene where he needs to get a controller to Yondu and Rocket. He made how many, four, five mistakes? That is not funny. Once. Twice. Okay. Everything after that is SpongeBob lvl of comedy.

Also what really angered me about him... They were hoping us to this big conncection between Quill and him. Cause in almost any movie promo baby Groot was sticking with Quill. Romance between Peter and Gamora was clearly hinted in movie 1. And I thought as he is a baby that he will develop this mom dad relation with Gamora and Peter. And he did. In one scene with Gamora and at the end of movie with Quill. He was only there to be used for comedy and grasp oooh cuteeeee which is waste of character.

Ego didn't work at all. While Kurt Russell is undeniably a great actor Ego just didn't work in here. The only thing he was doing the whole movie was just saying what he did over time. Quill's heritage is blank, unbelievable, incorrect and unnecessary. When Ego was revealed as his father I was disappointed cause that would mean that Peter is a Celestial which he is not in the source material. Then I learned that Adam won't be part of the Thanostakingdown team and I was happy cause Peter is awesome and Celestial would be a good weapon to fight Thanos. Then in the movie, Peter loses those powers. And I must ask what was the point of him being one in the first place? That is just screwed up. Movie would work much better if the original heritage was used (J'son| Spartoi) cause the plot could work if concentrated only on that. Also when he said Celestial why there was no reaction from the trio? Especially Gamora nd Peyer who actually saw Celestials wiping the planet. There were like naaaah, cool.

And damn the plot and the pace is God awful. Jumping from here to there then to some this plot then to something fourth. What was the point of Sovereigns? So somebody could hire Yondu to track down the GotG? Gunn could easily used "You screwed me for the Stone" to get the movie going. Was their point to show Adam? That could just be an end credit scene. They and Taserface are worst villains ever showed in MCU.

And Taserface. Aaaaah. So many pain watching him.

Also, daddy issues. Peter flown his whole life remembering his mom just by music and suddenly has daddy issues even know he looks to Yondu as a father. Where have I seen this? Oh yeah in EVERY MOVIE EVER MADE.

Also that scene with a bomb. Looked so cool in the trailer only to get ruined by US SITCOM HUMOR like almost every scene in this movie. While they are preparing the death bomb, while others are fighting for their lives, camera locks on Rocket and Groot while Peter's voice is outside the cave and asking everyone for a tape. Such. Cringe scene. And epicly unrealed.

Aaand adolescent Groot. I mean common.

Those were the really bad parts of the movie. Some of them.

What was good.

Visuals. That was defining part of the first movie and they are great here too. No question about that.

Nebula and Yondu. Huge improvement since part 1 though they were great there too.

Last scene between Yondu and Peter was very touching. Great scene. But the later one with his funeral was even better. Peter listening to Father and Son which is one the best songs ever made and finally acknowledging Yondu as his dad, baby Groot acknowledging Peter as his father figure and Ravagers coming to honor Yondu was really great.

Cameos worked too. Especially the Watchers and Stan Lee. Stakar was good. He is an essential part of Universe so glad we actually saw him. Aleta. Mainframe. Howard. Grandmaster.

What's with superhero movies this year? Logan sucked, Guardians sucked, apparently JLA will be worse than the Avengers meaning it will suck too, by that extent Wonder Woman won't fare better either. Thor had two bad movies and even it has the most awesome trailer it can possibly suck too seing previous movies plus the trailer can be misleading as it was with Guardians. Save us Peter Parker.

I always watch superhero movies more than one time. This is the first one I won't be seeing again. I just can't watch bad sitcom on the big screen.

How people can say this is better than the first part is beyond me. What's even more beyond me is how it rates so high? Cause this was a really bad movie. Like a really bad movie.

Sorry Gunn, you did create a masterpiece back in 2014. Now you just fucked up.

Will give it 3.5/10. Highly disappointed. I hope he reverts to roots for Vol. 3.

05-13-2017 09:45 AM
SAIBA IS MY DAD Offline
Shichibukai
King's Crew
Threads:

"Vowelless Pirate"

160,433,600฿

Achievements

(05-13-2017 09:45 AM)Fulcrum Wrote:  Well I finally watched it. And oh my God.

First of all, gonna start the post by saying that Guardians of the Galaxy is my favorite movie out of MCU and quite frankly one of the best movies that came out this decade and ever.

First 12 minutes of this movie... Are.. Soooooo baaaad. Were those jokes suppose to be funny? Like really? I haven't laughed once. I think the only people who actually enjoyed th are the same people who enjoy stupid US sitcoms like Two Broke Girls where you just force drop cringe worth jokes and a laugher in background. Like nobody in auidence laughed once. I can't wrap my head around what was James thinking in post production. That "humor" in the first 15 minutes is an insult to intelect.

Characters are completely destroyed. I get that he wanted to switch from plot driving movie to characters driving movie and he wanted to develop them more but for fuck's sake he screwed everyone. In the part 1, they got over their differences and became a family. That was clearly shown in the end. Now everyone is still insulting Rocket (What is worse, Peter does it too even though he was explaining how everyone are dicks towards Rocket in part 1), Rocket gets character development in part 1 only to get that removed in part 2, Gamora is lost throughout the whole movie... And Drax. Omg did they destroy him... Every character got some story for them. Even Nebula and Yondu. Drax just became a comic relief character. I mean he was that in part 1 too but they overdid it here. I didn't watch it subbes but did he at one point said he has the biggest dick? Did he ask Ego whether he has dick because he doesn't understand how a planet can fuck a woman? See these kind of US humor sitcom is really an insult to a character and us. I mean how can anybody find that funny?

I mean remember the scene when he kills that mechanic dude and turns over to Quill saying Finger on the troat means death. Metaphor. And then smiles, like ok I get it what methaphir is. That was funny. My reflexes are too fast I would catch it. That was funny. Cause it is not some cringe joke to make a stupid US auidence entertained. It's appropriate joke worthy of his character and rating of the movie.

Baby Groot. He was so damned cute. In every scene. But still little time was given to him and you can clearly see that he was intended to be used for comedy. Which is really bad. Like that scene where he needs to get a controller to Yondu and Rocket. He made how many, four, five mistakes? That is not funny. Once. Twice. Okay. Everything after that is SpongeBob lvl of comedy.

Also what really angered me about him... They were hoping us to this big conncection between Quill and him. Cause in almost any movie promo baby Groot was sticking with Quill. Romance between Peter and Gamora was clearly hinted in movie 1. And I thought as he is a baby that he will develop this mom dad relation with Gamora and Peter. And he did. In one scene with Gamora and at the end of movie with Quill. He was only there to be used for comedy and grasp oooh cuteeeee which is waste of character.

Ego didn't work at all. While Kurt Russell is undeniably a great actor Ego just didn't work in here. The only thing he was doing the whole movie was just saying what he did over time. Quill's heritage is blank, unbelievable, incorrect and unnecessary. When Ego was revealed as his father I was disappointed cause that would mean that Peter is a Celestial which he is not in the source material. Then I learned that Adam won't be part of the Thanostakingdown team and I was happy cause Peter is awesome and Celestial would be a good weapon to fight Thanos. Then in the movie, Peter loses those powers. And I must ask what was the point of him being one in the first place? That is just screwed up. Movie would work much better if the original heritage was used (J'son| Spartoi) cause the plot could work if concentrated only on that. Also when he said Celestial why there was no reaction from the trio? Especially Gamora nd Peyer who actually saw Celestials wiping the planet. There were like naaaah, cool.

And damn the plot and the pace is God awful. Jumping from here to there then to some this plot then to something fourth. What was the point of Sovereigns? So somebody could hire Yondu to track down the GotG? Gunn could easily used "You screwed me for the Stone" to get the movie going. Was their point to show Adam? That could just be an end credit scene. They and Taserface are worst villains ever showed in MCU.

Also, daddy issues. Peter flown his whole life remembering his mom just by music and suddenly has daddy issues even know he looks to Yondu as a father. Where have I seen this? Oh yeah in EVERY MOVIE EVER MADE.

Also that scene with a bomb. Looked so cool in the trailer only to get ruined by US SITCOM HUMOR like almost every scene in this movie. While they are preparing the death bomb, while others are fighting for their lives, camera locks on Rocket and Groot while Peter's voice is outside the cave and asking everyone for a tape. Such. Cringe scene. And epicly unrealed.

What was good.

Visuals. That was defining part of the first movie and they are great here too. No question about that.

Nebula and Yondu. Huge improvement since part 1 though they were great there too.

Last scene between Yondu and Peter was very touching. Great scene. But the later one with his funeral was even better. Peter listening to Father and Son which is one the best songs ever made and finally acknowledging Yondu as his dad, baby Groot acknowledging Peter as his father figure and Ravagers coming to honor Yondu was really great.

Cameos worked too. Especially the Watchers and Stan Lee. Stakar was good. He is an essential part of Universe so glad we actually saw him. Aleta. Mainframe. Howard. Grandmaster.

What's with superhero movies this year? Logan sucked, Guardians sucked, apparently JLA will be worse than the Avengers meaning it will suck too, by that extent Wonder Woman won't fare better either. Thor had two bad movies and even it has the most awesome trailer it can possibly suck too seing previous movies plus the trailer can be misleading as it was with Guardians. Save us Peter Parker.

I always watch superhero movies more than one time. This is the first one I won't be seeing again. I just can't watch bad sitcom on the big screen.

How people can say this is better than the first part is beyond me. What's even more beyond me is how it rates so high? Cause this was a really bad movie. Like a really bad movie.

Will give it 3.5/10. Highly disappointed. I hope he reverts to roots for Vol. 3.

Yay, someone who gets my complaints, although I wouldn't go as far as to give it a 3.5 out of 10.

But you seriously liked Nebula? I felt like her character arc was so forced. The "I just wanted a sister" was as bad as the "I gave your mother a tumor". There was no build-up or emotion in that scenes. Just a forced out-of-chaeacter development.

And c'mon, Logan was good.

05-13-2017 02:21 PM
Ape Offline
Yonko
Threads:

"G.O.A.T."

1,201,525,833฿

Achievements

(05-13-2017 09:45 AM)Fulcrum Wrote:  Well I finally watched it. And oh my God.

What was good.

You're very critical, has anyone told you that before? Appreciate the input and how you feel but it's tough to rely on your word because you're so stuck in your ways of one or the other. Let's get some middle ground m8 because you're the most knowledgeable comic book dork here and your thoughts and opinions hold some merit. Just sucks that I have to take it with a grain of salt. I mean, in the grand scheme of things was it really that bad? Unwatchable at a 3.5?

05-13-2017 06:52 PM
Fulcrum Away
Admirals
Threads:

965,973,090฿

Achievements

@Ape

Pele and Popescu would be more knowledge. See it for yourself. The first 15 minutes is horrible. Like watching a bad cringe worthy sitcom. And almost every scene after that is spiced with forced jokes. Which basically ruins the scene. Visuals are great, Yondu is great but everything else is just awful compared to the first one.

@HzJz

Well, imo, it sucked.

Charles and Logan are completely changed from what they were in previous movie because they had to make r rated movie.
First 30 minutes nothing happens.
Two cool scenes when X23 goes on rampage and that's it.
X-Men movie about almost no X-Men.
Every scene has to have swearing cause hey r rating.
Every single character in the movie is forgettable bar Logan, Charles and X23. Like can you even remember one villain that is not Logan wanna be perfect?

It's cool they wanted to make r rated movie. But they completely changed well established character and stories for the sake of rating which is something I don't like when we're talking about sequels.

05-15-2017 07:43 AM
Fulcrum Away
Admirals
Threads:

965,973,090฿

Achievements

It passed 800.000.000 $ mark. That is more than the part 1. Fifth biggest box office of MCU behind Avengers, Iron Man 2, Age of Ultron and Civil War.

06-02-2017 10:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) Fulcrum 85 2,429 06-30-2017 09:13 AM
Last Post: Fulcrum
  Justice League (2017) Fulcrum 60 2,240 06-28-2017 06:48 PM
Last Post: CodeBreaker
  Wonder Woman (2017) Fulcrum 34 1,289 06-23-2017 11:30 PM
  The Defenders (2017 - ) Crimson Comet 2 100 05-04-2017 09:57 AM
  Thor: Ragnarok (2017) Fulcrum 37 1,147 04-28-2017 06:30 AM
  Legion (2017 - ) Fulcrum 11 684 04-07-2017 01:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Comet
  Power Rangers (2017) Fulcrum 36 1,885 04-05-2017 09:20 AM
  Logan (2017) Ape 31 958 03-30-2017 07:50 PM
Last Post: Saving Ace
  Iron Fist (2017 - ) Ape 13 741 03-24-2017 08:46 AM
  Justice League Dark (2017) Fulcrum 2 143 02-19-2017 12:07 AM
Last Post: Pandasensei22

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)