Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

Today's Chapters: Tokyo Ghoul:re

Today's Episodes: Boku no Hero Academia

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows Of Valentia
Ghost Away
Vice Admirals
Supernova
World Nobles
Threads:

"Midorasu - Green Raven"

1,581,827,300฿

Achievements
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows Of Valentia

Info
Developer: Intelligent Systems
Series: Fire Emblem
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Release: JP: April 20, 2017, NA/EU: May 19, 2017, AU: May 20, 2017
Genre: Tactical role-playing

Spoiler: Gameplay
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is a tactical role-playing game in which players command two armies on opposite sides of a war on the continent of Valentia. There are two difficulty settings (Normal and Hard), two modes that dictate the fate of characters that fall in battle. In Classic Mode, a fallen unit is subject to permanent death, a recurring mode in the Fire Emblem series that removes fallen characters from the rest of the game. Casual Mode enables units to be revived at the end of a battle. The player navigates Valentia using a world map, going to different story-based and optional locations. Environments are split between battle maps similar to earlier Fire Emblem titles, towns which can be explored to find friendly non-playable characters (NPCs) which run shops, and dungeons the player can explore. Encountering enemies on the world map or in dungeons with trigger a battle.

As with other Fire Emblem games, Fire Emblem Echoes uses a turn-based system where each unit on both sides is given their chance to move and act. Battles take place on a grid-based battlefield, with turns being given for players and enemies. During an attack, the view transitions from a top-down perspective to a third-person view. Unlike many other Fire Emblem titles, the Weapons Triangle — a rock–paper–scissors system where certain weapons have advantages over others — and limited weapon durability are removed. Units instead have standard weapons that last the whole campaign, and can be given special weapons which replace their standard weapon and grant passive advantages. Each unit can only carry one weapon, which grows in power as its wielder gains experience points and levels up through battle. Each unit is assigned a unique character class, with the class dictating their weapon and consequently their actions; archers can attack at a distance, melee fighters are limited to close-range attacks, while mages must sacrifice a portion of of their health to perform an action. Once a unit has reached a certain level, their class can be evolved into more powerful versions. Villager NPCs can also be recruited in towns; while initially weak, they can be strengthened and assigned any available character class.

Each time a unit is used in a battle, their Fatigue meter is filled and their maximum health is decreased. The meter is depleted by either giving that unit gifts or purifying them at special statues. During battles, adjacent allied units can engage in Support conversations. In dungeon environments, players can roam freely through a 3D environment with a party of ten units, able to avoid encounters if they wish and smash objects or open crates to obtain money and items. Upon engaging an enemy, the perspective switches to the standard top-down battle screen. An added function is Mila's Turnwheel, a mechanic whereby players can undo three turns to redo moves if something has gone wrong such as a unit falling in battle. In addition, Fire Emblem Echoes features Amiibo support, with compatible figurines being main protagonists Alm and Celica, in addition to characters from earlier Fire Emblem games: using an Amiibo summons a phantom unit for a single turn at the cost of a character's health. Amiibos not related to the Fire Emblem series summon allied monsters.

Trailer:

So are you looking forward to this game? Will you be playing it? Does it look any good? Tell us what you think :)

05-04-2017 10:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Ghost Away
Vice Admirals
Supernova
World Nobles
Threads:

"Midorasu - Green Raven"

1,581,827,300฿

Achievements
RE: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows Of Valentia

I have pre-ordered this game, and I am looking forward to it very much. I loved the last one I played so I hope that this one is as good :)

05-04-2017 10:41 PM
Ghost Away
Vice Admirals
Supernova
World Nobles
Threads:

"Midorasu - Green Raven"

1,581,827,300฿

Achievements

This game is now released. Have anyone played it? Did you like it? Will you play it? Tell us what you think ^^

05-19-2017 03:08 PM
Ghost Away
Vice Admirals
Supernova
World Nobles
Threads:

"Midorasu - Green Raven"

1,581,827,300฿

Achievements

I have started playing the game and I must say I like it. I have some things I liked better in the last one, like you being your own character, but the two main characters are really nice so it's okay.
I think I like the story a bit better here, not sure why but I do.
Anyway I will keep playing and see what will happen :)

05-19-2017 10:07 PM
Ghost Away
Vice Admirals
Supernova
World Nobles
Threads:

"Midorasu - Green Raven"

1,581,827,300฿

Achievements

I have played the game some more, and over all I like it. The dispute between the main character was ridicules tho, and it felt kind of forced, sadly. But besides that I like the story. Both characters has really nice quests, and nice characters with them, and I like that because then I don't feel like one of them are boring and useless to play as.

Right now I am actually stuck on a very difficult fight, and I hope I can manage to get by it. If I don't, well then I need to play some other fights before I guess.
Anyway, I am looking forward to see where the story is heading.

05-22-2017 09:50 PM
Ghost Away
Vice Admirals
Supernova
World Nobles
Threads:

"Midorasu - Green Raven"

1,581,827,300฿

Achievements

So now I have come to the end. And the story has been ridicules predictable, but I have kind of enjoyed it anyway. So now I have the final battle left and I can't win. I get so frustrated! I only have 10 of my characters and they are to no help at all! I get so damn frustrated and I don't know what to do. I mean compared to the other battles it's insane. I haven't had any mayor problem with them, but this one. But well I will get past it somehow. Because I want to get to the end of the very cliche but nice story.

05-26-2017 10:53 PM
Ghost Away
Vice Admirals
Supernova
World Nobles
Threads:

"Midorasu - Green Raven"

1,581,827,300฿

Achievements

I actually had one more battle. And damn I passed the other battle, with a lot of luck, not even kidding. But the final battle is impossible. My characters can hardly even hurt the final boss without dying. And if the main characters dies I need to redo the hole thing. And damn I have redone it so many times now. I have like a few characters left but they can't hurt the dragon. It's so ridicules how they take like almost all of his life, are almost dead themselves, I need to heal them, which I can barely do. And he can heal like all his life in one turn. And half of the time I don't even hurt him. He hurts me, but I can't hurt him. I just get mad, and the fight isn't even fun anymore.
But I will try to do it again, tomorrow, I want to finish the game!

05-28-2017 12:30 AM
Ghost Away
Vice Admirals
Supernova
World Nobles
Threads:

"Midorasu - Green Raven"

1,581,827,300฿

Achievements

I am now done with them game and I am very conflicted over it.
It had great character, for most of the time. It was kind of short so it was easy to play. It looked good, and the atopy was okay.

But then the story was also very boring and the end was kind of not worth it. I felt very disappointed when I was done. And not that it ended cliché because that was obviousl. I think it was the dialogue and that they was like, sure you won but there will always be a new war. And I felt like it's true but it's not a fun way to end a game.
Then you get the story of all characters a d i don't know it was kind of boring. And I normally dont care much about the female characters and how you use them. But here I got kind of posed because it felt like all the woman just got boring useless stories.

And I missed that you couldn't get all your characters to be friends. Here it was just some characters that could be friends.

And the final fight, well I hated it and had trouble with it and when I won it felt more like luck then skill. So I could have won either of the times, didn't matter what I did and I hate that kind of things.

So if you know how the game will go I think you can have a fun time or rather don't care, otherwise I would recommend other fire emblem games.

05-28-2017 10:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fire Emblem Heroes Ghost 4 128 02-04-2017 01:26 AM
Last Post: Ape
  Fire Emblem Fates Ghost 3 332 05-24-2016 06:44 PM
Last Post: Ghost

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)