Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister

Facebook

Events | New Posts | New Threads

Welcome to Marineford, Guest! Can you survive on the Grand Line? Become a Pirate and start your journey: Click here! Join us. Share theories. Make friends.

Today's Chapters: Tokyo Ghoul:re

Attack on Titan The Coordinate
Gobee129 Online
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Kigarashi - Yellow Lion"

3,197,770,393฿

Achievements
The Coordinate

What is the Coordinate? A person? An item? An ability?

What we know:

Fact #1 - Reiner and the rest of the shape shifters (not counting Ymir) come from a mysterious homeland outside the Walls, and were on a mission to infiltrate the military in search of something that Reiner refers to as the "Coordinate". The shifters believe Eren Yeager may be the Coordinate, or be in possession of it.

Fact #2 - Eren possesses the Coordinate. It is not clear if he is just the holder of the Coordinate, or if Eren is the Coordinate himself!

Fact #3 - The Coordinate's ability is related to controling other Titans.

Fact #4 - Eren's dad, Grisha Jaeger, injected some kind of fluid/drug/medicine/serum into Eren, to give him the ability of shape shifting. If you wanna know what exactly that serum/fluid was, check out the spoiler thread. In this thread, we will only use Manga knowledge.

Fact #4.5 – The Ape Titan was able to change humans into normal Titans, not Shape Shifters.

Fact #5 - The Walls are made out of Titans using their hardening ability.

Fact #6 – The Shape Shifters are afraid of normal Titans, due to their superior numbers. They are in danger of being eaten just like normal humans.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AoT Wiki says: Eren possesses a mysterious ability to control nearby Titans, called the “Coordinate".

So these are quite a lot of different facts, that could lead to many various ideas.

Here is what Reiner says:

Let's start the analysis:

The Coordinate has "landed" - That's what Reiner said. So it seems like the Coordinate is an item, that gives its user the ability to control/manipulate other Titans, or the Coordinate is a bloodline heritage, similar to a Kekkei Genkai in Naruto, passed down from generation to generation, awakened only by one person every 50/100 years or so.

Also, Reiner said: "We must take it back." - So I'm assuming the Shifters, that live outside the walls and sent Reiner, Berthold and Annie, were in possession of the Coordinate before it belonged to Eren.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The theory:
Several years back, something happened that triggered the creation of Titans & Shape Shifters. (What that trigger was can be read once again in the spoiler thread). I assume the “mysterious homeland” is the home of the major villains in the story, the home of the Shape Shifters. Their goal is to destroy humanity and live on as the only surivors, namely as Shape Shifters, a superior race. Fact #4 and #4.5 shows us, that the ability exists to turn humans into Titans, probably with a drug/serum. This serum was man-made, to transform humans on purpose. Why would anyone risk his life and change a human into a monster that can kill you? My answer: Because they already had a way to control Titans -> The Coordinate (Fact #3)

So like the serum, the Coordinate was man-made.

Then, through unknown means, somehow the Coordinate got lost or was stolen from the “mysterious homeland”, and found its way into the Walls, where the normal humans live. This is the biggest plot in my theory, because now this is not derived from any of the above facts, but I suggest that Eren’s grandpa stole it. He was one of the first Shifters from the mysterious homeland, but unlike his peers, he was “a good guy”, and didn’t want to destroy humanity. So he (and maybe his son, Grisha) fled and cooperated with humanity: They used the Coordinate to control Titans, who then used their hardening ability to form the 3 huge Walls (fact #5). That of course fits only IF the Coordinate is actually an item.

Like I said before, it can also be a blood heritage. Then I would suggest that Eren’s grandpa were part of the bloodline that could awaken the Coordinate, and he fled from the “mysterious homeland”, to hide within the Walls, so that humanity would be in possession of the Coordinate.

Granted, this is pure speculation, but the question stands: Why/How would hundreds of Titans stand in line and use their abilities to form Walls, which protect their potential food? For me, this question has only 2 possible answers:

1. All the Walltitans were good Shape Shifters, like Eren, and they voluntarily created the Walls to help humanity.
2. The one I suggested above: Titans being controlled through the Coordinate

The first answer doesn’t quite make sense, because if all the Walltitans are in fact good, then there wouldn’t be any harm in letting them wake up, right? They could even be used as a huge army to kill all the normal Titans!? But Armin and the Wall Cultist were both very afraid of the possible awakening, leaving no doubt that all the Walltitans are evil.
So how do you get hundreds of evil Titans into helping humanity? -> The Coordinate

Of course, this was kept secret from the normal citizens.

Knowing about the Shape Shifters outside the Walls, who aim to destroy humanity, Eren’s dad eventually transformed Eren into a Shape Shifter and “gave” him the Coordinate, or he trusted him to awaken the ability (if it’s a bloodline heritage). (Fact #2) After that, his dad disappeared completely. We don’t know if he’s dead, hiding, looking for reinforcements or whatever.^^

My idea is the following: Grisha knows the Shifters want the Coordinate back. He was hiding it (or himself, if it’s in fact a bloodline heritage) the whole time. By disappearing, he tried to hide his connection to Eren. If the Shape Shifters knew Eren was Grisha’s son, maybe they would have targeted him a lot sooner? He tried to avoid that. Maybe even tried to lure them away, in the hope that they would chase after him, believing he is/has the Coordinate. But that’s just a simple idea on the side. ;)

So now we have to combine fact #6 & #1 -> The original goal of the evil Shifters was, as we know, to destroy humanity. But so far, they “failed”. The danger posed by the normal Titans doesn’t vanish, so they have to make sure to gain all the power: Get the Coordinate back! (Fact #1)

Seeing how much Reiner & Co know about the Coordinate, the theory about them possessing it in the past, or even creating it, is quite plausible.

Conclusion:
The Coordinate was created by the antagonists, the Shape Shifters, to control normal Titans. But through unknown reasons it changed possession and was in the hands of humanity for more than 100 years until now. Whether it’s an item or a bloodline heritage, Im not sure, but I’m pretty sure it’s not just one person., because Eren wasn’t alive at the time the Walls were built, and Im convinced the Coordinate had a major role in their creation.

Well I hope you enjoyed the long read, make sure to correct my theory with your own ideas, maybe we can figure out a nice theory together ;)

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2014 11:43 PM by Gobee129.)
01-02-2014 11:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes Gobee129's post:
abhishah901 (05-09-2015)
Bep07Law Online
Vice Admirals
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

"Kurokuma - Black Bear"

1,050,326,630฿

Achievements
RE: The Coordinate

So..here's a couple of points regarding what you said xD

Whilst reading it I couldn't help thinking continously of the relationship between the Ape Titan and the Shapeshifters. Is the Ape titan a shifter or not? Cause if not, it may be possible that the ape titan and the shapeshifters we know about are not working with each other at all. In other words, if they have two different views, maybe the shapeshifters are simply trying to gain the power of the coordinate in order to counter the ape titan and possibly its allies.

This brings forth another problem. Is the coordinate and the ape titan's ability one and the same? The power to control the titans and the power to "create" more titans. Not trying to cross from one anime to another but it may be possible for the ape titan's ability to transform humans to be a sort of power up to the power to control the titans. A bit like having a normal sharingan and pushing it into becoming a Rinnegan. That sort of thing xD In this case, the power of the coordinate may not only be for the sole purpose of controlling the titans but also have the power to create them, a power which, in the hands of other people may be of utmost importance (shapeshifters) whilst completely disregarded in the case of Eren.

This may be a bit of a far fetched idea considering Reiner or Bertholdt mention that this "coordinate" is in the worst hands (Eren's) even though I don't see Eren using this for a purpose other than that of controlling existent titans rather than creating new ones. This however may also mean that "it is in the worst hands" cause Eren will be one hell of a tough guy to take it away from. But even so, how do you take that power away when the user has no idea how he suddenly awakened it?

Completely agree to a good number of points mentioned specially the one with the Wall Titans forming a line with the "Coordinate". That is pretty much the only reasoning that makes sense with regards to how that wall was formed xD

01-03-2014 12:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Gobee129 Online
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

3,197,770,393฿

Achievements

(01-03-2014 12:08 AM)Bep07law Wrote:  So..here's a couple of points regarding what you said xD

Whilst reading it I couldn't help thinking continously of the relationship between the Ape Titan and the Shapeshifters. Is the Ape titan a shifter or not? Cause if not, it may be possible that the ape titan and the shapeshifters we know about are not working with each other at all. In other words, if they have two different views, maybe the shapeshifters are simply trying to gain the power of the coordinate in order to counter the ape titan and possibly its allies.

This brings forth another problem. Is the coordinate and the ape titan's ability one and the same? The power to control the titans and the power to "create" more titans. Not trying to cross from one anime to another but it may be possible for the ape titan's ability to transform humans to be a sort of power up to the power to control the titans. A bit like having a normal sharingan and pushing it into becoming a Rinnegan. That sort of thing xD In this case, the power of the coordinate may not only be for the sole purpose of controlling the titans but also have the power to create them, a power which, in the hands of other people may be of utmost importance (shapeshifters) whilst completely disregarded in the case of Eren.

This may be a bit of a far fetched idea considering Reiner or Bertholdt mention that this "coordinate" is in the worst hands (Eren's) even though I don't see Eren using this for a purpose other than that of controlling existent titans rather than creating new ones. This however may also mean that "it is in the worst hands" cause Eren will be one hell of a tough guy to take it away from. But even so, how do you take that power away when the user has no idea how he suddenly awakened it?

Completely agree to a good number of points mentioned specially the one with the Wall Titans forming a line with the "Coordinate". That is pretty much the only reasoning that makes sense with regards to how that wall was formed xD

Like I said, Im pretty sure the ability to control Titans (Coordinate) and the ability to create them are 2 different things. Eren being able to transform humans into Titans/Shifters? He could transform his friends, form an army? Nahh, I doubt that.

I highly recommend you to read the spoiler thread, so that u know where the Titans are coming from :D I dont know where the Ape Titan is coming from tho, but I believe that he is a normal Titan, not a Shifter.

It says "100 years ago, the Titans suddenly appeared". So it's save to assume they are not a natural evolution. If all Titans were originally humans, then it's easy to believe that the Ape is just a more advanced/developed form of Titan on the evolutionary ladder, and he was able to examine the drug that transformed him and his Titans, until he was able to reproduce it to some extent. So now he is testing it on the other humans.

01-07-2014 04:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Sir Lor D Jay Offline
Threads:
Crew:

"Amateur Pirate"

2,691,600฿

Achievements

I guess I need to read more to understand these ^^ I already finished watching 25 episodes.. im onto manga right now ^^ I'll post my idea here after that ^^

01-08-2014 05:32 AM
ArioBarzan Away
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Tsugehige 

"Supernova"

994,895,878฿

Achievements

The Ape Titan is prolly Motto or a high ranked guy in their group. The cordinate, I think it is more of an ability. Correct me But reiner said that we should get it and I thought he was refering to Eren. Like it was some sort of an ability. But what I said doesnt really make sense.

01-17-2014 08:58 PM
Luffuzaki Offline
Threads:
Crew:
Warriors 

"Status: Broke ._."

558,872,277฿

Achievements

I don't really know, if it is like a bloodline heritage. Reiner says, they must take "IT" back. I see it as an item. Could it be that the thing he got injected with was the "cordinate" and titan shifter ability?

02-05-2014 09:27 PM
Gobee129 Online
Fleet Admiral
Revolutionaries
Supernova
Threads:
Crew:
Marines 

3,197,770,393฿

Achievements

(01-17-2014 08:58 PM)ArioBarzan Wrote:  The Ape Titan is prolly Motto or a high ranked guy in their group. The cordinate, I think it is more of an ability. Correct me But reiner said that we should get it and I thought he was refering to Eren. Like it was some sort of an ability. But what I said doesnt really make sense.

(02-05-2014 09:27 PM)Luffuzaki Wrote:  I don't really know, if it is like a bloodline heritage. Reiner says, they must take "IT" back. I see it as an item. Could it be that the thing he got injected with was the "cordinate" and titan shifter ability?

It seems like the thoughts of us were proven to be correct. We still dont know what exactly the Coordinate is, and how it works, but it was revealed now thatthe Coordinate can in fact go from contianer to container, from human to human, or from titan to titan. :)

05-07-2014 10:56 PM
Enies Offline
Pirate King
Shichibukai
Supernova
World Nobles
Threads:
Crew:
CR Riders 

"Cute Omohana :3"

604,810,610฿

Achievements

Omo i really like this! I have one issue with this tho what and who is the ape titan in all of this!
If the shape shifters from the outer village are evil what does that make the monkey titan?

I think in all of this the ape man is a failed shape shifter that like Eren is special but yeah good theory :3

07-20-2014 03:08 PM
Ploush Offline
World Nobles
Threads:
Crew:

"PervyAlmostMod"

143,770,480฿

Achievements

Grisha was most likely the coordinate ... I don't know how he got this ability but, he had it at some point

Considering that Eren ate his father it makes sense for him to be the coordinate right now

and the "first" coordinate probably ordered the titans to become the walls so it would make sense not to wake them up because they're most likely evil...

Weirdly enough the Ape Titan seem to be able to control other titans to some extent :x so I understand @Bep07Law 's confusion >w<

08-31-2016 04:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)